Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. His arms proved to be longer than Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Guyton, & Suamataia.

But I believe his height is a concern for some as he's slightly below 6'4". I recently read a glowing review about his athleticism, his arm length, and his demeaner, but then that same reviewer said he didn't have the height for a LT.
For the record same height and weight with more length than Rashawn Slater. They're almost physical clones except for the arm length favoring Fautanu tbh and Slater isn't bad at all at LT.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Speaking of OL, I’m really interested to see where Mims goes and how his career unfolds. Massive dude with so much upside. If you are an OL coach and you believe in the guy, then he could be a huge steal going mid/late 1st round. He’s so young and raw. But it seems there is a very large (pun intended) chance he busts and is a wasted pick. He’s maybe my most interesting 1st rounded and guy I’m fascinated to watch how his NFL career unfolds.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Speaking of OL, I’m really interested to see where Mims goes and how his career unfolds. Massive dude with so much upside. If you are an OL coach and you believe in the guy, then he could be a huge steal going mid/late 1st round. He’s so young and raw. But it seems there is a very large (pun intended) chance he busts and is a wasted pick. He’s maybe my most interesting 1st rounded and guy I’m fascinated to watch how his NFL career unfolds.
Think if Packers like him, perfect spot. Not a lot of holes on roster, oline played well last year but could eventually use an upgrade at tackle.

Perfect spot really.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The way oldschool looks at him LOL yeah I'm touchy, nothing like being singled out with the implication I don't like a guy.
There is absolutely no negative implication in that line. None. Zero.

You're being hyper-sensitive. Get over it.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
couple of Cbs scouted for Fangio-based scheme

GLtBOs3WQAE9hIi.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
I though Alaric Jackson was fine at LT. But outside of the financial implications on the OLine, could it also be that the Rams want a more athletic LT for their rushing attack / gap run scheme? Someone that can pull with ease and hit a moving target? Kind of like the guard they signed from the Lions.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I though Alaric Jackson was fine at LT. But outside of the financial implications on the OLine, could it also be that the Rams want a more athletic LT for their rushing attack / gap run scheme? Someone that can pull with ease and hit a moving target? Kind of like the guard they signed from the Lions.
Absolutely... and I think the idea is anyone will be able to run behind that line. It's not a great year for RB this year, we arguably need another RB given the injury hx of our own.

But many teams moving towards a model where you build the oline and then let joe schmoe run behind it. Less concern about talent of RB.

I don't love trading up for a tackle but I can see an argument for it.

Edit: I doubt it happens but I think if we could trade up and get a tackle and then turn around and get picks commensurate with cost of Dotson last year (doubt it) for AJ, that would be a pretty big coup!

Memphis Ram

Legend
For the record same height and weight with more length than Rashawn Slater. They're almost physical clones except for the arm length favoring Fautanu tbh and Slater isn't bad at all at LT.
As I recall draftnik media debated whether Slater would be best at OT or OG, too.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I would lose my shit if the Rams traded up for an OL. I could deal with it if it was for a WR, Bowers or EDGE.

I happen to think that Alaric is more than capable at LT.

Unless it’s Joe Alt… I think he’s worth it, but all the rest aren’t imo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I recall draftnik media debated whether Slater would be best at OT or OG, too.
Most all of the stuff I read when looking back into it the other day was they thought he could play at all 5 spots but he had the ability and physical tools to play LT if the team drafting him wanted him there and they've proven right so far.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
IF we are trading up for an OT (please god no) at least make it a good one in Fuaga. Thinking the idea with the changes to our OL already this offseason is centered around being a bruising power running scheme, Fautanu makes little sense. He really is not considered a good run blocker. Fuaga on the other hand is a very good run blocker and a good pass blocker to boot. Fuaga also has the ideal size for OT. I have him rated 2nd to Alt personally.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Unless it’s Joe Alt… I think he’s worth it, but all the rest aren’t imo.
I agree with this, but see above. If they are making the mistake (IMO), at least pick the right guy. Also, trading up for Alt would cost a fortune.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I agree with this, but see above. If they are making the mistake (IMO), at least pick the right guy. Also, trading up for Alt would cost a fortune.
I mean, I'm sure the Rams have a price in their head about trading up... just cause they want to doesn't mean it will happen.

It should be written as: Rams really want one of the top tackles AT A PRICE.

Think there's a lot of scenarios where this doesn't happen cause price is too great. Probably just their plan A1 is all.