My Wish for the Upcoming Season.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
After reading @Ramrocket 's thread.... I just want us to play outside of our division like we play in our division.. It's crazy how we can toughen up against very good teams in our division (maybe not so much the Whiners this year as in the past), yet we let cupcakes from weaker divisions beat us. If we played all season like we do teams in our division, can anyone say 10-6? :cool:

It's perplexing and it makes me wonder how Fisher gets these guys up for division games, yet can't for the cupcakes (teams we should beat) outside of it. Who knows.. We may not play great in the division this year, but it just makes me sick to see the level of play vs division (good teams) and then see us play down to the others. . Thoughts and comments (civil) appreciated.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I want to see them establish themselves as a good team, that can beat the non-good teams. No more of that playing flat in the games they know they need to win.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Playing well outside the division will be the difference more than likely this season. Lack of stupid drive killing/sustaining penalties would be refreshing also. If I see another Tavon TD on a punt return get called back...I think my head will splode. :banghead:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How do you sweep the Seahawks and get crushed by the Bears?

Exactly... There's more too, but I have to look then up with my feeble old memory. Plus, I'm dehydrating at the moment. Washington comes to mind for one game after we beat Denver??? I could be wrong and would have to go back and reference. Just seems like it's been a trend under Fisher is all I'm saying.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Exactly... There's more too, but I have to look then up with my feeble old memory. Plus, I'm dehydrating at the moment. Washington comes to mind for one game after we beat Denver??? I could be wrong and would have to go back and reference. Just seems like it's been a trend under Fisher is all I'm saying.

Oh, it's a trend. And one that needs to end. Is it not enough attention or not getting the team ready as you mentioned? Whatever it is, not this season. The big wins are great but the bad beats are far harder to take.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If I see another Tavon TD on a punt return get called back...I think my head will splode.

I would love to know how many total TDs he's lost to penalties. If you said 12, I wouldn't be shocked. And not just TDs, big plays too. And idiotic penalties to boot. Last season that idiot Cook should have killed one with a block to the back at the goal line for no reason that didn't get called.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
We could be 11-5 if we play every game like it is Seahawks-Cards.....because of our O line and pass rush....but only schottenheimer teams and a few others play that hard every game.

If you watch Fishers 'good' Titan teams the O line mashed, Eddie George got 3.3 yards per carry one year, and they made the playoffs. But, EVERYTHING has to go well....no turnovers, no big TD passes etc.

With Coty Sens at CB we have no chance....hope Gaines comes back healthy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In the end just win more games then you lose, that's the ticket to ride. Now I would like to win at the very minimum half of the division games (need two against the 49ers) but, it's time to win and it's time to go to post season anything else IMHO under this regime is a D and I refuse to utilize the term "Epic Fail." because it is now overused in society.

fearsomefour

Legend
SF twice, Buffalo, Miami, Detriot, NYG, NYJ, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta. These are all games the Rams can win. I am not saying they will win all of these but the team can clearly compete with all of these teams.
Marking NE and Carolina as losses. Seattle an Arizona are always tough. If the Rams can go 4-2 in division those other 10 games....man, just can't do the normal good one week bad the next. With an improvement in offense and this schedule I think 10-6 is very doable for this team.
It has to start week1. A week 1 win vs a division rival on the road would be big.
Many use write the Whiners off as a trash can fire. It will not be that easy. The Whiners D should be good and a Chip O will present some issues.
Week 1 tackling is the big thing. Chips O, in a lot of ways, is based on making safe throws and breaking tackles vs a tired D.
That and running the ball.
Rams have to rotate in their D depth and tackle to win be SF.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I would love to know how many total TDs he's lost to penalties. If you said 12, I wouldn't be shocked. And not just TDs, big plays too. And idiotic penalties to boot. Last season that idiot Cook should have killed one with a block to the back at the goal line for no reason that didn't get called.
2013: 84 yard punt return touchdown, 34 yard punt return, 67 yard pass touchdown
2014: 70 yard punt return
2015: 25 yard rush touchdown, 85 yard punt return touchdown, 75 yard punt return.

That's 4 touchdowns and a lot of yards. I'm probably missing some too. The guy is an elite returner. Right up there with Devin Hester, Dieon Sanders, and all those other guys.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
How do you sweep the Seahawks and get crushed by the Bears?

Missing tackles on defense early.

And who missed those tackles (primarily responsible?)

Janoris Jenkins and Akem Ayers. Both not on the team.

Interesting.

tumblr_lnvj3ahoWG1qirf7d.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
Don't remind me. I watched that beat down live. Thanks for setting me back in therapy.

I was downtown in my Gurley jersey, could get tickets for a song, and still didn't go. I don't know why, just had a bad feeling. Watched it on a big screen in ballpark village. God that was painful.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Aside from that, I'd also like to see Fisher avoiding his shitty habit of O-line shuffling and less injuries, especially from key players.

RamzFanz

Damnit
2013: 84 yard punt return touchdown, 34 yard punt return, 67 yard pass touchdown
2014: 70 yard punt return
2015: 25 yard rush touchdown, 85 yard punt return touchdown, 75 yard punt return.

That's 4 touchdowns and a lot of yards. I'm probably missing some too. The guy is an elite returner. Right up there with Devin Hester, Dieon Sanders, and all those other guys.

He doesn't get the returner respect he deserves, even by a lot of Rams fans. He's done way way more than his stats would suggest.

RamzFanz

Damnit
As long as we are wishing, I wish Fisher would stop going to the locker room at the half with 30 seconds and 3 time outs. Play to win goddamn it.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Couldn't agree more Dag. It is the secret to the Rams moving on from the '7-9' BS.