NE Trades Chandler Jones to Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But Laurinaitis is for sure - one of our best MLB's in Ram's history
This ^ is debatable!! JL had a lot of Tackles but he was No Hack-saw Reynolds! Not even close! and there are other's. JL is some-were around 6th on the Rams list I would guess, with-out looking it up!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
This ^ is debatable!! JL had a lot of Tackles but he was No Hack-saw Reynolds! Not even close! and there are other's. JL is some-were around 6th on the Rams list I would guess, with-out looking it up!

Hacksaw is number 1
But besides Ekern I'm having trouble
With DE the Rams have legends and Long would be #9 at best behind Wistrom and Dryer

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Neither are legends.London Fletcher was a Ram great ,Jack Youngblood is a ram legend.
JL was a adequate Ram so was Chris Long.Aaron Donald has a chance to be a Ram legend.
and by the way JL isnt worthy of holding Londons jock strap

Please, Jack Youngblood played DE - Long has no place in the pantheon of defensive ends for the Rams with Deacon and Youngblood and even Little

I'm taking MLB
Okay - London Fletcher at #2
I throw out Carl Ekern and Hacksaw Reynolds - who else Tavian???

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With DE the Rams have legends and Long would be #9 at best behind Wistrom and Dryer

Never behind Wistrom and probably ahead of "Hollywood" Dryer. You do not know the Rams history. JL might not have a problem cracking the top 10 LBs because they are at least 3 levels BELOW Rams DL historically.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Never behind Wistrom and probably ahead of "Hollywood" Dryer. You do not know the Rams history. JL might not have a problem cracking the top 10 LBs because they are at least 3 levels BELOW Rams DL historically.

I'm interested to see how you all think JL sits in the Ram LB pantheon but I assure you how you rate him will be 100% based on how he performed on the field as oppose to Chris Long who is seemingly judged on how he performs on Twitter

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Packers Bringing In Former Rams TE Jared Cook For A Visit
2 mins ago Packers 0 Comments

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that the Packers are bringing in former Rams TE Jared Cook for a visit.

It’s news any time the Packers even take a look at free agency, given that they so rarely sign a free agent. However, Cooks fits an obvious need in their offense and since he was a roster cut, he wouldn’t factor into their 2017 compensatory picks.

Cook, 28, was a big-ticket free agent signing back in 2013. He was entering the fourth year of his five-year, $35.11 million contract that included $19 million guaranteed when he was released by the Rams along with B James Laurinaitis and DE Chris Long over a few month ago.

In 2015, Cook appeared in all 16 games for the Rams and recorded 39 receptions for 481 yards receiving and no touchdowns. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. receiver out of qualifying players.

We have him featured in our Best Available Free Agents list.
I'm interested to see how you all think JL sits in the Ram LB pantheon but I assure you how you rate him will be 100% based on how he performed on the field as oppose to Chris Long who is seemingly judged on how he performs on Twitter

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
You can rank JL where you want,but he was never more than average.Even if he came in at 4,5,6 where ever you want to put
him.that would just mean we havent had a lot of good linebackers.I mean your talking about him as if he was something special
and he just wasn't that.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

You are so wrong. Look at Long's pressures over the years, There is a reason the Ram's gave him a bigger contract than JL. Trying hard to see your perspective, but having a HARD time getting there.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Chandler Jones is alright. He got most of his sacks after NE was up a considerable amount vs trash teams. If the Patriots are willing to trade a player, it's usually for good reason.

They have to sign Butler, Hightower and Collins so Jones was odd man out. They have done this in the past with Seymour and he had plenty left in the tank

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You can rank JL where you want,but he was never more than average.Even if he came in at 4,5,6 where ever you want to put
him.that would just mean we havent had a lot of good linebackers.I mean your talking about him as if he was something special
and he just wasn't that.

However you want to frame it it doesn't change the equation

But JL is up here among the Rams best linebackers ever - whereas Chris Long doesn't enter the discussion at Defensive end

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is the same dude who showed up shirtless and supposedly fucked up as Chinese money on synthetic weed at the police station right before the playoff game they lost.

BAM

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Honestly, aside from avoiding a huge future contract for Jones, all I see for New England as a benefit is an additional second, which they can then package with their other one to move into the first. Not likely, based on their draft habits, but still a possibility. Cooper SUCKS and I guarantee you he probably won't make it out of camp.

Arizona, in the meantime, gets a slightly overrated pass rusher who will command big money next year, and they also gave up trash and a second rounder.

I'm not too worried, I see it as a lose lose for both teams tbh.

The only cool part about this trade is that it led to the signing of Long, which for me being a new Englander, I have a chance to grab a beer with the guy. I tend to enjoy the night life up by the stadium on weekends with my buddies, one who works for the Patsies, and enjoy the company of some of the guys. I STILL FREAKIN' HATE THE ORGANIZATION!! and it gets my buddies riled up, but we have fun and it'd be cool to meet Chris.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
However you want to frame it it doesn't change the equation

But JL is up here among the Rams best linebackers ever - whereas Chris Long doesn't enter the discussion at Defensive end

I never said Chris Long was one of the best defensive ends. I said he was adequate.
you said and i quote "Ram legend like JL". so how many pro bowls did this "legend"
of yours go to?So now you want to back track and say he is one of the best rams linebackers.
fine. doesn't make him any less average.they will not be hanging his jersey in the rafters because
that privilege is reserved for Ram greats.Im not saying this to disrespect either players.they BOTH
gave 110% to this team,but realistically neither are Ram legends.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Beautiful move by the Cards. They get rid of their bust pick with a return they can use. As if I needed another reason to hate Arians and that front office.

Yeah, I never understood the Cooper love that year. Sure he was athletic but he played way too soft. He lacked strength and toughness. I couldn't believe it when he went so high.

Honestly, aside from avoiding a huge future contract for Jones, all I see for New England as a benefit is an additional second, which they can then package with their other one to move into the first. Not likely, based on their draft habits, but still a possibility. Cooper SUCKS and I guarantee you he probably won't make it out of camp.

Arizona, in the meantime, gets a slightly overrated pass rusher who will command big money next year, and they also gave up trash and a second rounder.

I'm not too worried, I see it as a lose lose for both teams tbh.

The only cool part about this trade is that it led to the signing of Long, which for me being a new Englander, I have a chance to grab a beer with the guy. I tend to enjoy the night life up by the stadium on weekends with my buddies, one who works for the Patsies, and enjoy the company of some of the guys. I STILL FREAKIN' HATE THE ORGANIZATION!! and it gets my buddies riled up, but we have fun and it'd be cool to meet Chris.

Exactly, both players are disappointments for there teams. Jones was nothing special, but announcers act like any Patriot first rounder is great. I think they have an upgrade in Chris Long.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hacksaw is number 1
As far as Past Rams MLB's I would rank them:
1 * Les Richter
2 * Jack Reynolds
3 * Carl Ekern
4t * Don Paul
4t * Jim Youngblood
5t * London Fletcher
5t * James Laurinaitis

JMHO

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah, I never understood the Cooper love that year. Sure he was athletic but he played way too soft. He lacked strength and toughness. I couldn't believe it when he went so high.
He looked good before the broken leg. Word out here is he never really recovered mentally from that.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Hacksaw is number 1

I actually had Long at #9 when I did my top ten lists a couple months ago. But that was with Leaonard Little mistakenly listed as an OLB. I would probably now have Long at #10 in franchise history For what it's worth.

TexasRam

Legend
JL and great don't belong in the same sentence. If you've never made a pro bowl and you have been in the league this long then you are not great, and never will be.

JL will be looked back on as a solid but unspectacular MLB for the Rams.