Move over Rams, Ravens are the NFL's most complete team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Lamar Jackson was the correct wake up call for Flacco to get his shit together.

Ram65

Legend
Beating the Steelers gets everyone's attention. I picked the Steelers of course but, didn't watch the game. It's a nice angle for an article. Good to read about defensive team in the NFL getting some attention. i don't take it as slap on the Rams. May have to pay more attention to the Ravens. They have had the time to rebuild that defense. Another link with a list of the Ravens improved rankings.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...tball-world-looking-at-ravens-differently-now

Big Game

Living The Dream
The Same Ravens that got beat by Andy Dalton huh......

upload_2018-10-4_12-27-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-4_12-25-55.png
    upload_2018-10-4_12-25-55.png
    150 KB · Views: 95

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol so..

Once Greg and Natson come back we'll have the best special teams in the NFL. We had that title last year. Giving that to the Ravens because these guys got injured for a few weeks is laughable.

I don't trust that Ravens offense. And that's ignoring that they got beat down by the Bengals..

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's fair to say our special teams haven't been great. Injuries have been a real factor and even Hekker hasn't been his stellar self.

And, purely based on some of the big plays our banged up defense allowed in the last two games, I can see the numbers not looking the best for our defense.

However, to look at both teams overall and see anything other than the Rams as the better squad is just wishful thinking on the part of a Baltimore beat writer.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can understand downgrading the Rams defensively for their last 6 quarters defensively without Talib and with an injured Peters, and them giving up a few big plays.

However, if the Rams are downgraded for the average yardage given up rising, shouldn't the Ravens be downgraded for being tied for 14th in average yardage on pass plays (while the Rams are #1) and for being tied for dead last on average yardage on rushing plays (while the Rams are tied for 10th)? Seriously, rushing is a huge hole for them, they are #22 overall in yards per play offensively (Rams #1) and while the Ravens are #1 in yards given up per play defensively, the Rams are #9 still. In terms of balance, it's not even close. I can understand homer articles, but not to the point of delusion.

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
I feel the Ravens have an AVERAGE coach, AVERAGE QB, below AVERAGE D-LINE and the Bengals are a notch better right now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and for being tied for dead last on average yardage on rushing plays

that's because their coach keeps handing the ball to buck allen and his 2ypc average. he has some strange fascination with him. they look much better when they give the ball to collins.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Take it with a grain of salt. This guy is a Ravens beat writer and has been for at least the last 15 years, between ESPN and the Baltimore Sun.

If I took this article with as much salt as is needed to ingest it, I'd die from massive hypertension.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan

I’m soooo glad you re-posted here. That irked me when it came out and these knuckleheads should be held accountable

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hensley writes " Ravens are the most complete team and the numbers back this up"

I guess "complete team" equals a 4-4 record?

I'll take an "incomplete" Rams team that is 8-0.

That "complete" Ravens team might not even make the playoffs.

nighttrain

Legend
Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”
One stormy freezing winter eve
I saw a little bird with a yellow bill
out upon my window sill
i lured it in with crumbs of bread
then i crushed its freakin head
train

Ellard80

Legend
Here is a Secret.....

They never were the best team and anyone with half a brain could tell that.