New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Appreciate that, Hack. Tbh, I have never lost hope. I'm on the opposite end, actually. ;)

I don't think there's a need to lose hope, but I do think that the odds are against us. Not us getting the funding, I think we'll do our part. But getting the owners to go against him. Like the old 8-8 Rams of a few years ago, we're going to need outside help.

The comments from the NFL at this point lead me to believe that they care that STL has a team, but no one cares which team.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think everyone is on a gag order at least until Friday (that's when Peacock is supposed to talk to the media) so that could be why there isn't anything out there, for any party.

Yep. I just have a hard time believing a reporter that even his "enemies" admit has been historically accurate would simply make something up without something there.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Is that his bill or is that the budget? Or are they the same thing? I thought his bill was a separate thing, but I really don't know.
The spkr forced the language out of the budget. So as I read it, it is now unrestricted. I doesn't say how this fits into the budget though but since it has in the past I'd have to assume it would again. The spkr must be a Rams fan!! lol

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sure I can. He talked to Peacock who likely gave him a little heads up about how the meetings went, off the record until Friday. He's not sitting down with Kraft getting him to dish on which owners he likes and dislikes.

Two completely different situations.

You can know about some things and not about another. Since he wasn't privy to the Bradford/Foles trade, he obviously is kept in the dark over some team information, but they let him know when they're pulling in a prospect for a workout.

It sounds like he was guessing though, he wasn't at the meeting so he doesn't know. Chalk this one up to hearsay as well.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
L2lL3Jid.jpg

web

Found these on the Stl Stadium Task Force twitter.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lol you don't need to have a direct answer to a question to know the answer. Haven't you ever been to a meeting and come away with a good feeling that crap is hitting the fan without them actually saying it? Never heard people talking and sensed a trend? As a veteran of the AB takeover I guarantee that you can.
Absolutely. But I think if you put any one of us in a room full of billionaires in the same industry we would get some strong senses that none of them are wanting to go out clubbing with each other - well... maybe Mark Davis but... I think in the case of JT, he is letting his feelings get in the way too much lately. Too bad too because I actually always liked his chats. I can understand to an extent though because if he was totally blind sided by the Bradford trade and fears the team is moving, he has to be a little embarrassed by not seeing the trade coming and also worried that his gig is coming to an end.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
If the Raiders leave, the NFL won't be abandoning a market-it would merely become Niner territory. Good point, blue4.

iced

I don't think there's a need to lose hope, but I do think that the odds are against us. Not us getting the funding, I think we'll do our part. But getting the owners to go against him. Like the old 8-8 Rams of a few years ago, we're going to need outside help.

don't see it this way - the owners are gonna do whats best collectively for all 32 teams, not for one individual

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The Oxnard practice facility that the Cowboys use and Raiders used to use is pretty nice place. I think that's awesome if the Rams scrimmage against the Cowboys their. I live 5 miles from the facility woot!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I've given up on you, man. The rest has been deleted and another vacation issued.

Lol what? Do you even know what you're talking about? You can't even make a rational argument, and then you go and get upset for someone responding.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is that his bill or is that the budget? Or are they the same thing? I thought his bill was a separate thing, but I really don't know.
I think you may be right. It sounds like Silvey was trying to get the wording included in the budget for the Office of Administration. It would appear that he was trying to get it in there rather than go through the process of creating and passing a bill. My guess is that it would have been quicker if he could get it done. Swing and a miss?

V3

Hall of Fame
L2lL3Jid.jpg

web

Found these on the Stl Stadium Task Force twitter.
Don't like them. Didn't it used to go right up to the river where boats could pull up and people could go look out over the water? That muddy bank is exactly that. Ugly. Also, I still absolutely hate the video screens. They're like some sort of trapezoid instead of a rectangle. Who the hell wants their video screen to be a trapezoid? Boy, TV makers have been missing out all these years. They're trying to push curved screens now but they missed the boat. Trapezoids are where it's at....at least according to this design firm.

I'm good with most of the other stuff, though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Don't like them. Didn't it used to go right up to the river where boats could pull up and people could go look out over the water? That muddy bank is exactly that. Ugly. Also, I still absolutely hate the video screens. They're like some sort of trapezoid instead of a rectangle. Who the hell wants their video screen to be a trapezoid? Boy, TV makers have been missing out all these years. They're trying to push curved screens now but they missed the boat. Trapezoids are where it's at....at least according to this design firm.

What? You seriously don't like it?

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think you may be right. It sounds like Silvey was trying to get the wording included in the budget for the Office of Administration. It would appear that he was trying to get it in there rather than go through the process of creating and passing a bill. My guess is that it would have been quicker if he could get it done. Swing and a miss?

That's my guess, but I don't think the bill survives either way. Regardless I think the speaker didn't want that shit tacked on, but rather if its going to be presented, be presented separately. Could mean that there's no enough support for it in the house though.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Shoreline doesn't bother me, maybe it helps speed/cheapen construction putting it a little off the shore. Agreed on the video screen though, having it slant like that would bother me, personally. Would rather just be squared off.

V3

Hall of Fame
What? You seriously don't like it?
I hate that they took it away from the water. That's what made that stadium unique. It has nothing to set it apart for other stadiums now. And I absolutely HATE those screens. Those have to be changed. I have no clue why they'd make them trapezoids instead of the normal rectangle. It's dumb.

V3

Hall of Fame
Shoreline doesn't bother me, maybe it helps speed/cheapen construction putting it a little off the shore. Agreed on the video screen though, having it slant like that would bother me, personally. Would rather just be squared off.
You might be right on the saving money/construction complexity. I'd like to hear the reasoning, though. That was the main point that made the stadium unique and interesting IMO. Now it's gone. I don't see anything unique about it now....other than those screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.