NE Trades Chandler Jones to Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
NE gets Jonathan Cooper and this years 2nd.
Cardinals get C. Jones

Per Adam Scheiffer

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Oh man, we should have got Jones for Saffold.

Psycho_X

Legend
Something tells me New England has signed Chris Long after this.

Damn't the Cardinals get what their defense was lacking and New England gets some needed help on o-line and a second rounder. Good trade for both really.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Something tells me New England has signed Chris Long after this.

Damn't the Cardinals get what their defense was lacking and New England gets some needed help on o-line and a second rounder. Good trade for both really.

Beautiful move by the Cards. They get rid of their bust pick with a return they can use. As if I needed another reason to hate Arians and that front office.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Chandler Jones is alright. He got most of his sacks after NE was up a considerable amount vs trash teams. If the Patriots are willing to trade a player, it's usually for good reason.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Forgive my insensitivity
But why must we hear of these lame moves from NE having anything to do with Chris Long Gone?
He's Long Gone and supposedly "taking his time" picking another team. Dude your twitter account doesn't account for your complete lack of football production nor does it your worthless and patronizing tweets
Just sick of hearing about this guy - he's not a Ram legend like JL

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6b_lSQst0

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Chandler Jones is alright. He got most of his sacks after NE was up a considerable amount vs trash teams. If the Patriots are willing to trade a player, it's usually for good reason.

He is in the last year of his contract and hes gonna make insane money next year so that could be the reason.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
he's not a Ram legend like JL
JL a ram legend ?now that is funny.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The reason is twofold. First they rarely pay DE big money and Jones will command Big Money after this season when he is a FA and DE/OLB is one of their strengths. Second, J Cooper could help (especially with the return of their OL coach) alleviate their woeful ability to protect Brady who they just signed to a 2 year extension.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well the Cards don't know how to draft a pass rusher so this makes sense for them. Nice addition.
As for Cooper, they also don't know what they're doing drafting in the first rd either. Besides Fitzgerald and Peterson their 1st rd picks have been shady at best for the last 12-15 yrs. Keim has done a good job of drafting system guys and finding quality(but temporary) FA talent off the scrap heap...but much like the Rams at QB/WR, they just can't get their hands on a premium pass rusher. That's been a problem.

The only problem with being in WIN NOW mode is if you don't win now you've likely set your team back in the future. I hope AZ continues to trade draft picks for veteran players.

I wouldn't make deals with New England. They seem to be ahead of the curve when it comes to player personnel.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Never trust that pos cheating franchise... Hopefully the dead birds got robbed.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I agree, they were not going to be put in a "market value" situation with Jones, not w/ the money pass rushers are/will get. But this gives them a chance to not option Cooper @ $11.2M. My guess is they will not option him and if he does well they will try to sign him to a team friendly deal. The question is will he after a year, will he take a Home town discount (from NE).

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Agree with the he will cost a ship load of money next year. Zona has to sign him or they lose the trade.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
So you think Chris Long is in the pantheon of Ram greats? He's not. But Laurinaitis is for sure - one of our best MLB's in Ram's history

Give me some names @tavian
Neither are legends.London Fletcher was a Ram great ,Jack Youngblood is a ram legend.
JL was a adequate Ram so was Chris Long.Aaron Donald has a chance to be a Ram legend.
and by the way JL isnt worthy of holding Londons jock strap

Last edited: