New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It is in the interest of the NFL and the owner to make the fan experience everything it can. And don't think for a second Stan doesn't stand to make money off everything around the Inglewood stadium if he builds it. You're damn right it matters to Stan. And if nothing, the NFL cares about making its owners happy.

I shall like your post due to a well reasoned argument.:)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
She had an issue working with Gene Autry with who she was sharing Angels stadium. She wanted to expand the Angels stadium grounds and build Rams Park in the parking lot. In essence crowding the Angels out of their own place. Autry refused.

Georgia had found an escape clause in her lease and exercised it. That clause was a stipulation on growth restrictions to her team which she felt the Autry refusal had created. Then to drive attendance down, she went about dismantling the team during the 5 year lease termination notice period. Bad attendance = yes votes or so she thought.

Towards the end of those 5 years, she went before the league owners asking to relocate. They voted NO to a move almost unanimously. After threatening lawsuits (one rumored to be about gender discrimination) the owners re-voted and capitulated to her desires.
(fun fact. GF's mother was Lucia Pamela, Miss St. Louis of 1926)

This all came on the heels of the death of Carrol Rosenbloom who had issues with the antiquated Coliseum. He had rumored to having a few deals going to get him a new stadium built so the Anaheim deal was supposed to just be a pit stop. Those deals died with him. Ironically or otherwise, this occurred the same year the IRS changed laws pertaining to widow inheritance and CR changed his will making her the heiress instead of his son Steve.

So stadium issues, getting out of leases, relocation and votes, fans supportive but left in the dust. Sounds familiar don't it?
Eerily familiar. So in essence, she wanted to stay in LA, but couldn't get what she wanted out of a stadium so she moved?

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Eerily familiar. So in essence, she wanted to stay in LA, but couldn't get what she wanted out of a stadium so she moved?
In a nutshell, yes.
Whether she wanted to work it out in LA is debatable. She was tied to a lease for quite a few more years and couldn't get the upgrades she wanted. Whether her requests were realistic or unrealistic is important but her options were few.
The climate was bad for new stadiums on LA back then. The Coliseum is huge and home games were frequently blacked out due to the sheer size of the stadium. So returning there was not an option.
She wanted more and the only way she could see it in her eyes (and the Shaw of Anaheim's eyes) was to move. Nobody or their brother believed it. Many still can't.

Stan wants more and he want's to relocate too.

The little part about being born there to miss StL 1929 might have something to do with it too, but who knows.

On March 15, 1995, the National Football League owners rejected Ms. Frontiere's bid to move the franchise to St. Louis, Missouri by a 21–3–6 vote.
A month later after her threats, 6 owners remained in opposition to the Rams move from Los Angeles: the Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals, and Washington Redskins.

Aren't many of theses guys or their relatives on the current NFL advisory panel?

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I can't for the life of me figure why this "surrounding things to do" stuff keeps getting brought up. The NFL, the Rams, and the networks do not get a dime off of a lunch sold three blocks away. There is a new stadium boost to attendance in every city. Winning draws casual fans. Fans do not decide at those prices to go see a 10 yr losing team in between lunch and a dinner show. You build a new stadium, it sells out. You make the playoffs with regularity, it stays sold out. Regardless of city. Or sometimes even regardless of sport. I can't think of anything more irrelevant to deciding where to keep a team.

It's not about them making money from those things, but it's about the "total experience". Yes, winning keeps fans coming, and new stadiums bring in fans, but those things don't last. All 32 teams can't win consistently, it doesn't work that way, all 32 teams can't have top tier stadiums every year, it doesn't work that way. So how do you keep the fans coming when the team isn't winning and the novelty of a new stadium has worn off? You give them the total experience. Especially in a city like LA, where there are tons of things to do. You can't count on a team to always win, so if you offer more than just the game. So when Dad and Mom decide to bring out the family for a game, you give them more shit to do, and next year Mom wants to come back, therefore you can count for another ticket sold.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
It's not about them making money from those things, but it's about the "total experience". Yes, winning keeps fans coming, and new stadiums bring in fans, but those things don't last. All 32 teams can't win consistently, it doesn't work that way, all 32 teams can't have top tier stadiums every year, it doesn't work that way. So how do you keep the fans coming when the team isn't winning and the novelty of a new stadium has worn off? You give them the total experience. Especially in a city like LA, where there are tons of things to do. You can't count on a team to always win, so if you offer more than just the game. So when Dad and Mom decide to bring out the family for a game, you give them more crap to do, and next year Mom wants to come back, therefore you can count for another ticket sold.
Georgia was God back then to STL. Now Stan is the devil to STL. Intresting.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Interesting note that I'm putting my tinfoil hat on.

Raiders, Chargers, and Rams all end their season on the road. Chargers and Rams both end the season with two road games. Raiders second to last game is at home vs the Chargers. If they do vote for relocation sometime around December, then having the teams have already finished most/all of their home games would make sense, because there's less of a loss of revenue.

Taking off my tinfoil hat now.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

Raiders, Chargers, and Rams all end their season on the road. Chargers and Rams both end the season with two road games. Raiders second to last game is at home vs the Chargers. If they do vote for relocation sometime around December, then having the teams have already finished most/all of their home games would make sense, because there's less of a loss of revenue.

It's all a concidence lol

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

They want to vote on relocation before construction begins in Inglewood in December. The NFL wants to show that it's in control.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
They'll have to fly to Oakland anyway, from what's been said here. I don't think he negotiates with Jerry and I'm not sure he really cares about their online. It's a move designed to facilitate LA by making fans there excited and poisoning fans here. Perhaps to drive the stadium here, although considering everyone from the Pope on down is impressed with Peacock, I doubt that's it's intention either.

Any other explanation would mean the FO is helplessly clueless, and they definitely aren't that.
That is certainly your opinion of which you are entitled to but I firmly believe you and Alot of others are just reading way to far into things because there's nothing better to and others for trolling intent. What ever the purpose I think it's ridiculous to believe a PRACTICE is the Rams saying hey St louis fans go fornicate yourselves.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
That is certainly your opinion of which you are entitled to but I firmly believe you and Alot of others are just reading way to far into things because there's nothing better to and others for trolling intent. What ever the purpose I think it's ridiculous to believe a PRACTICE is the Rams saying hey St louis fans go fornicate yourselves.
The Rams established that on Jan 5, when the Kroenke group announced that it is bulding a stadium in Inglewood.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They want to vote on relocation before construction begins in Inglewood in December. The NFL wants to show that it's in control.

The Rams established that on Jan 5, when the Kroenke group announced that it is bulding a stadium in Inglewood.
Careful. I won't make it such a short vacation if I feel you are taunting the St Louis fans.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Again your opinion because that's all it is since nobody knows what truly is going on till it happens. 100% pure opinion and speculation. Me however I will sit back relax and let things play out. I'm not gonna let this upset me piss me off make me sad make me angry or make me belive the sky is falling. Nothing we say rant or do will change what happens so why let it effect our moods. All that does is open the door for trolls to post to get their reactions and I'm not one to take the bait.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Careful. I won't make it such a short vacation if I feel you are taunting the St Louis fans.
Really? Isn't that a fact?

Jan 5 was not a good day for STL fans was it?

You could block me again if you want but I speak the truth . It doesn't matter what I say or what you say, whatever is going to happen will happen.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Only because it brought in other fans that belive they are more entitled then those in st Louis to the rams

I have met some really awesome LA fans of the Rams but that date opened up the door for some not so great ones to post their thoughts.

Again nobody knowing that the stadium proposed is even for America football. For all anyone knows it's a play for a better St louis stadium that will eventually turn out as a soccer stadium.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Only because it brought in other fans that belive they are more entitled then those in st Louis to the rams

I have met some really awesome LA fans of the Rams but that date opened up the door for some not so great ones to post their thoughts.

Again nobody knowing that the stadium proposed is even for America football. For all anyone knows it's a play for a better St louis stadium that will eventually turn out as a soccer stadium.
So you think the Inglewood stadium is beging built for soccer? Are you serious?

Ok, let's say your correct. Which soccer team will play there? Aresnal?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Again nobody knowing that the stadium proposed is even for America football. For all anyone knows it's a play for a better St louis stadium that will eventually turn out ass a soccer stadium.

I don't really see anything that realistically says that is the case, the renderings show football, and why would he spend 2 billion dollars for a soccer stadium in the U.S? It's not even in the big 4 in terms of sports? Shit, why would you spend 2 billion dollars for a soccer stadium anywhere? That's almost twice as much as Wembly, the most expensive soccer stadium in the world. I just don't see it. If that stadium gets built it's for the Rams, if the Rams stay he'll convert it to something else.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't really see anything that realistically says that is the case, the renderings show football, and why would he spend 2 billion dollars for a soccer stadium in the U.S? It's not even in the big 4 in terms of sports? crap, why would you spend 2 billion dollars for a soccer stadium anywhere? That's almost twice as much as Wembly, the most expensive soccer stadium in the world. I just don't see it. If that stadium gets built it's for the Rams, if the Rams stay he'll convert it to something else.
Was just throwing it out there as an example that the stadium could end up as somthing else. Personally im just pointing out that it makes no sense to read so far into a practice while others wanna put the cart before the horse over a practice with the cowboys

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

You could block me again if you want but I speak the truth . It doesn't matter what I say or what you say, whatever is going to happen will happen.
No. It is not a fact. As far as I understand, permits haven't been pulled or even yet applied for. Jan 5th may indeed go down as a very good day for St Louis fans as it may have kicked everyone in a higher gear and therefore brought about a quicker conclusion to the stadium issues. Hard to say at this point.

As far as what stadium gets built where, no, it doesn't matter what you or I say. But as far as this forum and the Rams fans in both camps, yes it does matter.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
No. It is not a fact. As far as I understand, permits haven't been pulled or even yet applied for. Jan 5th may indeed go down as a very good day for St Louis fans as it may have kicked everyone in a higher gear and therefore brought about a quicker conclusion to the stadium issues. Hard to say at this point.

As far as what stadium gets built where, no, it doesn't matter what you or I say. But as far as this forum and the Rams fans in both camps, yes it does matter.
No no you got me all wrong. He said that the Rams playing in Oxnard is not something to piss STL Rams fans and I said that has already happened on Jan 5.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No no you got me all wrong. He said that the Rams playing in Oxnard is not something to pee pee STL Rams fans and I said that has already happened on Jan 5.
I don't think I do but you can prove me wrong with how you post in respect to keeping the fans in St Louis in mind with what you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.