New - Kurt Warner American Underdog Trailer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
New Kurt Warner , American Underdog trailer tonight on on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

242396165_396691291825053_3254978133509030456_n.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's a nice Xmas gift for football fans!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I was a bit critical of the schmaltziness of the teaser trailer, but I like this new trailer much better.

The Kurt Warner story really is amazing. Could imagine getting a little choked up (despite myself) at this movie.

This movie's trying hard to be a tear-jerker... especially for lifelong diehard Rams fans.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QPhN0JRf3HI

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I was a bit critical of the schmaltziness of the teaser trailer, but I like this new trailer much better.

The Kurt Warner story really is amazing. Could imagine getting a little choked up (despite myself) at this movie.

This movie's trying hard to be a tear-jerker... especially for lifelong diehard Rams fans.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QPhN0JRf3HI

Yeah so looking forward to this even if it is a bit sappy at times. Martz gets to be the hard ass villain of the movie lol.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm worried that if i watch the trailer it will give away the whole story.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate to be a downer, but I'm probably not going to see this movie. I still have my Warner bobbleheads and Super Bowl 34 & 36 bobbleheads, "Warner Way" street sign, etc... But he made his choice to identify with the Cardinals after he retired, instead of embracing his highest achievement with the Rams and being a former Ram great. Yeah, I don't care about the circumstances as to why he left. Deacon Jones retired as a Washington Redskin but will always be remembered as a Ram great. Deacon was always vocal about the Rams direction because he was invested and yet never won a Super Bowl with the team.

More than that, I'm tired of looking back at that Super Bowl because I want a new Lombardi THIS year.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I hate to be a downer, but I'm probably not going to see this movie. I still have my Warner bobbleheads and Super Bowl 34 & 36 bobbleheads, "Warner Way" street sign, etc... But he made his choice to identify with the Cardinals after he retired, instead of embracing his highest achievement with the Rams and being a former Ram great. Yeah, I don't care about the circumstances as to why he left. Deacon Jones retired as a Washington Redskin but will always be remembered as a Ram great. Deacon was always vocal about the Rams direction because he was invested and yet never won a Super Bowl with the team.

More than that, I'm tired of looking back at that Super Bowl because I want a new Lombardi THIS year.
Didn't see anything in that trailer that showed him in a Gridbird uni. ;). I get where you're coming from but I really can't blame him. He wasn't really handled well by the Rams in his last year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't see anything in that trailer that showed him in a Gridbird uni. ;). I get where you're coming from but I really can't blame him. He wasn't really handled well by the Rams in his last year.
Except for Silent owner Stan Kroenke (at the time), literally everyone else is gone who treated him badly and he knows that. He's just a decent analyst for me now. The kid that thanked Vermeil for "Giving me that chance," is gone.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm worried that if i watch the trailer it will give away the whole story.

Not to spoil it for everyone, but, the Butler didn't do it! Wrong movie! I was thinking of the mystery movie "Why Didn't Malcolm Butler Play In The Superbowl"

This movie does look great! Thanks for posting. As Rams Fans, we were also the underdogs and this championship came out of nowhere.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I don't care about the circumstances as to why he left.
But that's central to the whole thing.

I know it's not possible to change your mind, but I'd like to try to nudge you in the direction of being a little more forgiving about Warner's POV on this. (And by the way, I know you're a lifelong diehard Rams fan, so you're certainly entitled to whatever Ram opinions ya got. I just think it would be more FUN for you if you were able to embrace the Warner legacy a little more! ) :)

Anyway, when Warner got pushed out of town, it sounds like several things were involved:

--Warner felt like his legacy of leading the GSOT for 3 years was disrespected
--The Rams org. was cavalier with his health re. concussions and hand injuries (this is disputed, Brenda and Martz have different takes, but I'm inclined to not believe Martz)
--Rams upper management was toxic back then (the political in-fighting was legendary)
--Most importantly, Warner felt his religious beliefs were not respected by some coaches, and this hurt him deeply.

Given all this, it sure seems at least UNDERSTANDABLE that Warner would hold a bit of a grudge. I mean, they don't respect your accomplishments, they dismiss your health concerns, they act in a toxic manner, and disrespect your religious beliefs? That's a lot to take!

Again, I know a lot of this is disputed, and quite complicated, and there's two sides to every story, etc. etc. etc. But in general-- my sense is that Warner has been a stand-up guy who is straightforward and a highly ethical person. Mike Martz? I'm sorry, he may be a strategic mastermind, but that dude is one messed up puppy. I remember reading about how Martz liked to berate his QB's and subject them to emotional abuse just to prove they could "take the pressure" of being in the NFL. I know NFL coaches have to be tough, but Martz sounded like he's got a really dark, messed up side to him. IMHO.

So yeah, to the extent that the rift between Martz and Warner led to Warner leaving town, I'm inclined to be more sympathetic to Warner than Martz.

And yes, Warner played like crap in in 2003 and and 2004, because his hand was messed up. And yeah, meanwhile Bulger played very well.

Last thing-- I'd concede that Warner has publicly stated he feels "more" of an affinity to the Cards than the Rams. But he has been careful to NOT disrespect the Rams, and repeatedly says he still "loves" the Rams. We'll see what Warner has to say during the press blitz for this new movie... I'll bet Warner will have plenty of positive things to say about the Rams.

For anyone who cares to read, here's an old article from (puke) Miklasz about how and why Warner left. It's actually decent and fairly evenhanded, without Miklasz's usual trolling hyperbole.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah so looking forward to this even if it is a bit sappy at times. Martz gets to be the hard ass villain of the movie lol.
Right? I hope these interesting & important roles like Martz & Vermeil aren't written as cookie cutter caricatures. I also hope that the football stuff is intelligent and it has a good amount of football stuff.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But that's central to the whole thing.

I know it's not possible to change your mind, but I'd like to try to nudge you in the direction of being a little more forgiving about Warner's POV on this. (And by the way, I know you're a lifelong diehard Rams fan, so you're certainly entitled to whatever Ram opinions ya got. I just think it would be more FUN for you if you were able to embrace the Warner legacy a little more! ) :)

Anyway, when Warner got pushed out of town, it sounds like several things were involved:

--Warner felt like his legacy of leading the GSOT for 3 years was disrespected
--The Rams org. was cavalier with his health re. concussions and hand injuries (this is disputed, Brenda and Martz have different takes, but I'm inclined to not believe Martz)
--Rams upper management was toxic back then (the political in-fighting was legendary)
--Most importantly, Warner felt his religious beliefs were not respected by some coaches, and this hurt him deeply.

Given all this, it sure seems at least UNDERSTANDABLE that Warner would hold a bit of a grudge. I mean, they don't respect your accomplishments, they dismiss your health concerns, they act in a toxic manner, and disrespect your religious beliefs? That's a lot to take!

Again, I know a lot of this is disputed, and quite complicated, and there's two sides to every story, etc. etc. etc. But in general-- my sense is that Warner has been a stand-up guy who is straightforward and a highly ethical person. Mike Martz? I'm sorry, he may be a strategic mastermind, but that dude is one messed up puppy. I remember reading about how Martz liked to berate his QB's and subject them to emotional abuse just to prove they could "take the pressure" of being in the NFL. I know NFL coaches have to be tough, but Martz sounded like he's got a really dark, messed up side to him. IMHO.

So yeah, to the extent that the rift between Martz and Warner led to Warner leaving town, I'm inclined to be more sympathetic to Warner than Martz.

And yes, Warner played like crap in in 2003 and and 2004, because his hand was messed up. And yeah, meanwhile Bulger played very well.

Last thing-- I'd concede that Warner has publicly stated he feels "more" of an affinity to the Cards than the Rams. But he has been careful to NOT disrespect the Rams, and repeatedly says he still "loves" the Rams. We'll see what Warner has to say during the press blitz for this new movie... I'll bet Warner will have plenty of positive things to say about the Rams.

For anyone who cares to read, here's an old article from (puke) Miklasz about how and why Warner left. It's actually decent and fairly evenhanded, without Miklasz's usual trolling hyperbole.

I always "bought into" Kurt's story and legacy, and then he rejected it and all of us who loved him. I said for a reason that literally no one is left in the Rams front office that was a party to what happened to him, and yet he never shows up with Orlando Pace, D'Marco Farr, Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, Roland Williams, Torry Holt on get togethers of old-time Rams, unless the NFL Network is paying him to do it. All these people who did him wrong are gone, but then so is Dick Vermeil, who never did him wrong. When he shows up as just an ex-Rams great because he wants to be apart of the Rams history and legacy, which he was a huge part of, then I'll feel differently.