My Strategy to keep the dynasty alive

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most depressing time of the year. Playoffs still going on and we got beaten badly by a team in the Wild Card round. I understand this "dynasty" is a hypothetical, but it also seems to be a cruel discussion in a way. We have to win a Championship to start a dynasty, and right now that seems very far away....
All we need is an Inappropriate Post, and I have the total collection!:rockon:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the NE way is the exact reason Bill would re up AD if he was there .... they get production out of other peoples cast off for less money than anyone

Welker
Edelman
Hogan
Danny AM

and iim sure with two or three Superbowl rings the price for signing would come down quite a bit
i mean some guys have 2-3 superbowl rings made enough money to retire at 30-32 .. not a bad life

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep. Offense wins divisional titles but defense wins championships.
We now have a legit QB in a legit offensive system but the defense needs to be pushed into that elite status.
Agree here but would (of course add) that a solid good OL works very well in with elite D's. Much of the best young athletes tend to end up on the defensive side. Drafting defense normally yields to fielding these younger prospects into starting positions faster than on the offense. When your dealing with the value packaged rookie 4 yr contracts you get quicker positive dividends infused into your team.

I have no issues with giving the well seasoned DC Wade a big infusion of drafted defensive prospects (CB/ OLB/ NT/ ILB) here before he starts thinking retirement in order to cease this moment in time. Use the FA'cy for OL'ers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I love that I have only two comments about the post: one different opinion and one thread winner, lol.
You're polarizing....:neener:
I have no issues with giving the well seasoned DC Wade a big infusion of drafted defensive prospects (CB/ OLB/ NT/ ILB) here before he starts thinking retirement in order to cease this moment in time. Use the FA'cy for OL'ers.
Sound plan...but very hard to execute...OL'ers...worth anything...cost a boatload in FA'cy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You're polarizing....:neener:
Sound plan...but very hard to execute...OL'ers...worth anything...cost a boatload in FA'cy.
That why you don't utilized the majority of your available cap funds on defensive players you get the major infusion of defensive player in the draft! You sure can NOT get OL'ers ready to start or play a major part in your OL in the draft on a regular basis.Not hard to execute you just Resist your desires to buy overpriced in value defensive players..

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not hard to execute you just Resist your desires to buy overpriced in value defensive players..
Replace defensive players in draft....replace offensive players in FA'cy....hmmm

hmmmm...let me think about that. I'm kinda at the BPA thing with FA's too

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No? They've had great, superstar players - Lawyer Milloy was a superstar, let go. Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones are arguably two of the top 6 or 7 OLBs in the game, both traded away because the Pats wouldn't pay them.

Patriots defense has been awful this year. Those two players would've helped. They win because they have Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. Also they signed Brandon Cooks and that CB...something Gilmore to big deals. So this notion they don't want to pay people has just been voided out.

Do you pay him?
Is he worth it?
Is one Aaron Donald more useful to your team - hell, to your defense - than, say, a Lamarcus Joyner, an EJ Gaines and a Dontari Poe?

Suh and Miller are tremendous talents, and paid accordingly, but their teams have been mediocre at best throughout their careers, because at some point you'll have one of the highest-paid players in the NFL and one of those modern QB contracts.

1. Yes, keep the best players.

2. Yes, keep the best players.

3. Oh hell yes.

4. You can't use Ndamukong Suh and Von Miller and compare their contracts to team success.. The former is part of the Dolphins...a team that hasn't won since??? Denver is one of the most successful teams in history, I think one of, if not the, most winning team currently. There's so many other factors.

Maybe this color is better.

Ewww shitchicken puke green???

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Patriots defense has been awful this year. Those two players would've helped. They win because they have Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. Also they signed Brandon Cooks and that CB...something Gilmore to big deals. So this notion they don't want to pay people has just been voided out.
Gilmore was a huge shock because, as I noted earlier in this thread, it was a very un-Belichickian signing. Because the Patriots rarely pay people.

Cooks wasn't signed - he was traded for and is still on his rookie contract.

Also, the Patriots defense is 5th-best in the NFL in points allowed, and best since week 5, so I'm not sure where you get that it's been awful this year.

If you look at OverTheCap and sort all players by avg $$/year, the Patriots' first player is Brady, #15, then you get Gilmore at #59, Solder at #111 and McCourty at #124. They don't pay guys bank-breaking contracts. They just don't.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
1. Yes, keep the best players.

2. Yes, keep the best players.

3. Oh hell yes.

4. You can't use Ndamukong Suh and Von Miller and compare their contracts to team success.. The former is part of the Dolphins...a team that hasn't won since??? Denver is one of the most successful teams in history, I think one of, if not the, most winning team currently. There's so many other factors.
How has Denver been since signing Miller to that record-breaking contract before the 2016 season?
And why can't I use Suh? They were a Wild Card team last year, and in 2008. They were also 8-8 each of the two years before signing Suh. You don't think that's a valid comparison to the Rams?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Gilmore was a huge shock because, as I noted earlier in this thread, it was a very un-Belichickian signing. Because the Patriots rarely pay people.

Cooks wasn't signed - he was traded for and is still on his rookie contract.

Also, the Patriots defense is 5th-best in the NFL in points allowed, and best since week 5, so I'm not sure where you get that it's been awful this year.

If you look at OverTheCap and sort all players by avg $$/year, the Patriots' first player is Brady, #15, then you get Gilmore at #59, Solder at #111 and McCourty at #124. They don't pay guys bank-breaking contracts. They just don't.

You are right about Brandon Cooks...we'll see what they pay him.

Patriots D is awful in yardage, yeah they got away with it with the bend don't break defense, and it won't be shocking if they comes to bite them in the playoffs against a high scoring team like the Steelers.

How has Denver been since signing Miller to that record-breaking contract before the 2016 season?
And why can't I use Suh? They were a Wild Card team last year, and in 2008. They were also 8-8 each of the two years before signing Suh. You don't think that's a valid comparison to the Rams?

Denver magically didn't go bad because they signed Von Miller to a contract. They did because their QB situation got fucked up, while your Patriots have had consistency at that position. It had nothing to do with contract. If that were the case they would have no business being Super Bowl champs after signing Peyton Manning.

Dolphins, seriously??? 2 playoff seasons in 10 years and a .500 team? That counts? Not in my book.

Ndamukong Suh's attitude aside, the Dolphins have problems that stem beyond just that contract. Draft picks not panning out, QB inconsistencies, constant coaching turnover, etc.

You sign and keep your best players, and Aaron Donald is the best player on the team...maybe the league.