My 2016 Offseason Dream Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robert

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could use this reasoning to say us trading a first for Aaron Rodgers is plausible. The Browns deal is completely implausible.

Yes. But can't sign the long term deal until after the trade.

He's more valuable in the off-season than at the trade deadline. He would have to go to a team midway through the year without having any reps with their players or knowing the scheme. QB trades during the season are rare. And generally are desperation moves. Aside from the Rams, who needed to make a desperation move?

Then why did he only get a 1 year $2.5 million deal last year in FA.

He's not a top 8 Center. He's an average Center. Which is where NFL GMs valued him.

You can't hold the guy's hand 24/7. I'm not saying he can't come over and provide awesome play, I'm saying that I'm not betting on it happening. He's been suspended too many times for it to be a coincidence.

You lost me on the first one

Every other team who had a losing record and didnt have a QB. That means quite a few teams needed to make desperation moves.

Tim Barnes is a average center well maybe a tad below average. There is a huge gap between him and Stefen. If that guy is average its sad to say everyone needs to be cut on our o line because he has played better then anyone of our lineman. I think there is something behind the 2.5 and only 1 year maybe he wanted to take a pay cut because he only wanted a 1 year contract for whatever reason but if you tell me that Snead let this guy walk over 2.5 million Snead needs to be gone asap. I would guess he didnt want to get locked up long term for whatever reason but lets say im wrong maybe thats what he was worth. Are you telling me that a player cant have a great year and raise his value significantly? Just because he got paid 2.5 million this year means he cant get paid higher next year?

If I'm Fisher and want to keep my job i would do whatever it takes to win games. If that means holding a kids hand. Thats just me. It may not be a coincidence but that doesnt mean he cant get himself help and drop an addiction

Memphis Ram

Legend
Maybe my draft trade isnt the most realistic but take the Browns out of the equation do you think any other team in the league would do this trade? Please dont say no there has got to be a team that wants a top shutdown corner. Well find that team and make a trade happen. The reason i went with the Browns is because i felt we could get a troubled josh gordon in the process and hopefully turn his life around and feel a huge need in the process. Is it pretty far fetched yeah maybe but i would make a trade with any team to get another first round pick unless you you can find a LT in free agency cause leaving Grob there isnt gonna work.

I Joe Thomas is one guy not the whole team i havent read the comments but i will take your word for it but if you asked that same team what QB they would put on the field right now they would all say Manziel. If you asked that team do you want to use our 5th 1st round pick on a QB in the last 8-10 years or go after more talent at a different position they would all say keep Manziel. I think it really depends on how he does the last 4 games if he shows he can make plays and can help win football games i think there 1st pick will not be used on a QB. Just my opinion

While Jenkins has had a good year, I'm not sure that most would even consider him a top shutdown corner. And I have major doubts that a team would be willing to deal a first round selection in order to pay him like one. That's one of the reasons why we don't see many trades of franchised players. Few want to give up the draft choice compensation to pay massive contracts for these guys and that player has to really want to go to that team to assist in contract negotiations.

From what I understood, Thomas wasn't only speaking for himself, but teammates as well. And my guess is that most veterans would not want want any rookie QB at all. However, that doesn't mean that they would want Manziel either. I don't know if the Browns will use a first rounder on a QB or not. It really depends upon who is available and how they grade him I guess. But, I'd bet the farm that organization isn't going to go into 2016 without a backup plan at the position. And sorry, but it would probably take a gun and a knife for Nick Foles to be that backup plan after this season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every other team who had a losing record and didnt have a QB. That means quite a few teams needed to make desperation moves.

7 of the current bottom 10 teams do not have a need at QB. That leaves the Rams, Browns, and 49ers. The Browns currently have the #1 pick and Josh McCown is playing well. There was no need for them to make the trade. The Rams arguably should have made the trade. But they didn't. The 49ers had no reason to make the trade because it was clear the team was going nowhere.

So no...there wasn't a team that needed to make this sort of move. In fact, this sort of move doesn't make sense for bad teams. It makes sense for good teams that lost a QB to injury and had no plans to stick with that QB past this year. The only team that qualified for that is the Cowboys. And they chose to trade for Cassel instead...because he cost less draft pick compensation and they aren't planning on moving on from Romo.

Tim Barnes is a average center well maybe a tad below average. There is a huge gap between him and Stefen. If that guy is average its sad to say everyone needs to be cut on our o line because he has played better then anyone of our lineman. I think there is something behind the 2.5 and only 1 year maybe he wanted to take a pay cut because he only wanted a 1 year contract for whatever reason but if you tell me that Snead let this guy walk over 2.5 million Snead needs to be gone asap. I would guess he didnt want to get locked up long term for whatever reason but lets say im wrong maybe thats what he was worth. Are you telling me that a player cant have a great year and raise his value significantly? Just because he got paid 2.5 million this year means he cant get paid higher next year?

Snead let him walk over $2.5 million. He didn't take a 1 year deal and a pay cut by choice with the Jaguars. It was the best deal he could get. He's an average Center.

If I'm Fisher and want to keep my job i would do whatever it takes to win games. If that means holding a kids hand. Thats just me. It may not be a coincidence but that doesnt mean he cant get himself help and drop an addiction

I'm sure this is what Browns fans were saying after his first two suspensions.