My Boy Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I rewatched the game and I'm even more impressed with Mannion, he got hit he faced pressure but he didn't get rattled. A lot of people have issue with his lack of foot speed but one thing he could always do is move around in the pocket and that was evident. He went 90 yards in 4 plays. Earlier in the game he was overthrowing Reynolds but he kept taking those shots I haven't seen that many deep passes in a game in a long time and then finally they connected, the ball just dropped out the sky right into Reynolds arm. Mannion is improving every year some people even said he wasn't a NFL qb but all he is doing is taking care of the ball and scoring touchdowns

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I only have two problems with his film from yesterday.
-he puts his receivers on death row with his passes
-he locks onto one read and throws to that player, even if they're covered well

Aside from that. I was presently surprised with him for sure.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He'll be a serviceable backup, perhaps he can become trade bait in the future for a QB desperate team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'll be a good backup QB for a long time. He's what we've seen for decades in guys like Shaun Hill, Matt Moore, Case Keenum, Kellen Clemens etc etc etc.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only have two problems with his film from yesterday.
-he puts his receivers on death row with his passes
-he locks onto one read and throws to that player, even if they're covered well

Aside from that. I was presently surprised with him for sure.

To me when we're talking about receivers those throws where the only place he could put them. That one throw to cooper was high but it was a safe throw he didn't even get hit viscous the ball was in both his hands he dropped it before he even got hit. The throw to Reynolds was good the defender has to let him come down that's why it was a penalty on the play. As far as locking on to a receiver I don't see it as that he practices with certain receivers so he knows their abilities well, but he also spreads the ball out Cooper and Reynolds got a lot of looks, on the touchdown pass to Reynolds Mannion looked the safety off and then throw to Reynolds. To me I think that's getting confused with him recognizing the defense and who his hot read should be

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He'll be a good backup QB for a long time. He's what we've seen for decades in guys like Shaun Hill, Matt Moore, Case Keenum, Kellen Clemens etc etc etc.
He definitely has better tools then them he has arm strength and accuracy and he has the mental ability to play in this game. I see a starter. I see a guy that gets more comfortable the longer he plays I see better accuracy as the game goes on I see him not getting rattle by down and distance how many of his passes traveled for over 20 yards. I see a qb who's confidence is sky high right now

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only 2 td drives in 3 games against 3rd stringers.
The td to Reynolds was a thing of beauty no doubt. But man he got away with some poor throws.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a future Cleveland Brown for sure!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He definitely has better tools then them he has arm strength and accuracy and he has the mental ability to play in this game. I see a starter. I see a guy that gets more comfortable the longer he plays I see better accuracy as the game goes on I see him not getting rattle by down and distance how many of his passes traveled for over 20 yards. I see a qb who's confidence is sky high right now
You see a starter and everybody on this board has known that for a long time. Rose colored glasses do that. There's nothing wrong though with being a good career backup.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You see a starter and everybody on this board has known that for a long time. Rose colored glasses do that. There's nothing wrong though with being a good career backup.
There is damn good money in holding a clip board!

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only 2 td drives in 3 games against 3rd stringers.
The td to Reynolds was a thing of beauty no doubt. But man he got away with some poor throws.
Lol here comes the third stringer argument when in fact Mannion played against a lot of their starters after Goff got pulled. He made way more good throws then bad throws at least his bad throws don't turn out to be interceptions and most of the time they are still caught

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their isn't, but he hasn't done anything to show me that he can only be a backup

UtahRam

Rookie
He'll probably play this year if the O-Line doesn't tighten up. When is the last time the RAMS had a QB start and play all 16 games in a season?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Or jet, or jaguar I'm all for trading him and getting a good pick

I would like to see Mannion with Robinson, Hurns, Lee and Westbrook. That would be unreal. You'd def find out if he's starter material with those guys.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lol here comes the third stringer argument when in fact Mannion played against a lot of their starters after Goff got pulled. He made way more good throws then bad throws at least his bad throws don't turn out to be interceptions and most of the time they are still caught

The second half Chargers weren't playing starters anymore.

Tano

Legend
Their isn't, but he hasn't done anything to show me that he can only be a backup

I like Mannion between the 20s but when he gets inside the red zone it just appears to me that he doesn't have the necessary arm strength to zip it in there on tight windows. We always seem to come away with field goals inside the 20 when Mannion is QB.