My issue with no Trade at deadline it's psychological

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Doesn't staying with the players we already have actually signal to the team that McVay and Snead DO think they can succeed this year?
I don’t think so.

They know their team was making calls.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make.
As frustrating as it is not to improve, the biggest need for Rams to have a chance in 2022 is to get the Oline to work.
A Von Miller type rental this year makes little sense.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I don’t think so.

They know their team was making calls.
But they also know that the team wasn’t desperate enough to pay what was being asked, and didn’t trade any players.

In the end, it cuts both ways and I don’t think any of this matters to the players once the whistle blows.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Doesn't staying with the players we already have actually signal to the team that McVay and Snead DO think they can succeed this year?
Agreed, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Eric Fisher hasn’t been linked?

No amount of signalling will help Evans become a better player. He truly sucks

Perhaps Akers needed some time to reflect? It seems to me that his best chance to resuscitate his career in a good, possibly contending, team is here - right in front of him. Let’s hope he hits Evans in the arse with the door as they pass each other going in opposite directions :)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No amount of signaling will help Evans become a better player. He truly sucks
I truly wish something could be done here, they've done it before, but I guess the Rams truly have nobody else. Cannot understand Evans playing for the life of me. You could sign someone else off their practice squad and play him and I believe, he would be better then Evans too.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I truly wish something could be done here, they've done it before, but I guess the Rams truly have nobody else. Cannot understand Evans playing for the life of me. You could sign someone else off their practice squad and play him and I believe, he would be better then Evans too.
I couldn’t agree more with this idea. Hell, let’s sign more than one as there is no more important hole to fill than the wide open space that Evans leaves on nearly every play :-(

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
But they also know that the team wasn’t desperate enough to pay what was being asked, and didn’t trade any players.

In the end, it cuts both ways and I don’t think any of this matters to the players once the whistle blows.
They see the results on the field, they know their performance.

The confidence issue is about the players who aren't good enough.. the RBs.. current Guards... and pass rushers. Those guys know they're not good enough and the team would replace them if feasible.

The OTHER players... know that those guys aren't good enough and that the team wasn't able to upgrade.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Eric Fisher hasn’t been linked?
Probably because he's not in football shape and/or doesnt have interest in returning for a vet min salary

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Trust in McSnead
Big picture? Absolutely.
This year's picture.. clearly made some major roster mistakes.
Losing Von and pivoting to a big deal for Wagner was a huge misallocation of resources, imo. There were multiple low-priced vets who could've been added at that point who could've made a greater impact, imo.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Then they are arrogant. Basically all of us see this team stinks this year. Not hard.
What players would you have liked the Rams acquire; and what would you have offered?

Play GM. It’s common on this Forum.

Yesterday, I posted that if the reports were accurate about the Rams’ offers for McCaffrey and Burns, that would reflect a genuine and legitimate effort to make significant upgrades.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What players would you have liked the Rams acquire; and what would you have offered?

Play GM. It’s common on this Forum.

Yesterday, I posted that if the reports were accurate about the Rams’ offers for McCaffrey and Burns, that would reflect a genuine and legitimate effort to make significant upgrades.

I don't think they're arrogant.. they tried.. they got beat out by bigger offers.

At some point.. they looked at it and said... this season may not be it.. the injury numbers, etc, are too much to overcome.
This needs to be a year where you force-feed some young players... We need to start seeing more Burgess.. hopefully Lake.. Yeast... Rochell and Durant.. Maybe some Daniel Hardy.

Hopefully they can find some RB to contribute to steady the run game and get healthy on the line.

Still a chance to make the playoffs.. but not a great one, imo.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
The price of poker just went up this year. Von Miller cost a 2nd and 3rd last year and this year Chubb who plays the same position cost the Dolphins a #1 pick for potentially a 8 game rental. Chubb is younger than Miller was but has an injury history and wasn’t as productive as Miller. Chubb isn’t going to be giving any discounts to Miami at contract time either. Rams offered a lot for CMC but not as much as the Niners and he fits the Niners offense better. There is also CMC’s salary going forward. The 2 first round picks supposedly offered for Burns showed a willingness to do whatever it took to fix their pass rush but Carolina wasn’t biting which could prove to be a pretty good thing in the long term for the Rams. Those two picks will be valuable when they are looking for a heir apparent for Stafford and AD as both will be moving on within the next 2-4 years. Rams aren’t rebuilding yet they are retooling.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed, but Bobby Evans is killing me.

No buts allowed! Trust in McSnead, we learned this last year and there’s no questioning allowed. These guys have a plan and a process that only they are privy to and we fanatics aren’t meant to follow

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
They see the results on the field, they know their performance.

The confidence issue is about the players who aren't good enough.. the RBs.. current Guards... and pass rushers. Those guys know they're not good enough and the team would replace them if feasible.

The OTHER players... know that those guys aren't good enough and that the team wasn't able to upgrade.
You’re apparent desire to argue this and prove you’re right notwithstanding, we’re all just postulating here. I’ve given my theory, you’ve given your theory.
No need to keep going back and forth.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You’re apparent desire to argue this and prove you’re right notwithstanding, we’re all just postulating here. I’ve given my theory, you’ve given your theory.
No need to keep going back and forth.
Please, please... stop telling people what/how they need to post. Okay? I didn't attack or insult you.

Goddamn.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Please, please... stop telling people what/how they need to post. Okay? I didn't attack or insult you.

Goddamn.
Attack or insult? No.

Needlessly and repeatedly try to one up others on matters that are largely opinion based and inherently not resolvable? Yep.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Attack or insult? No.

Needlessly and repeatedly try to one up others on matters that are largely opinion based and inherently not resolvable? Yep.
Welp.. there you go.

Ignore time.

Take care.