New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Why would they pitch their proposal with unfinished renderings?

My guess:

I doubt they're unfinished, my guess is they removed them from the initial pitch with hopes they can add it in later. Since the NFL is probably going to move up the date to file, they need to have all ducks in a row before that to stand a chance, so if they remove that aspect of it for now, that's one less duck to deal with. Then later on they can ad it in, either before the relocation date (if they finish everything else first) or when they get a team to sign on and they start to fine tune the different details. Can't imagine they would go to this presentation with unfinished renders, so it's gotta be intentional.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think that Stan K. being at the presentation yesterday seems like a big deal. I know we are all inferring at lot of things, but I will start with the premise, right or wrong, that Kroenke pitched or stood in front of the NFL committee yesterday and backed the Inglewood plan (this has been speculated by some but NOT confirmed). If true, it is tantamount to standing up in front of all of your friends in school and declaring your candidacy for Class President. If he didn't already know before yesterday, after yesterday Stan must have a feeling about the tea leaves and which way this will eventually be decided, right? He's actually a member of this small, select club that will make the decision, not Carson, not the task force and not Inglewood. I can't believe he would risk losing this "contest" in such a colossal, public fashion. To an immensely successful Billionaire like Kroenke, having the committee tell him in front of all the other owners, and the world, that he can't have his fancy playpen and he must go back to St. Louis with his tail between his legs would be like being pantsed in front of the school.

My point is that, in my opinion, Kroenke is probably not going to be leaving this to chance, and be willing to just be surprised like all the rest of us when the NFL makes the announcement in December. Yesterday could very likely have been the tipping point either way, and if so then Stan needs to start backing away slowly beginning now if there is a decent chance that the committee/owners will pick Carson over Inglewood. If he presses the matter further, and then crashes and burns, that would surprise me greatly. Of course, I don't know if there are any other of these types of meetings like the one held yesterday that is scheduled for the future. Maybe this was it, and we just won't hear anything further until the NFL declares something. But Stan needs to start back peddling and initiating face-saving measures now if there is a chance this is going to go south on him. If he continues this pursuit without any sort of public capitulation, it tells me that he is pretty confident that his mission will ultimately be a success.*

* I also recognize that getting a brand spankin' new, almost fully funded football stadium is a pretty sweet consolation prize, and he can always spin the outcome as if that was his ultimate goal the whole time, but after yesterday it doesn't seem like many people will buy it (although I believe all will eventually be forgiven in STL in that case). I should also say that as a SoCal native, while I would enjoy having the Rams once again play in my City, I do not believe that the Rams remotely meet the spirit of the relocation rules and bylaws, and that fairness dictates that they should not be allowed to relocate. Whether fairness actually does play a role in the decision, I am pretty skeptical.

Isiah 58

Good reasoning. I see that you have double the "likes" as you do posts in your history. Either you know what you're talking about or you are an excellent bullshitter.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I see what you're saying, but I was actually referring to the thing about JT thinking that Demoff being involved in the Inglewood presentation means the Rams are showing, not telling, they really want to move. I think that because he's surrounded by reporters from other places besides STL that he could have a good handle on the general vibe, for lack of a better way to put it.

I do think the same holds true somewhat for the owners meetings, but just seeing a bunch of businessmen verbally jerk each other would be harder to read.

I guess I don't have a problem with his tone like some, while it's gone somewhat more negative you have to admit events surrounding our local team aren't sunshine and rainbows. If you're from here that is.

I'm not accusing any person of this, or talking about any individual, and I'll try to put this gently. There is a segment of our board lately that cannot seem to take any report that isn't sunshine and rainbows IMO. It reminds me at times of the Prince John scene from Mel Brooks Robin Hood movie where he forces Sheriff Rottingham to give him the bad news in a good way so it doesn't sound so bad. Mostly in the JT chat threads, not so much in this thread which almost seems like a separate board sometimes.

Anyway, back to As the Kroenke Turns.
Yeah - the site has always been decidedly homeristic and we don't shy from that. I wouldn't look for many here to jump to defend a reporter that just turns negative. For what it's worth, if I were king my sheriff would always be required to give me bad news in a cheery way. :D

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
NEW RENDERINGS, VIDEO ON STL NFL STADIUM UNVEILED BY TASK FORCE DURING PRESENTATION TO NFL
#STLNFL Task Force

Posted on Apr 23rd, 2015

b7eb9adf819598100b18a1baeec7d8031ab93c3e24e1b0f87a4d55c22ca03344_large

NEW YORK, April 23, 2015 – The task force appointed by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon to study and advance plans for a new NFL stadium on the riverfront in downtown St. Louis unveiled new architectural renderings as well as animation of the proposed stadium during a presentation to league executives and a committee of team owners on Wednesday at NFL headquarters in New York City.

Representing the task force were co-leads Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz, developer’s representative John Loyd and HOK vice president and design principal Eli Hoisington.

The task force shared the video and latest renderings from HOK and spoke to numerous details of interest to the committee and league, including stadium design, construction team, project schedule and more.

Click here to view renderings shared Wednesday at the presentation.

Click here to view the animation shared Wednesday at the presentation.

The new set of renderings included aerial depictions from the north and south, daytime and evening illustrations, exterior and interior, examples of surrounding plaza areas, green space, the connection to trails and usages for FIFA or Major League Soccer matches as well as an amphitheater-style setting for concerts. For soccer matches, retractable seating in the corners would accommodate a FIFA-regulated field of 120 yards long and 75 yards wide.

Wednesday’s presentation to the NFL represented a second milestone for the St. Louis stadium effort this week. On Monday, it was announced that Hunt Construction Group/Clayco would serve as the construction manager for the project, leading a joint venture branded as HCKL with St. Louis-based firms KAI Design & Build and Legacy Building Group.

St. Louis-based Kwame Building Group will also join the project to provide project management support services. Legacy and Kwame are both Minority Business Enterprise firms. Loyd said HKCL will comply with the task force’s mandate of targeting a workforce employing 25 percent MBE contractors, 5 percent woman-owned firms and 3 percent disabled veterans.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Don't like them. Didn't it used to go right up to the river where boats could pull up and people could go look out over the water? That muddy bank is exactly that. Ugly. Also, I still absolutely hate the video screens. They're like some sort of trapezoid instead of a rectangle. Who the hell wants their video screen to be a trapezoid? Boy, TV makers have been missing out all these years. They're trying to push curved screens now but they missed the boat. Trapezoids are where it's at....at least according to this design firm.

I'm good with most of the other stuff, though.
My guess if it is actually designed that way is the geology. Perhaps being even that much closer to the water made it a far more expensive deal. Or tree hugger groups got involved?
Oh and the scoreboards can't be a trapezoid, parallelogram or other, that would be silly.

EDIT: Upon further review of what Goose just posted, the boards are shaped that way. It follows the lines of the upper tier canopy. Where's that facepalm emoticon?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good reasoning. I see that you have double the "likes" as you do posts in your history. Either you know what you're talking about or you are an excellent bullshitter.
Yeah well some of us had thousands of posts long before the like feature was added. So neh.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Of course, I don't know if there are any other of these types of meetings like the one held yesterday that is scheduled for the future

I believe in May there's an owners meeting that'll be with all the owners, not just the LA committee. I wouldn't be shocked if they hold another two or three meetings like yesterdays as things go on. I think they probably know which way they're leaning right now, but they probably wont indicate that to anyone until they get as much information as they can.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
NEW RENDERINGS, VIDEO ON STL NFL STADIUM UNVEILED BY TASK FORCE DURING PRESENTATION TO NFL
#STLNFL Task Force

Posted on Apr 23rd, 2015

b7eb9adf819598100b18a1baeec7d8031ab93c3e24e1b0f87a4d55c22ca03344_large

NEW YORK, April 23, 2015 – The task force appointed by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon to study and advance plans for a new NFL stadium on the riverfront in downtown St. Louis unveiled new architectural renderings as well as animation of the proposed stadium during a presentation to league executives and a committee of team owners on Wednesday at NFL headquarters in New York City.

Representing the task force were co-leads Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz, developer’s representative John Loyd and HOK vice president and design principal Eli Hoisington.

The task force shared the video and latest renderings from HOK and spoke to numerous details of interest to the committee and league, including stadium design, construction team, project schedule and more.

Click here to view renderings shared Wednesday at the presentation.

Click here to view the animation shared Wednesday at the presentation.

The new set of renderings included aerial depictions from the north and south, daytime and evening illustrations, exterior and interior, examples of surrounding plaza areas, green space, the connection to trails and usages for FIFA or Major League Soccer matches as well as an amphitheater-style setting for concerts. For soccer matches, retractable seating in the corners would accommodate a FIFA-regulated field of 120 yards long and 75 yards wide.

Wednesday’s presentation to the NFL represented a second milestone for the St. Louis stadium effort this week. On Monday, it was announced that Hunt Construction Group/Clayco would serve as the construction manager for the project, leading a joint venture branded as HCKL with St. Louis-based firms KAI Design & Build and Legacy Building Group.

St. Louis-based Kwame Building Group will also join the project to provide project management support services. Legacy and Kwame are both Minority Business Enterprise firms. Loyd said HKCL will comply with the task force’s mandate of targeting a workforce employing 25 percent MBE contractors, 5 percent woman-owned firms and 3 percent disabled veterans.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah - the site has always been decidedly homeristic and we don't shy from that. I wouldn't look for many here to jump to defend a reporter that just turns negative. For what it's worth, if I were king my sheriff would always be required to give me bad news in a cheery way. :D

It was a classic movie. Have you seen the movie?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stadium looks good, the fly through really shows how awesome it is. Although I hope they square off the screens even more now, seeing them in motion made me like them less. Everything else was nice though, I like the the in-seat digital display.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
2 questions:

1. Da fuck is an "in-seat digital display"
2. Why is #96 wearing a backwards jersey? (picture 4, post #5350)

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Simply gorgeous. It's everything I've wanted in a football stadium.

If this doesn't happen, I'm going to wish I had never seen these.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
2 questions:

1. Da freak is an "in-seat digital display"
2. Why is #96 wearing a backwards jersey? (picture 4, post #5350)

Looks like a tool for concerts to project stuff on the upper deck behind the performer.
f4bca963875c33c37c23711604565826b47fbdeb2198adfe92344819b57fe03e_large

Status
Not open for further replies.