Must start fast!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tbux

Rookie
We have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL- but we have some advantages about it as well. The key to our season is starting off 3-1 or even 4-0. The way it is laid out, we MUST have a good start to be able to compete for the playoffs.

week one- Minn home- great time to play them- who will be their starting QB? they have issues we can exploit - new system and coach- so week one perfect time to play them. I love our chances to win this one- stop the run- all we have to do. They do have a very good oline- but against our Dline- I like our chances. I think we indeed start off 1-0.

week 2- @ TB- I know this team better than most living in Tampa. Again great time to face them- new coach and system- and new QB- may take them a while to get going. By season's end- may be a very good team and tough to deal with- but week 2- I think we win this one for sure. 2-0

Week 3- home Dallas- At home and last years blowout fresh in our heads, I think we will want to return the favor. I do think they will have a few big plays, but if we contain Murray and Co running the ball- our Dline will reak havoc on that oline. We will force some turnovers and we should be able to run all over them. 3-0

week 4- @ Philly. On paper you would say no way. But we will have 2 weeks to prepare for this game. THere are a number of teams you would want 2 weeks to prepare for- Philly and Denver probably at the top of that list. We will be rested and mentally ready for the fast pace. Still a very tough out- esp in Philly. Later in the year it would have been even tougher in the elements - but in sept, we shouldnt have issues with weather. This is the one Im most worried about first 4 weeks- but we are a very live dog - esp if we start off 3-0 and have a ton of confidence. I expect a 23-20 type game either way- and I am hoping we are the 23.

3-1 or 4-0 gives this young team confidence- something that may be the single most important factor in sports. The next 7 games are brutal- all 7 won at least 9 games last year- actually all but one won 10 or more. we would be doing great to go 3-4 in those games. If we win 7 of our first 11- that would be incredible as the next four games are all winnable in Home vs Oak, @ wash, Home vs Cards and Giants. We can easily win 3 of those 4 and possibly all four. @seattle to finish is brutal and BS we have do that every year. 10 wins- I think it is possible- key- start fast, maintain through the tough stretch and take adv of the ending four game stretch before Seattle week 17. Two good 4 game stretches we MUST play well in to fight for the playoffs- and I do think it is possible.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think you are right on the money with needing that fast start. There aren't too many teams that are going to want the Rams after that start so even some of those in the tougher middle part of the schedule will games that we will be in. Health as always will be the biggest factor down the stretch for us and opponents this year game 17 in Seattle is not such a lopsided game.

Irish

Starter
2-2 is very possible, as Murray gashes this team (Ram Killer) and Philly is probably the most dynamic team not playing in Denver in the NFL.

The toss up game is the TB game. Those twin tower receivers could wreak havoc on our smaller d backs, Muscle Hamster is going to be super motivated after losing much of last season, and McCown is no slouch and really flourished throwing to big target Wideouts in Chicago. Of course, the Rams could win all 4 of those games if we go into week one tearing the heads off of players on defense and we score early on offense. No more wishy washy soft ass Tim Walton Zones, no more passive dink and dunk 45 pass attempts from Brian Schottenheimer, just bludgeon the other team for 60 minutes and see who still wants to play when the final period ends.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think this HAS to be stressed this year. Obviously because of the schedule setup that you pointed out, but I think the team the past 2 years has been very slow to find their niche. Now some of this is obviously natural. The team is going to get better, and gel more as the year goes on. However, I think some of it has to do with the way we practice and how easy we are in the off-season. I have no problems with the way things are done under Coach Fisher, but there's pluses and minus to the relaxed approach. Obviously a decreased risk of injury is a plus, but having your team less "football ready" than the other team is another. I would love to see us come out firing on all cylinders this year.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I agree that the fast start is huge this year. I really hope we don't hear anything about "keeping the preseason vanilla" and the complete don't care attitude towards the preseason, I hope to see a message of everything leading to being primed to go week 1. No calling do-overs after 4 games, this is it.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Fisher has to have these guys ready to kick ass week one, a fast start is crucial. Gain that confidence and see what we can do when we get tested (and we will be) in-division...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who's Fast, and what position does he play? I've searched the roster 2 times....:cautious::sneaky::whistle:;):cool:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I've seen nothing from us that would make me think we can beat Dallas. Especially since the season hasn't even started yet. Let's wait a little bit longer before we start talking about an undefeated season.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I think two of the most important things this season, if not the two most important, is a good start to the season in these first four games and the overall health of the team throughout the season.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I've seen nothing from us that would make me think we can beat Dallas. Especially since the season hasn't even started yet. Let's wait a little bit longer before we start talking about an undefeated season.
Why the hell can't we beat Dallas at home? I know they punked us last time but this is 2014, and if I know this team they will be geared up for this game. Dallas has a weak defense that I think we will be able to run on...all day long.
We will turn the tables on these guys this year, and do them exactly like they did us last year....

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't think there is a team who says let's start slow. All teams are gonna bring it from the top to bottom. We need to not fuck ourselves. We need to play some gut punching, ass beating football and make teams dread seeing us on the schedule. I want the word to get out that playing us is the worst damn thing they could do.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a tough schedule but it seems like the Rams under Fisher win some games each year that most people count them out of. I definitely want a fast start. Give me 4-0. But even if we start 2-2, I think we can surprise some teams like we did last year and in 2012. Just have to stay healthy.

As far as beating Dallas goes, I'm not sure about that game either. We've played terribly the last couple times we played them.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
4-0 Excellent!

3-1 My expectation

2-2 Not good

anything less is unacceptable

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Well, at least Long won't have to block Ware again. Holy shit, talk about a wake up game.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Dallas has no Demarcus Ware, who manhandled Long last year. Rolando McClain is not Demarcus Ware. And looking at their line, Saffold and Robinson are much bigger than anyone they have. We should be able to run the ball up the middle against that 3-4, and challenge their questionable secondary.

Dez Bryant and inconsistency in rush defense is the only thing that I'm scared off.