My goodness Gracious how is Richard Sherman NFC Defensive Player of the week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Week 13 stats:

Richard Sherman (19-3 win vs 49ers)
2 tackles
2 INT's, 6 yards
2 passes defended.

Trumaine Johnson (52-0 win vs Raiders)
6 tackles
2 INT's, 65 yards, 1 TD
2 passes defended

...and Sherman wins the award? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
Stats aren't everything, it's pretty clear that Sherman had a much bigger impact than TruJo who got both his Ints when the game was already out of hand iirc. You also have to look at the opponents, it's not even close who had the tougher matchup..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Throwing 2 INTs against an elite D, you'd be dropped for that if you were a Ram.

Unfortunately the rams did it one week too late. They'd be sitting at 6 and 6 if they pulled the trigger a week earlier.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Stats aren't everything, it's pretty clear that Sherman had a much bigger impact than TruJo who got both his Ints when the game was already out of hand iirc. You also have to look at the opponents, it's not even close who had the tougher matchup..

Hey. Put your Rams blinders back on, right now!!;)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Sherman was like a blanket shutting down SF as much as it pains me to say he did have a great game, taking away 1 receiver on every play. you don't get stats when the gut the QB wants to throw to has no chance for a catch. Not that he was the only choice but it wasn't an unfair pick.