My Preseason Guess of Final 53

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
River's rather unconventional 53 :

Offense (25) :

QB (2)
Stafford
Bennett

RB (3)
Akers
K. Williams
Rivers

WR (6)
Kupp
Van Jefferson
Tutu
Nacua
T. Johnson
D. Robinson

TE (4)
Higbee
Hopkins
D. Allen
hybrid WR, FB, TE - Skowronek

OL (10)
Jackson
Avila
B. Allen
Anchrum
Havenstein
McClendon
Shelton
Noteboom
Z. Thomas
Arcuri

Defense (25) :

DL (6) :
Donald
B. Brown
K. Turner
Murchison
Copeland
J. Williams

OLB (5)
B. Young
Hardy
K. Thomas
VanValkenburg
Hoecht

ILB (3)
E. Jones
D. Square
Hummell

CB (6)
Durant
Tomlinson
Witherspoon
Rochell
J. Jones
Kendrick

S (5)
Fuller
J. Johnson
Lake
Yeast
Taylor

Special Teams (3) :

K - T. Brown
P - E. Evans
LS - Ward

Practice Squad :

QB - Rypien
RB - Z. Evans
RB - Freeman
WR - X. Smith
WR - Trammell
TE - ?
OL - M. McAllister
OL - G. Miller
OL - Maginn
OLB - Hampton
DL - D. Johnson
DL - E. Brown
ILB - Rozeboom
ILB - Woodbey
ILB - Anyalebechi
CB - Jolly
S - Ingle
S - Q. Johnson or R. Torrence

IR :

OT/OG - L. Bruss
OLB - O. Mathis
TE - H. Long

I like this.

McVay also said a few days ago that he was gonna keep “5 or 6” WRs, so I hope that means Skow is in that TE group or one of them isn’t making it cuz I think Skow has made the team

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think Rivers will make the roster and will be their punt returner.
I'm thinking he should make the roster. And be a kick returner too. I like the way he runs with toughness. And its not all against 3rd and 4th stringers. There are a number of starters at the beginning of the games he goes up against. From what I see, I think I would at least make him the RB3.

dang

Legend
I would keep McAllester on the roster as the 10th Olman. I am the most concerned about the LBer position, if they lose Jones in the middle and overall, the OLBers seem 2nd rate. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that that found something in Byron Young and Kier Thomas
Between Thomas looking decent and Young with potential - the Rams have ONE Edge covered. Need another vet/cut just to compete this year. Edge#1 (not even a top Draft pick works next year) will be a priority via trade or FA for next year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like this.

McVay also said a few days ago that he was gonna keep “5 or 6” WRs, so I hope that means Skow is in that TE group or one of them isn’t making it cuz I think Skow has made the team
He said 5 or 6 for the 48 active list.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay has never even hinted at playing Skow at TE, and maybe the reason for that is that he never played TE in college or in high school. So I highly doubt he’ll start playing there in the NFL.
True. But he has used him as a lead blocker and in some of the classic TE responsibilities at times out on the field. And when they stack this roster I guarantee they look at it by virtue of roles in situations, so from that perspective he is a potential resource for that room.

Maybe they can make up a BS moniker for what he does, that mix of backfield, WR, and TE responsibilities where he has for the most part played well for us. I think he's going to be a very hard player to cut. He brings a lot of value to this team.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True. But he has used him as a lead blocker and in some of the classic TE responsibilities at times out on the field. And when they stack this roster I guarantee they look at it by virtue of roles in situations, so from that perspective he is a potential resource for that room.

Maybe they can make up a BS moniker for what he does, that mix of backfield, WR, and TE responsibilities where he has for the most part played well for us. I think he's going to be a very hard player to cut. He brings a lot of value to this team.
BL/TE/WR

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He said 5 or 6 for the 48 active list.
I watched it and I’m not so sure. He said he focused more on the game day 48 than the 53 with respect to roster construction, but I dunno if that the WR comment was about the 48 or 53.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IR :

OT/OG - L. Bruss
OLB - O. Mathis
TE - H. Long

If I'm not mistaken these guys would have to be on the original 53-man roster after the cutdown date and THEN placed on IR the following day, at the earliest, to be eligible to play later this year. In other words, an IR designation before that would mean they would be done for the year and/or later released via an injury settlement. At least that's how I think it goes.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
What about the waiver wire? It's hard to believe that their won't be talent there, post league wide cuts, who could make this 53...

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Man, Rochel looked terrible.

At first I was surprised to see him on the field because that meant he was in trouble. Then I saw him play. He IS in trouble.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The difference between the initial 53 and first game 53 will be the greatest we’ve seen under McVay