New Rams website

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Admittedly, I'm a little butthurt over losing my team to LA. But was checking out the new website, www.welcomehomerams.com, and saw this little timeline on there. Why in the world would they completely ignore the time the franchise was in St. Louis? Did it not exist? I get it - it's the LA Rams - but to completely disregard the time spent there to me is ridiculous and another slap in the face to St. Louis. Are they going to completely ignore Kurt Warner? Orlando Pace? Torry Holt? Marshall Faulk? The Super Bowl? Ridiculous. Rant over.

upload_2016-1-19_11-52-30.png

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Well if we want to let it off the hook on a silly technicality, it says "L.A. Rams Past...", not "Rams Franchise Past"... so note that Cleveland isn't on there either. I would guess (and hope) going forward they will honor the years in St. Louis, especially the GSOT as a huge part of the franchise identity.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I hope they don't leave the St.Louis years out of their history. Some of the greatest Ram players of all time were on those teams. Heck some of the greatest players in NFL history were on that team. I don't care where you live if your a Rams fan there is no way your forgetting the GSOT.

MrMotes

Starter
I hope they don't leave the St.Louis years out of their history. Some of the greatest Ram players of all time were on those teams. Heck some of the greatest players in NFL history were on that team. I don't care where you live if your a Rams fan there is no way your forgetting the GSOT.

I can't imagine they'd do that. Every single player on the roster today is a former St. Louis Ram.

They're just pumping up L.A. ...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well if we want to let it off the hook on a silly technicality, it says "L.A. Rams Past...", not "Rams Franchise Past"... so note that Cleveland isn't on there either. I would guess (and hope) going forward they will honor the years in St. Louis, especially the GSOT as a huge part of the franchise identity.
And lets remember Cleveland too! After all the Rams Won an NFL Championship their too!!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But in St. Louis, we honored the Los Angeles Rams at many a home game, in the ring of honor, by having retired #'s hoisted (Deacon Jones - who never played a down as a St. Louis Ram). It's part of the history of the franchise and shouldn't be ignored.

MrMotes

Starter
It's just one page on the website that's specifically talking about he history of the LA Rams...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I wonder what Los Angeles will do with this ?

KurtWarner_display_image.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But in St. Louis, we honored the Los Angeles Rams at many a home game, in the ring of honor, by having retired #'s hoisted (Deacon Jones - who never played a down as a St. Louis Ram). It's part of the history of the franchise and shouldn't be ignored.
In the end, it won't be..No way we can ignore this important part of Rams history. Pace will probably go into the Hall of Fame very soon and the Rams will honor him

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I don't believe that's the teams actual official websites , that's just a separate welcome home website

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably pack it carefully in bubble wrap with the other two National Championship trophies in the moving truck...

I wonder what Los Angeles will do with this ?

KurtWarner_display_image.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Just getting the hype machine going.
Warner will be put in the ring of honor in LA as a St. Louis Ram member. It was an important part, I say THEE most important part of the teams history. It will be recognized.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't see how they could even if they wanted to be like WWE and ignore the St. Louis Rams. They are wanting to become the home of the NFL with NFLN, the draft, Super Bowls, etc. Oh and Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner work for said network.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wouldn't make much of it. It is a site to push sales of tickets. I'm going to guess that when the Rams first moved to St Louis, there wasn't a lot about LA in their ticket drives either. In fact, if y'awl will remember, it wasn't until Stan took over that many of the Rams players said they felt welcomed by the Rams. Georgia wanted to remove all evidence of anything LA Rams. I remember interviews with Deacon, Jack, and Hacksaw talking about how unwelcome they were. I have to hope Stan doesn't do that on returning to LA.