mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
rams are drafting 10th...be easier trading up for and drafting that elite qb now then wait till they are drafting 15-25th...after a 8-8 /9/7 record

I think that's what "worries" me most with Foles.

If we find out we need a QB next year, we're likely in a situation like Philly... Not enough ammo to move up.

Big decision for Snead and Fisher right now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think that's what "worries" me most with Foles.

If we find out we need a QB next year, we're likely in a situation like Philly... Not enough ammo to move up.

Big decision for Snead and Fisher right now.

I have been saying all along that they are not convinced that Foles is the man. And they don't want to be caught shorthanded if he is not. Just say that Nick Foles plays better than he did last season, but not lights out like he did in 2013. So do the Rams have a good handle on who he is? Will they want to pay him what some team that keeps looking at his 2013 stats and convincing themselves that they can get that out of him will want to pay him? I am sure they are thinking that there is a definite risk there and are prepared, NOT to pay him what other teams will.

It is the same exact situation that they were in with Bradford. They would have to compete for his services at seasons end, and if he was not lights out I couldn't see them giving him a Joe Flacco contract with his injury history. At least this year they have a guy that should be healthy and ready to go. If he impresses enough they can decide to take the plunge and pay him big. If not they have a backup plan. Case Keenum is the backup, backup plan right now. If they don't get a good enough QB to start in 2016, they could possibly fall back on Keenum who should have the offense down by then, if he beats out Davis (which I think he does). That would buy them more time.

I really think the chances of them signing Foles are very slim, unless for some reason he decides to give them a discount......but why would he want to do that. Don't buy a Foles jersey just yet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
All reports are Foles is a stand up / Christian guy. If he does well and we make the playoffs, staying with the Rams is an attractive option for him.

I'm not saying he gives a hometown discount, but he won't be Nadingdong Suh.

WestCoastRam

Legend
ag

basically agree...know Williams wants a new mlb...would have zero problem disappointing him as long as we get 2 olinemen and Mariota with 3 of our 4 top picks

Hammer, any reason you think Williams wants a new MLB? You may have said before but I missed it. If so, does that make Laurenitis trade bait? Don't know much about his contract.

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hammer, any reason you think Williams wants a new MLB? You may have said before but I missed it. If so, does that make Laurenitis trade bait? Don't know much about his contract.

from watching the college games the Rams attended last fall and player visits since then....pff had some stats on lb sacks..Laurenaitis was among the worst for pressures & sacks...never makes plays behind the line of scrimmage.

yes do believe if we draft a middle mlb high Laurenatis could be traded during the draft for an extra 4th/5th rd pick

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mannion had almost the identical sparq score as Winston, scored a 33 on the wonderlic, coaches kid, gym rat, elite character player AND if you follow archetypes, the qb prospect most likely to a success in this draft after Mariota

Mannion not much of an arm and not very athletic, but is tall and smart. I could see the Rams taking Mannion, but IMO they will go higher than the 4th at QB.

thehammer

Rookie
Per La Canfora, it seems the general feeling around the league is that the St. Louis Rams are a "very strong suitor" for Mariota and could potentially be eyeing a trade up to the second-overall spot in the draft with the Tennessee Titans in order to make sure the dual threat signal-caller winds up with the Rams.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft Follow
Is any team poking around on top QBs more than the Rams? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Stel

Starter
Per La Canfora, it seems the general feeling around the league is that the St. Louis Rams are a "very strong suitor" for Mariota and could potentially be eyeing a trade up to the second-overall spot in the draft with the Tennessee Titans in order to make sure the dual threat signal-caller winds up with the Rams.

Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft Follow
Is any team poking around on top QBs more than the Rams? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Such a move would definitely change the complexion of our draft! Maybe for several years.

thehammer

Rookie
anyone really bored go to pro football reference and look at the yearly history of every NFL team....and look how each team turned a losing record into a winning record you will see the same played out over and over and over

team hires a top coach and the coach then finds a top QB for his team...worrying over who starts at rt or g or c or wr is pointless..get the coach then get the qb..wins will come
think Fisher/Snead realize there is only one qb to draft this year and that is Mariota. If They can't trade up for him they might as well draft Mannion in the 4th as a solid backup and try again next year for the qb

off topic but Weinke coached Carden at IMG...word is that with his and Vinny Testaverde coaching Carden has much improved his arm strength..IF we fail in moving up be interesting to see which QB Weinke wants next...

Athos

Legend
Such a move would definitely change the complexion of our draft! Maybe for several years.

Draft? I'd hope it'd change the complexion of our TEAM, in the sense that we ended up trading up for a true franchise QB and not a bust.

I didn't leave thru the constant fuckups of the mid 2000s like most of you guys. And I don't wanna.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Draft? I'd hope it'd change the complexion of our TEAM, in the sense that we ended up trading up for a true franchise QB and not a bust.

I didn't leave thru the constant fuckups of the mid 2000s like most of you guys. And I don't wanna.

You are very lucky. Lol

I'd send 10, our 4th and next years 1st. Hopefully gets it done.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
To move from #10 to #2? Not nearly enough.

Especially not when multiple teams are calling for the pick.

If the Rams trade up for a QB, they are going to have to either (a) have a better package of picks than the other teams bidding or (2) deal a QB that the Bucs/Titans want in return - which, lets face it, would be Foles and no one else on our roster.

I think 2015 and 2016 #1 picks plus Foles is getting us in the ballpark if (and its a big if) those team covet Foles.

Athos

Legend
Tell you this much, I'm not giving up for Mariota, what i'd give up for Cardale Jones when he comes out. Which would be a lot.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Especially not when multiple teams are calling for the pick.

If the Rams trade up for a QB, they are going to have to either (a) have a better package of picks than the other teams bidding or (2) deal a QB that the Bucs/Titans want in return - which, lets face it, would be Foles and no one else on our roster.

I think 2015 and 2016 #1 picks plus Foles is getting us in the ballpark if (and its a big if) those team covet Foles.
So would you give Foles and next years #1 to move up?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I believe Either Foles is for real or Kelly is brilliant. Which is it? Can it really be just the system?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I guess all this talk about moving up and needing a MM baffles my mind. I believe Foles will be the answer but others don't , why?

thehammer

Rookie
I believe Either Foles is for real or Kelly is brilliant. Which is it? Can it really be just the system?

Foles had almost identical stats in his 1st rookie year and his 3rd year....the great 2nd year no one had yet coached against a kelly offense. Jeremiah gave him an udfa grade coming out of college. Be great if he becomes the next Warner but I'm from Missouri....