Must Watch Game of Keenum; We Got Something

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
2013 Colts @ Texans

Remember that perfect, Warner-esk, bomb to Givens? Yeah, Keenum was making his deep bombs look automatic. I really have no idea why the Texans didn't stick with him.

I will admit I'm probably the best at snagging the Kool-Aid pitcher at first opportunity, but I think Keenam has something.

Even in Preseason against the Raiders, he was playing really well. I watched part of it and he was 11-14 at one point and completed multiple first downs.

Remember how we were all pretty ticked and confused the Rams never hit an easy slant? Outside of the deep bomb, which I saw him look great in multiple games doing (KC 2013), Keenum looks really good at throwing those short, sharp, strikes. He demonstrated some reeeally nifty pocket awareness, too.

You know how Wilson buys time by doing that little spin and gets outside the pocket to but time and throws a strike? Yeah, Keenum has that. He's not as mobile as Wilson, of course, but I think Keenum throws a better ball. He does not have a problem with 50 yarders, that's plenty.

Keenum's ball appears to have zero float to it on any passes. I know Foles's does tend to hang. I come to believe Keenum has a very clean release and is really good about getting his feet under him unless he just has a guy right on him.

So my MO is this

I just think we may have something here. So in the event Foles does not see the field for the rest of the year unless Case gets hurt, I think we should trade him for a fourth round pick to some desperate team. His contract isn't that much considering what an average started makes.

Just my .02

like.png

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/11/20/9748522/st-louis-rams-offense-case-keenum-nick-foles

Can QB Case Keenum Revive The St. Louis Rams' Passing Game?
By Tevin Broner@T_Bron

usa-today-8764154.0.jpg

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The Rams benched Nick Foles for Case Keenum, will Keenum be able to make the receivers better? Hopefully.

Change.

In the NFL, change can cripple a team or give that team a second breath. The St. Louis Rams are hoping to get that second breath in newly appointed starting QB Case Keenum. When Nick Foles was benched on Monday it was surprising. It was also the best move the Rams could make.

The Rams want their stagnant offense to at least end up being decent during the final few games. Keenum is not going to light the NFL on fire and be the next Tony Romo orTom Brady. Nobody is expecting him to be a franchise QB, but he could produce some damn good games.

The hope is that he can prove to be a solid game manager, which is something the Rams were not getting from their previous starter. Keenum could end up playing solid football and keeping the job for the rest of the season. All that Keenum has to do is make the Rams offense look better than a high school team.

We know what to expect from Keenum, and if he plays better than expected that is great; however, what the staff and fans want to know is how will the receivers play with a new QB. The narrative this season is that the Rams have horrible receivers. While that maybe true, the receivers have to be better than their leading receiver having less than 400 yards right?

The Rams top receivers this season have been Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt. The attribute that Keenum has shown is his fearlessness in throwing the ball, which can get the Rams in trouble, but could pay off if the receivers finish with the catch. This team has sorely been missing the deep ball, and Britt and Austin have both shown the ability to get open deep down the field.

They just have not had a QB who could capitalize on those type of passes. Also, the hope is that Brian Quick, who has been forgotten in this offense, will suddenly be remembered and will start to flash the ability to make plays like he did last season.

Whether it was Foles not utilizing his receivers or if they truly are as bad as they have played is kind of up in the air. The Rams have played some bad defenses and will play another below average secondary this week against the Baltimore Ravens. Immediately we should see if the Rams receivers are better than they have shown so far or if that will be something else that the Rams will need to address in the offseason.