Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

View: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1765489877435441174

Sharpe's a great analyst and he's not lying about his mock draft accuracy. I'd keep on eye on each one he puts out.

Fascinating that he has Mitchell so low!!

I'd be in heaven if we had a choice between Mitchell and Latu at 19
Overall Accuracy? ... OK, maybe.

Nabers at #9? ... Don't think so.

Mitchell at #22? ... No Way. I would bet @Loyal's left nut.
I could easily see Nabers at 9. WR is very deep this year, most other positions are not. If you want a tackle or an edge, you need to do that quickly.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I could easily see Nabers at 9. WR is very deep this year, most other positions are not. If you want a tackle or an edge, you need to do that quickly.
OK

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Yeah, I think there are some great WRs that'll be there at 52, maybe 83.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I thought 'they' said OT is DEEP. Having said that, by the looks of Sharps mock, JPJ would be available at #19. I'd take him over the kid who was told to quit playing football for his own safety. At the very least, it might put an end to the Creed Humphrey regret!

dang

Legend
I thought 'they' said OT is DEEP. Having said that, by the looks of Sharps mock, JPJ would be available at #19. I'd take him over the kid who was told to quit playing football for his own safety. At the very least, it might put an end to the Creed Humphrey regret!
So is the forum consensus to thank Shelton for his service but aggressively look to improve thru FA or Draft?

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Rams gotta do something about filling the gap between their R3.100 and R5.152 picks. They need a R4 pick in the 115-125 range. Lots of good defensive players in that range (think Adisa Isaac/Edge or T Eichenberg/ILB).

I have been thinking all along that there is just no way the Rams go that long without a pick. There seems to be a general consensus that this draft is not very deep and the Rams are loaded with 5ths and 6ths.

There’s always trading back out of that 3rd round comp pick too.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So is the forum consensus to thank Shelton for his service but aggressively look to improve thru FA or Draft?
I don't know what the forum consensus is but personally, I'd like him back. The questions are for how much and for how long? Too much and it's arrivaderci. Then I'd prefer we draft a couple of studs but that's unlikely.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like good value and realistic player placement, with the exception of Baylor DL Gabe Hall.
He ain't lasting to the end of the 6th Round.
Never say never. I get the sentiment but anything is possible come draft time

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Not for me. I’d re-sign him no matter what.
1) he would be the IOL depth at the very least and that’s not chopped liver.
2) should Dotson walk, he could slug it out with Noteboom over the RG gig while the Rams searched for another Dotson/Corbin like acquisition.
…but a legit mauler at Center on a rookie contract along with Avila (another rookie contract) puts the OL in pretty good shape going forward.

Ideally, I’d take Zach Frazier over JPJ after I spent #19 on defense.

Edit:
I just saw that Dotson re-signed! Fucking awesome!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1709905664689.png

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Not for me. I’d re-sign him no matter what.
1) he would be the IOL depth at the very least and that’s not chopped liver.
He can play C and G. The difference between having Shelton in the fold or not is the round you need to draft his replacement.