Must start fast!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I've seen nothing from us that would make me think we can beat Dallas. Especially since the season hasn't even started yet. Let's wait a little bit longer before we start talking about an undefeated season.
Well i'll give you a damn good reason they have like the 29th worst defensive line, we're going to be a smashmouth running team sending whichever back we throw at em Stacy, Cunningham or Mason. After they get killed with our ground game we start throwing the play action at them for the big play over the top. That Dallas D might of been able to stop our terrible Schotty Spread attack but if we play to what Schotty knows, a strong ground game, Dallas doesn't stand a chance. Especially with Gregg Williams running the shots instead of Tim freaking Walton! It's our game to lose, imo...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've seen nothing from us that would make me think we can beat Dallas. Especially since the season hasn't even started yet. Let's wait a little bit longer before we start talking about an undefeated season.

I don't know what teams you follow,but I'll just say bet the over on Dallas @ Rams.

The post makes some very good points.He said better start fast,because the rest of the schedule is brutal.Maybe you still have that bitter taste in your mouth,but that is what that word revenge means.That was a horrible loss.$

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't buy into the tough or weak schedule excuses. Not in the NFL anyway.

I think we will start fast. Our rookie class isn't expected to start for the first season in years. We still have a very young team, but they mostly have at least a year on the field.

I expect a tough football team out of the gate this year.
We'll have our losses, but every week is a tough mach.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think we WILL start fast, I think because we did well will Clemens at the end of the season, the young guys will be buoyed by having Sam back and will raise their game.

If we win week 1 - we have a good chance of going 4-0, BUT...
If we lose week 1 - we have a good chance of going 0-4 :(

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I cannot wait for the Dallas game...we didn't have Stacy last year's game and they don't have Ware. I remember McDonald hit the sh!t out of Murray on one of his scoring plays in the corner of the endzone, looked like he didn't want to get back up. I'm sure he'll have a huge target on his back for this one...

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I suspect they'll lose some games we'll expect they'll win, and vice versa because that happens every year, but yeah that seven game stretch coming out of the bye looks much more daunting than the first three.

The key to me when looking at the schedule as a whole is going to be playing great run defense every week. It seems like almost every week presents a new challenge with the opponent's running attack, beginning with week 1 against arguably the best back in the NFL, and also drawing Shady McCoy, Charles, of course Lynch and Gore twice, Murray, a possibly rejuvenated Doug Martin, Ellington twice, Ryan Mathews played much better last year, Alfred Morris. Even a guy like Montee Ball could ruin our day if the whole focus is on Manning, and Oakland went out and got MJD, whose best years are behind him but could still do some damage.

Some of the teams they play have a power run blocking scheme, some play a zone. Some play with quick elusive backs and some play with big bruisers, and some have freakish hybrid guys. But from week to week stopping those backs is going to be paramount.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yes, our schedule is a daunting one.

But I believe our GW designed defense can and will keep us in almost all games. Even the tough ones in our division.

Our ST are a team strength these days.

So that just leaves the O to worry about, doesn't it? And a healthy Bradford plus our "new" OL gives me hope. I further think that one, or more, of our WR's emerge this year to give us an effective passing game to complement our already strong running game.

Bottom line, I think we will be a '14 team to be reckoned with in every game.

So Dallas doesn't scare me at ALL. Lol.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Well i'll give you a damn good reason they have like the 29th worst defensive line, we're going to be a smashmouth running team sending whichever back we throw at em Stacy, Cunningham or Mason. After they get killed with our ground game we start throwing the play action at them for the big play over the top. That Dallas D might of been able to stop our terrible Schotty Spread attack but if we play to what Schotty knows, a strong ground game, Dallas doesn't stand a chance. Especially with Gregg Williams running the shots instead of Tim freaking Walton! It's our game to lose, imo...

I'm still traumatized. ;) Glad we're moving to a smashmouth style. It should make all the difference. Great post btw.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really like us against Dallas this year. they've lost key players on their D thru FA and injury!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm still traumatized. ;) Glad we're moving to a smashmouth style. It should make all the difference. Great post btw.
I feel your pain but they got lucky with the terrible spread attack we were trying to learn on the fly and Waltons defense definitely worked in their advantage, whole different game this time around i promise you bro! lol

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Dallas and the Rams are rapidly moving in opposite directions. The Cowboys might have the worst D in the league, you simply can't win without any semblance of balance. My heart says 4-0, my mind says 3-1.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Must Start Fast!

Must Not False Start!!!

tbux

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We get the run game going early- I like our chances to start fast. I think the D will be very good game one. Hoping JJ thrives with Williams running the show- I think he will.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That was a very tough 5 days.
To make Dallas look like Superbowl champs, then roll Into SF the following Thursday and get pushed around.
That was a tough week. I'm angry just thinking about it.

If we win only 3 games this year, those wins better be against those two teams. I want pay back.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
That was a very tough 5 days.
To make Dallas look like Superbowl champs, then roll Into SF the following Thursday and get pushed around.
That was a tough week. I'm angry just thinking about it.

If we win only 3 games this year, those wins better be against those two teams. I want pay back.

100% with you. I'm thinking the players and coaches must feel the same way, even if they can't publicly admit it.