National Anthem - Monday Night Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Not a big fan of the violin version of the national anthem and the flag being cut up is disrespectful and if it did touch the ground not very respectful of our national flag either
I'm going to call BS on the American flag in the shape of America being disrespectful.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to call BS on the American flag in the shape of America being disrespectful.
Disrespectful or not, it does provide very different symbolism.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I didn't think I'd like it, but being there - it was very cool. It was different and everyone around me really enjoyed it. As far as the flag goes - I have no problem with it. It's just another symbol of patriotism, which I'm always cool with.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So you think its okay to cut up the American flag?
Yeah, it's a slight on the U.S. - most definitely. I may have a lotta problems with corruption in this country, but I get super P.O.'d when I witness this kind of symbolism, as if we're too dumb to figure it out.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I understand the people who were offended by the American flag being "cut up."

It is the shape of the country, not a random snip here and snip there.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah, it's a slight on the U.S. - most definitely. I may have a lotta problems with corruption in this country, but I get super P.O.'d when I witness this kind of symbolism, as if we're too dumb to figure it out.
Or maybe we're just too smart for our own good. As in overanalyzing an innocent attempt at originality as some sort of political agenda conspiracy.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It wasn't a "cut up flag"...

It was 'Merica, coated in Old Glory!

I thought it was awesome from where I was sitting.

jjab360

Legend
It wasn't a "cut up flag"...

It was 'Merica, coated in Old Glory!

I thought it was awesome from where I was sitting.
Nah bro, it's clearly Nazi propaganda.

I mean, what could possibly be more disrespectful to America than an American shaped American flag??

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Nah bro, it's clearly Nazi propaganda.

I mean, what could possibly be more disrespectful to America than an American shaped American flag??
It's probably the single most important symbol in the eyes of Americans. Altering it alters the way we view ourselves. Bernays wasn't a Nazi, he was an American businessman. But yeah, it was nutin, move along, go back to work, drink beer, eat pizza and watch sports.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I prefer to just smack the 20 something punks that don't take off there hat and stop talking during the Anthem. Pissed me off. Entitled a holes. I've definitely got a few kids attention at some baseball games.

At least with the flag there was an attempt to be patriotic.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple of things.

1. I didn't really like that version of your anthem but I'm sure the video doesn't do it justice, I'd imagine it sounded much better if you were there in person. You do have a pretty good stirring national anthem though, I must admit.

2. Isn't it more an outline of your country with the flag "super imposed" on it, rather than just a cut up flag?

Oh and on that vid, the bottom tier just seems all red to me. I hate to see that, especially when it's a home game.