NEW: Rams Thursday Night Game Should Expose Franchise, Not Fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting how you claim people outside St. Louis have varied reasons for wanting to watch the game but then excuse locals for not going to the game. It seems other NFL fans will be excited to watch Gurley and Winston but St. Louis fans can't be expected to get excited for the third RB in Rams history to gain 1,000 yards. Aaron Donald has 20 sacks in 23 NFL starts which will add viewers to the NFL Network but not put butts in the seats.

St. Louis fans are repeating the mistakes made by Los Angeles fans and it's sad to see. St. Louis fans not going to the game isn't going to affect Kroenke any more than Los Angeles fans boycotting games affected Georgia. All they're doing is making it easier to point fingers. Hell these days attendance numbers are inflated in a way they couldn't be back in 1994 for Los Angeles. Today they count tickets distributed, then they counted how many people actually showed up at games! Don't make the same mistake Los Angeles did 21 years ago( I know this is too late but I've said it all year) support the players while hating the owner. All you're doing by leaving seats empty is helping the owner you hate make the case against you.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hope everyone at ROD is doing great! My apologies for not sharing any articles of late. I will try to do better in the future. Hope you all enjoy the read, enjoy the game and have a very Merry Christmas!

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...ms-Game-Should-Expose-Franchise-Not-Fans.aspx

Shane I didn't know you were still writing I figured you had retired :sneaky:

Well written article, much appreciated and I don't live in STL. Considering how the national guys treat this whole thing it's great that a local stands up and punches back!!!

Curious.......do you know Miller & Moulton here in SWFL? I spent 9 months working for Beasley Media here and they were the local show on the ESPN affiliate.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Interesting how you claim people outside St. Louis have varied reasons for wanting to watch the game but then excuse locals for not going to the game. It seems other NFL fans will be excited to watch Gurley and Winston but St. Louis fans can't be expected to get excited for the third RB in Rams history to gain 1,000 yards. Aaron Donald has 20 sacks in 23 NFL starts which will add viewers to the NFL Network but not put butts in the seats.

St. Louis fans are repeating the mistakes made by Los Angeles fans and it's sad to see. St. Louis fans not going to the game isn't going to affect Kroenke any more than Los Angeles fans boycotting games affected Georgia. All they're doing is making it easier to point fingers. Hell these days attendance numbers are inflated in a way they couldn't be back in 1994 for Los Angeles. Today they count tickets distributed, then they counted how many people actually showed up at games! Don't make the same mistake Los Angeles did 21 years ago( I know this is too late but I've said it all year) support the players while hating the owner. All you're doing by leaving seats empty is helping the owner you hate make the case against you.

I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years. I've contributed a shit load of money to this franchise, and completely emotionally invested as well. The fans have not given up on this team - this team has given up on it's fans. I can tell you countless reasons of why I say that.... but I think most of it is pretty obvious. Horrible record over last 10 years, an owner who doesn't want to be here, the team / organization distancing themselves from us in so many ways (cancelling FanFest, having a very lackluster effort for training camp, throwing it in our face by having 2 days of practice in Oxnard - where the owner shows up by the way, less and less giveaways at the game) - I could go on and on. Get this - this past Sunday was fan appreciation day. I called my season ticket manager and asked her what the giveaway was for the game - there was none. I said, how is it fan appreciation day - well, you get half off hot dogs, and you can wait in line to go on the field after the game. Wow. Thanks. That said season ticket manager just sent an email yesterday saying she's leaving after tomorrow to go work for her 'dream job' for another NFL franchise. Don't put this on the fans of STL. Everyone has a breaking point and I think a decade of losing and an owner who has checked out and wants to move the team is a pretty damn good reason to have one.

I'll be there tonight because I love this team, but I'd never, ever begrudge other fans in STL for not padding Stan's pockets any further.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

This is different. SK can't claim he is losing money like Georgia did, plus if the stadium issue gets resoved that's the end of it. Goergia had legit stadium complaints to a degree.

There actually aren't that may parallels here other than it's the Rams in the conversation.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The Cleveland/Los Angeles/Anaheim/St Louis Rams marketing slogans.

Breaking hearts since 1936.
Have cash will travel.
It's not you, it's us. No wait, it's you.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Breaking hearts since 1936.
Have cash will travel.
It's not you, it's us. No wait, it's you.
Doesn't have to break your heart. As a L.A., Anaheim, and now St. Louis Rams fan. I will always be a Rams fan, until the day I die.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Doesn't have to break your heart. As a L.A., Anaheim, and now St. Louis Rams fan. I will always be a Rams fan, until the day I die.

No I like my relationships to be two sided.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Have cash will travel.

Problem with this is Georgia had no cash until she moved to the Gateway City.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Articles like this don't help anything IMO...

I think most STL Ram fans want the team to stay....so writing an article like this is like wanting to get back with your girlfriend but then bad mouthing her....

Unfortunately the world is not a fair place and the only solution to all of this all along has been that the STL fans need to go to the games. Not going just gives the team ammo to move.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I cannot wait until this is all over and done with.
7EcNLar.jpg

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Good article, Shane! Like your perspective on what has transpired thus far! Don't blame fans for not going as the record hasn't justified support from the casual/ non season ticket holder! Hoping this drama is settled next month and the team gets it together for next year! Hope my granddaughter and friend see a Rams win tonight!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Hope everyone at ROD is doing great! My apologies for not sharing any articles of late. I will try to do better in the future. Hope you all enjoy the read, enjoy the game and have a very Merry Christmas!

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...ms-Game-Should-Expose-Franchise-Not-Fans.aspx

Hi Shane,

Nice read. Welcome back!
Can't really disagree with anything in your article.
You can't sell tickets by putting crap out on the field, no matter where you are.

Good job Shane.
Thanks!

P.S. Don't be a stranger!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Thanks for sharing Shane. Always a good read. Keep them coming.......

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I cannot wait until this is all over and done with.
This^^^

But I will say that I am not a fan of this kind of article. I have spent a fair bit of money going to see my Rams in stadiums around the country over the years including St Louis. I have never been ignorant to the product on the field nor that winning brings out greater numbers of fans at greater ticket prices. The St Louis fans are great. But I just don't like the reaction this kind of article elicits.

You know I'm a fan Shane. Just not this article.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Good article, Shane! Like your perspective on what has transpired thus far! Don't blame fans for not going as the record hasn't justified support from the casual/ non season ticket holder! Hoping this drama is settled next month and the team gets it together for next year! Hope my granddaughter and friend see a Rams win tonight!
People get hurt, and they will lose some fans...been through it. It sucks for everybody, to tell the truth.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Fans should be like this ...
Newman3.jpg

exaVP3j.jpg

and above all " Enjoy the Game!!

Dancing Ape.gif

drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif