mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thehammer

Rookie
based on player interest

1 Mariota ...Rams will trade future picks..whatever it takes
2. Paul Dawson..Rams are the last team to worry about character issues
3. Tre Jackson
4 Havenstein
6 Tray Walker cb or Craig Mager cb
7.Donatella Luckett wr Rams were 1 of 2 teams at his pro day ram a 4.37 elite blocker
scored 22 touchdowns in his career at D-II Harding. The average distance of those scores? Almost 50 yards per

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
As long as they Resign Barksdale I would be more than ok with this draft.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
If the Rams trade-up for Mariota it will probably involve some extra 2015 picks as well. I think the supply and demand curve will make moving up for Mariota too costly.

Like the linemen in the 3rd and 4th but prefer Marpet or Tomlinson if they are there in the 3rd. I know Rams have shown some interest in Marpet, just not sure how much. Although I know there is not lot of tape for teams to evaluate, my gut tells me Marpet could be a very good pro.

We have seen the Rams dip into the senior bowl pool quite frequently where Havenstein, Jackson, Marpet, and Tomlinson all fared very well there.

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
add if they lose out in the bidding (they will be bidding) they take Flowers #1..best run blocking OT in the draft and either Sean Mannion or Grayson(if he is still there) in the 4th....

Mannion had almost the identical sparq score as Winston, scored a 33 on the wonderlic, coaches kid, gym rat, elite character player AND if you follow archetypes, the qb prospect most likely to a success in this draft after Mariota

Stel

Starter
based on player interest

3. Tre Jackson
4 Havenstein
7.Donatella Luckett wr Rams were 1 of 2 teams at his pro day ram a 4.37 elite blocker
scored 22 touchdowns in his career at D-II Harding. The average distance of those scores? Almost 50 yards per

Not a fan of trading up, so I like your second option better (Flowers, then Grayson or Mannion). I could live with this, though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
based on player interest

3. Tre Jackson
4 Havenstein

While I like the players, they still are not the players I would like the Rams to draft. I am not crazy about Tre Jackson but he is the only one.

It would check all of the boxes. Franchise QB, Future MLB, Guard, ROTdevelopmental Corner and WR with potential to start one day. I guess they sign Wisneiwski or go with Jones/Rhaney/Barnes...scary.

I don't like the idea of mortgaging the future drafts for Mariota.

Not my favorite scenario.

Athos

Legend
I wouldn't give up much for Mariota.

Not enough quality o-line talent, though I suppose it wouldn't matter as Mariota wouldn't be starting this year anyway.

If we're taking Flowers.....we better be trading way the fuck down.

thehammer

Rookie
only 1 franchise qb in this draft...rams will try real hard to draft him

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Best guess ... what are we giving up in the scenario to go up to get MM?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Have to jump past the Jets, I'd imagine to do it. Oh look, Washington is there. Wonder what their asking price will be...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Your second and third round picks are the same as I would mock at this stage. Love the Jackson pick, mezza mezza on Dawson, love his talent worried about his attitude. Would love to see how the personal interview part went.

Im probably in the minority but I don't see Mariota as a franchise QB and think he is as risky as any QB in this draft. Over time and if the team that drafts him builds an offense to fit him like what SF did with Kaepernick then I can see him having success, but I would not mortage the future to get him.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Do you think the 10th pick and net years 1st round pick is enough to move up and select Mariota? Would anyone not want to do that?

As far as your mock draft goes hammer, I like the first 3 picks. I need to watch more of Havenstein and Walker. I know the Rams have interest in Walker and his size is definitely very intriguing.

thehammer

Rookie
Do you think the 10th pick and net years 1st round pick is enough to move up and select Mariota? Would anyone not want to do that?

As far as your mock draft goes hammer, I like the first 3 picks. I need to watch more of Havenstein and Walker. I know the Rams have interest in Walker and his size is definitely very intriguing.

trade value chart says yes...come down to how many other teams are bidding

rams are drafting 10th...be easier trading up for and drafting that elite qb now then wait till they are drafting 15-25th...after a 8-8 /9/7 record

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

rams are drafting 10th...be easier trading up for and drafting that elite qb now then wait till they are drafting 15-25th...after a 8-8 /9/7 record

The trade value chart is meaningless when you are talking about trading up in the top ten for a QB. The Redskins only moved from 6 to 2 and gave up two firsts and a second, plus swapped their first.

I think it is unlikely that a team wanting to make that trade would insist on this years second as well. Plus at the very list one additional first next year, probably two.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The trade value chart is meaningless when you are talking about trading up in the top ten for a QB. The Redskins only moved from 6 to 2 and gave up two firsts and a second, plus swapped their first.

I think it is unlikely that a team wanting to make that trade would insist on this years second as well. Plus at the very list one additional first next year, probably two.
Yeah - I'd have to agree. As much as I would like to see Mariota in Horns (I watched him his entire career here and really saw his game progress to another level this year), I can't see us moving from 10 to a position high enough to draft him.

Now that is assuming a couple things. One that @thehammer may be figuring on Mariota dropping - which is entirely possible if teams don't view him as high as the draftniks out there. The other would be that maybe a player is included in the deal.

Washington moved up to get what almost everyone was saying was pick 1b in that draft. I don't know of anyone that had the #2 pick going anything but one of the two top QBs. It doesn't seem quite as clear in this draft. In fact I'm not too sure that Tenn views either one of these two as being a definite upgrade over what they seem to think they have in ZM. So does it cost less to move up this year vs previous years? Quite possibly. Still I really doubt the Rams move up to get Mariota.

I get the feeling we are looking at the two QBs as more of a smoke screen and are really looking to move down and pick up a couple of top linemen along with maybe being able to snag a late 2nd round or early 3rd round QB (Hundley).

Stel

Starter

I disagree. Our trade with Washington was an aberration. Most similar transactions follow the trade value chart fairly closely and even our trade with Washington wasn't that far off. The difficulty in valuing future picks is guessing what position the trade partner will have in the future years. Picks in future years are valued one of two ways that I have seen: One, each year in the future devalues the pick one round on the chart; Two, each year in the future halves the value of the pick. For generic purposes, assume future picks are the middle of the round.

For our trade with Washington, our 2012 #2 pick was worth 2600 points. Washington's 2012 #6 pick was worth 1600 points and its #39 pick was worth 510 points, a total of 2110 points in current year value, leaving them 490 points short. Under option one of valuing future picks, Washington's 2013 first round pick (valued in the middle of the round) would be valued as a second round pick, or about 420 points, leaving them still 70 points short. Their 2014 first round pick would be valued as a third round pick, or about 190 points. This would make the total trade calculation: Our 2600 for their 1600 + 510 + 420 + 190, or a total of 2720 points, giving St. Louis a premium of 120 points on the transaction (equal to a late third round pick). Valuing future picks under option two, Washington's two future picks would be valued at 500 and 250, making the total calculation 2600 to 2860, a difference of about an early third round pick. The actual premium Washington paid was not that great.

Following the scheme of the Washington trade, our trade with Washington, for the same premium, would be:

Washington's #5 for our #10, #41 and #72.

1700 for 1300 + 490 + 230, for a total of 2020, or a premium of 320 points (equal to a late 2nd round, a bigger premium than our 2012 trade).

---Or---

Washington's #5 for our #10, #72, and our 2016 first round pick.

1700 for 1300 + 230 + 500, for a total of 2030, a similar premium.

Under either option, to be equivalent to the 2012 premium, in addition to Washington's #5, we should get their 4th round pick, too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

And I'd be willing to do it for a future pick, if they love Mariota. I want our first 3 or 4 this year though. Even if there are 5 good QB's next year, there are no guarantees, we could get one of them with the record that we should have next year.

thehammer

Rookie
ag
And I'd be willing to do it for a future pick, if they love Mariota. I want our first 3 or 4 this year though. Even if there are 5 good QB's next year, there are no guarantees, we could get one of them with the record that we should have next year.
basically agree...know Williams wants a new mlb...would have zero problem disappointing him as long as we get 2 olinemen and Mariota with 3 of our 4 top picks