Monitoring Rams' Final Position Battles/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
does anybody else see the irony in this? people talking about OUR WRs as trade bait? After all the concern and complaints in the recent past about how they were the worst unit in the NFL..... Now they should be considered legitimate trade bait?

I get that that was the prevailing wisdom.Just not mine and I know I do not have a track record of posting to support my view.

I know that over the past few years we chose to rid our selves of Danny A, Dx, Laurent, Salas & Gibson. All of which were signed or traded for by other teams and were productive before injures on their new teams. I believe they have always been a better group than advertised but have always needed development time which we have not (because of a host of situations) been not been able to provide.

I believe they have correctly decided to wait and let this group age with a core of Austin, Bailey, Brit and Quick. The others experienced WR (Pettit/GIvens) have skills that can be used here or some place else.

This and all my arguments are based on existing health and recognize that another injury or another suspensions clears the the deck.

Thanks

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Coach here are my responses. Much gratitude for your respones. Orchid

Jones cannot go on the PUP list, that is for players who never participated in training camp. And he did. So he either makes the 53 or is placed on IR. I was led to believe his rehab time was around 8 weeks from the surgery, which he had on July 31st. So that puts it around Oct 1st. Given he will need additional time to get "game ready", I would think the soonest he would be able to contribute would be around the SF game on Oct 13th. If they think he will prove to be a solid depth guy, they keep him on the 53. The other option would be to give him the IR-designated for return, but I honestly don't see that happening for a backup o-linemen.

Thanks for correcting my incorrect perception of the PUP. I totally agree with you. They must believe, Question in my mine is he worth the spot he will cost.

As far as Hayes is concerned, I can only go on the fact that not only has he not played in any of the preseason games, he still isn't practicing. At least not full participation. The hip is his biggest off season issue. So something tells me he just might not be a fill "go" by Sept 7th. If that is the case, I would expect they keep 10 DL. And reevaluate that when Hayes is back completely, or when Bailey returns from his suspension.

It also could be advantageous to keep that 10th DL through the first couple of weeks, before releasing him and getting him to the PS. By then, teams are less apt to have the need to poach our PS, than immediately after the Sat cuts.

I do understand your doubt. This my second worst fear other than Quin going down. I chose to believe he is healthy in my projection. If he is notare you projecting Westbrooks and Sam over Conrath?

AS to the Oline, my guess is they go with 9. Long, Saffold, Wells, Joseph, Barksdale, Robinson, Barnes, Person, are pretty solid as the first 8. Then it will come down to one of Bond, Hooey or Washington. My preference from what I saw throughout camp would be Bond, but its too close to call. ANd of course that all could change, depending on what they decide to do with Jones.

So do you have Saffold starting at LG? I think they should which is why I had G Rob as swing left OL. Person as back up at all three and Barnes as backup C and Guard. If i Had to go to 9 I would add Bond because of "potential" and he appears to be the most healthy.

Question - who backs up RT other than Saffold?