My goodness Gracious how is Richard Sherman NFC Defensive Player of the week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...man-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-week-2/

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman got to enjoy some turkey on the field at Levi’s Stadium after the Seahawks polished off the 49ers like freshly baked pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving night, but that wasn’t the only prize he received for his good play in the 19-3 Seattle win.

Sherman has also been named the NFC defensive player of the week. Sherman intercepted 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick twice during the game, saying afterward that he was “the open man” in reference to Kaepernick’s vow not to avoid throwing to Sherman’s side of the field if someone was open.

It’s the second straight week that the Seahawks have beaten a division rival 19-3 and the second straight week that the NFL has named a member of their secondary as the defensive player of the week, two signs that things could be falling into place for the Seahawks after the first 10 weeks of the season saw them stumble more often than they did all of last season.

More of the same against the Eagles in Philly this week will move the Seahawks to 9-4 and lend more support to the notion that everything is coming together just in time for the postseason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My goodness gracious, Trumaine Johnson had a better game than Sherman. Last I checked the 49ers scored some points that game. Johnson had more tackles and more touchdowns.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He got the most votes in that totally scientific vote?
I figured that. I guess since Johnson let other guys on the team get turnovers, he didn't particularly outshine anyone.

A55VA6

Legend
Week 13 stats:

Richard Sherman (19-3 win vs 49ers)
2 tackles
2 INT's, 6 yards
2 passes defended.

Trumaine Johnson (52-0 win vs Raiders)
6 tackles
2 INT's, 65 yards, 1 TD
2 passes defended

...and Sherman wins the award? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Week 13 stats:

Richard Sherman (19-3 win vs 49ers)
2 tackles
2 INT's, 6 yards
2 passes defended.

Trumaine Johnson (52-0 win vs Raiders)
6 tackles
2 INT's, 65 yards, 1 TD
2 passes defended

...and Sherman wins the award? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
He did it against the 49ers and Tru did it against the Raiders. Not fair, but that's the draw.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll Take Chris Long's Sack for a loss, and Fumble recovery, over Sherman's 2 INT's!! Not to mention what Tru Johnson did!!! Fuck the SeaChickens We'll take care of them come week 17!!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'll Take Chris Long's Sack for a loss, and Fumble recovery, over Sherman's 2 INT's!! freak the SeaChickens We'll take care of them come week 17!!
Or the Mighty One's 3 sacks, 2 FF and 5 tackles!

V3

Hall of Fame
I'll Take Chris Long's Sack for a loss, and Fumble recovery, over Sherman's 2 INT's!! Not to mention what Tru Johnson did!!! freak the SeaChickens We'll take care of them come week 17!!
I'll take Joyner on the DL over Sherman's 2 INTs. I hate that dude.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
another fucking popularity contest. put me out there coach and I could make those catches all he had to do was stand still. congrats on winning prom king you douche.

iced

He did it against the 49ers and Tru did it against the Raiders. Not fair, but that's the draw.

media loves scrambling quarterbacks that can't throw...vicks another example

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I could have intercepted those passes by Kaepernick. I don't know if he was even looking where he was passing. I guess that's what happens when you put pressure on a guy who is already a poor decision-maker as it is.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's because it's Dick Sherman. He's a pretty good corner I guess. But not the star he's made out to be. He's basically Terrell Owens of this generation.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
The Seahawks made Kaepernick their bitch again on national TV. That's how.

yea.. honestly, as much as I hate the Seahawks, I enjoy watching them rape the 9'ers just because of Kaep and Harblow. Seattle is so in their head it's hilarious

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
yea.. honestly, as much as I hate the Seahawks, I enjoy watching them rape the 9'ers just because of Kaep and Harblow. Seattle is so in their head it's hilarious

Gonzo's passing line against the Seahawks:

5 games, 51.6 Comp%, 667 PassYD, 2 TDs, 7 INTs, 49.5 Passer Rating

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'd like to say it has to do with the quality of opposition but of course the week the Rams crushed the Broncos, they instead gave the award to a 49er playing against a bad team. Whiner love is usually the common denominator to NFL idiocy.