Mock Draft Tidbits / 2024 Draft Talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Why would anyone have anything to do with a mock AI draft ?
Complete waste of time.
Great now I'm having an internal debate about why I even follow a sports team or watch football.
3wigk4.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Trying to figure out which of these first rounders are definitely off the board before we pick. Of course before the corners and wideouts run there's tons of room for change but to this point here's what I'm guessing it looks like in terms of guys we can rest assured will be gone...

99.999% OFF THE BOARD AT 19
QBs: Williams, Daniels, Maye.
WR: Harrison, Nabers, Odunze.
TE: Bowers
OTs: Alt, Fuaga.
CBs: Arnold, Mitchell.
Edge: Turner, Verse.

That's thirteen who I would be ecstatic to see us draft. So here's the remaining pool we are looking at, with five coming off before we pick. Also casting a wide net here, going into some of the round 2 types as they look right now, given that these guys are still being moved around as rumblings and whispers escape the NFL:

LIKELY POOL
QBs: McCarthy, Penix, Nix.
WR: Thomas, Coleman, Mitchell, Franklin.
Cs: Powers, Frazier.
OTs: Guyton, Fautanu.
CBs: Rakestraw, Dejean, Lassiter.
ILBs: Cooper.
Edge: Latu, CRobinson.
DL: Murphy, Newton, DRobinson.

QBs... Included them all just in case, but obviously the more of them off the board the better.

WRs... Coleman needs to run well to stay in this group. Thomas seems to be listed higher than 19 a lot now. Franklin is a bona fide McVay type, super fluid in movement and everyone expects him to blow up the 40. Mitchell like Coleman and Thomas is a plug him in at X day one guy.

Cs... Just watched two of Frazier's games and he surprised me. Dude is nails in there. Weird to put two Centers up for us in round 1, and both probably would come after a trade down only, but it's the Rams and it's looking like we will lose Dotson so including them.

OTs... I really like Guyton. Just now taking the time to look harder at the OTs and watching him I don't see why he wouldn't have a chance to play LT and that warrants him being listed I think. Fautanu is probably off the board before 19 but if not he's in play for us I'd think.

CBs... Feels like any corner we take at this point or after a slight trade down needs to bring undeniable speed but also a willingness to tackle. Tackling is not negotiable in this division and given where we need to improve. So for reason of tackling I didn't include Wiggins as stacking him up against these guys on this list and knowing only 5 will go off he doesn't quite measure up. Same with Kool-Aid for the same reasoning but for speed. Might be wrong on either of those guys, I am of course no scout and this is guesswork.

OLB... I have Cooper added to this group for several reasons, those being that we need to improve our tackling underneath and in space and he can do those things as well as a bit of coverage. Also we have a new DC who is a LB source coach, and we play in a division where you by God better stop the run. No idea what he runs but he will need to run well to be here but for now got him added to the options. I'd almost rather have the Clemson kid later who I'm a big fan of but Cooper adds size and athleticism we could use and he'd give us the ability to play a bit more base.

Edge... No idea what Latu's medical reports look like so that has to be cleared. But if that is cleared he is a high floor edge threat that instantly boosts our defense. I mean he is to my eye at least a best case addition. Dude is relentless, polished, and will need to be schemed for from day one in the NFL. So if we were to get him it would be a windfall. Or maybe a tragedy. Either way I want him. Chop is falling like crazy on boards but left him up there because NFL teams prioritize physical gifts on the edge, plain and simple. The guy is gifted. Many teams will see that and want to tap into it and nail that rare edge threat addition. Hope it's not the Rams but if it is I'll cross my fingers.

DL... This group is positioning now on many boards like corner, with a cluster of talent in that bottom third of round 1. Newton has Rams DL written all over him, which is to say undersized but effective in the run and can get pressure. I don't think undersized is what we need more of but can't deny how much he could help us. Murphy same, not sure what he weighs in at and all that, but our DL is better day one with him. And lastly is D Robinson, who actually fits very nicely what this DL needs, which is size and ranginess at 5T, and I have him in this group because they are hard to find.

S... Dammit forgot my boy Nubin. Knew I was forgetting someone! He has to run a good 40 but if that happens I think he's on the list.

Assuming the 99.9999% group holds true here's my priority board for that remaining group:

1. OLB Latu (instant impact blindside rush)
2. OT Fautanu (flexible piece and chance to be LT)
3. OT Guyton (bit of a project but has the tools for LT)
4. WR Thomas (explosive X receiver day one)
5. CB Rakestraw (more I watch this guy the more I like him)
6. CB Dejean (total package DB, white corner red flag)
7. S Nubin (ballhawkin safety baby wooooo!)
8. DL Murphy (physical three down stud for the trenches)

Hopefully both McCarthy and Penix go off before 19 boy.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Out of all of them, I'd rather trade down for Rakestraw Jr. I don't think he's a first round player, but I can't deny he's getting serious buzz. I just feel his fellow DB, KAD, will be a better pro, which is not an insult to Rakestraw; it just shows how much I love KAD.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is cool is the quality of options as each QB goes off. There are only 5 players we have to sweat through roughly speaking. So if McCarthy and Penix go off now we're only looking at a few to suffer through.

If that were to happen then I think OT is in play for us as well as potentially Latu, assuming his medical is good. If not then of course he'll be slated much later or off the board.

dang

Legend
Rams gotta do something about filling the gap between their R3.100 and R5.152 picks. They need a R4 pick in the 115-125 range. Lots of good defensive players in that range (think Adisa Isaac/Edge or T Eichenberg/ILB).

PARAM

Hall of Fame
NFL-team-logo

Jackson Powers-Johnson OC Oregon
NFL-team-logo

Adisa Isaac EDGE Penn State
NFL-team-logo

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB Clemson
NFL-team-logo

Blake Corum RB Michigan
NFL-team-logo

Erick All TE Iowa
NFL-team-logo

Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M
NFL-team-logo

Elijah Jones CB Boston College
NFL-team-logo

Joe Milton QB Tennessee
NFL-team-logo

Dwight McGlothern CB Arkansas
NFL-team-logo

Charles Turner OC LSU
NFL-team-logo

Dominique Hampton S Washington

I did 2. Here's the 2nd.

NFL-team-logo

NFL-team-logo

Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
NFL-team-logo

Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
NFL-team-logo

Josh Newton CB TCU
NFL-team-logo

Luke McCaffrey WR Rice
NFL-team-logo

NFL-team-logo

Erick All TE Iowa
NFL-team-logo

Zion Tupuola-Fetui EDGE Washington
NFL-team-logo

Omar Speights LB LSU
NFL-team-logo

Caedan Wallace OT Penn State
NFL-team-logo

Jaylin Simpson S Auburn

I saw McCaffrey there and couldn't resist. His main job will be to talk shit to his brother. And so his father tones it down about S.F. !! His son and the son of his ex-coach got him all giddy about SF.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
NFL-team-logo

NFL-team-logo

Adisa Isaac EDGE Penn State
NFL-team-logo

Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB Clemson
NFL-team-logo

Blake Corum RB Michigan
NFL-team-logo

Erick All TE Iowa
NFL-team-logo

Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M
NFL-team-logo

NFL-team-logo

Joe Milton QB Tennessee
NFL-team-logo

Dwight McGlothern CB Arkansas
NFL-team-logo

Charles Turner OC LSU
NFL-team-logo

Dominique Hampton S Washington

I did 2. Here's the 2nd.

NFL-team-logo

NFL-team-logo

Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
NFL-team-logo

Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
NFL-team-logo

Josh Newton CB TCU
NFL-team-logo

Luke McCaffrey WR Rice
NFL-team-logo

NFL-team-logo

Erick All TE Iowa
NFL-team-logo

Zion Tupuola-Fetui EDGE Washington
NFL-team-logo

Omar Speights LB LSU
NFL-team-logo

Caedan Wallace OT Penn State
NFL-team-logo

Jaylin Simpson S Auburn

I saw McCaffrey there and couldn't resist. His main job will be to talk shit to his brother. And so his father tones it down about S.F. !! His son and the son of his ex-coach got him all giddy about SF.
Luke isn’t a bad pick. He could be our punt returner.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
OK. I will share some "wisdom".
The only draft that matters is the actual NFL Draft.
If I want to relax and do something that does not matter I will listen to good music.
I will refrain from peeing in your guys bowl of AI draft Cheerios. Nerd out Rams Brothers.
BTW, I am kinda anti AI. AI can never take my job.
Not the case for millions of people in the near future.
South Park Jobs GIF

dang

Legend
In my simple little pea brain it goes like this:

Rams have a list of players (say 10) they would use the R1.19 selection for:
- If there are 0 left, Rams will be interested in a significant trade down to R2 for extra pick(s)
- If there is 1 left, Rams select the 1
- if there are multiple left, Rams will be interested in a small trade down in R1 in hopes of picking up one of those

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Trying to figure out which of these first rounders are definitely off the board before we pick. Of course before the corners and wideouts run there's tons of room for change but to this point here's what I'm guessing it looks like in terms of guys we can rest assured will be gone...

99.999% OFF THE BOARD AT 19
QBs: Williams, Daniels, Maye.
WR: Harrison, Nabers, Odunze.
TE: Bowers
OTs: Alt, Fuaga.
CBs: Arnold, Mitchell.
Edge: Turner, Verse.

That's thirteen who I would be ecstatic to see us draft. So here's the remaining pool we are looking at, with five coming off before we pick. Also casting a wide net here, going into some of the round 2 types as they look right now, given that these guys are still being moved around as rumblings and whispers escape the NFL:

LIKELY POOL
QBs: McCarthy, Penix, Nix.
WR: Thomas, Coleman, Mitchell, Franklin.
Cs: Powers, Frazier.
OTs: Guyton, Fautanu.
CBs: Rakestraw, Dejean, Lassiter.
ILBs: Cooper.
Edge: Latu, CRobinson.
DL: Murphy, Newton, DRobinson.

QBs... Included them all just in case, but obviously the more of them off the board the better.

WRs... Coleman needs to run well to stay in this group. Thomas seems to be listed higher than 19 a lot now. Franklin is a bona fide McVay type, super fluid in movement and everyone expects him to blow up the 40. Mitchell like Coleman and Thomas is a plug him in at X day one guy.

Cs... Just watched two of Frazier's games and he surprised me. Dude is nails in there. Weird to put two Centers up for us in round 1, and both probably would come after a trade down only, but it's the Rams and it's looking like we will lose Dotson so including them.

OTs... I really like Guyton. Just now taking the time to look harder at the OTs and watching him I don't see why he wouldn't have a chance to play LT and that warrants him being listed I think. Fautanu is probably off the board before 19 but if not he's in play for us I'd think.

CBs... Feels like any corner we take at this point or after a slight trade down needs to bring undeniable speed but also a willingness to tackle. Tackling is not negotiable in this division and given where we need to improve. So for reason of tackling I didn't include Wiggins as stacking him up against these guys on this list and knowing only 5 will go off he doesn't quite measure up. Same with Kool-Aid for the same reasoning but for speed. Might be wrong on either of those guys, I am of course no scout and this is guesswork.

OLB... I have Cooper added to this group for several reasons, those being that we need to improve our tackling underneath and in space and he can do those things as well as a bit of coverage. Also we have a new DC who is a LB source coach, and we play in a division where you by God better stop the run. No idea what he runs but he will need to run well to be here but for now got him added to the options. I'd almost rather have the Clemson kid later who I'm a big fan of but Cooper adds size and athleticism we could use and he'd give us the ability to play a bit more base.

Edge... No idea what Latu's medical reports look like so that has to be cleared. But if that is cleared he is a high floor edge threat that instantly boosts our defense. I mean he is to my eye at least a best case addition. Dude is relentless, polished, and will need to be schemed for from day one in the NFL. So if we were to get him it would be a windfall. Or maybe a tragedy. Either way I want him. Chop is falling like crazy on boards but left him up there because NFL teams prioritize physical gifts on the edge, plain and simple. The guy is gifted. Many teams will see that and want to tap into it and nail that rare edge threat addition. Hope it's not the Rams but if it is I'll cross my fingers.

DL... This group is positioning now on many boards like corner, with a cluster of talent in that bottom third of round 1. Newton has Rams DL written all over him, which is to say undersized but effective in the run and can get pressure. I don't think undersized is what we need more of but can't deny how much he could help us. Murphy same, not sure what he weighs in at and all that, but our DL is better day one with him. And lastly is D Robinson, who actually fits very nicely what this DL needs, which is size and ranginess at 5T, and I have him in this group because they are hard to find.

S... Dammit forgot my boy Nubin. Knew I was forgetting someone! He has to run a good 40 but if that happens I think he's on the list.

Assuming the 99.9999% group holds true here's my priority board for that remaining group:

I'm not so sure that Arnold and/or Mitchell are off the board at #19, factoring in that its probably 95% that McCarthy is going before us also, that will drop the CB's for sure. LT Olo Fashanu is almost certainly gone by 19 and I don't see him on your lists. Latham is also starting to get some serious buzz about going top 15-20. Sadly, if Latu checks out medically, I can't see him getting to us at 19 either, but I'd sure as hell love it if he did.
Out of all of them, I'd rather trade down for Rakestraw Jr. I don't think he's a first round player, but I can't deny he's getting serious buzz. I just feel his fellow DB, KAD, will be a better pro, which is not an insult to Rakestraw; it just shows how much I love KAD.
I'm really starting to warm on Rakestraw. There isn't as much of a gap as I'd expect between him and the rest of the top CB's in this draft. He's also better in the run game then a lot of these top guys. Throw in that we could trade back and get more assets and I like it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not so sure that Arnold and/or Mitchell are off the board at #19, factoring in that its probably 95% that McCarthy is going before us also, that will drop the CB's for sure. LT Olo Fashanu is almost certainly gone by 19 and I don't see him on your lists. Latham is also starting to get some serious buzz about going top 15-20. Sadly, if Latu checks out medically, I can't see him getting to us at 19 either, but I'd sure as hell love it if he did.
Certainly possible. That is just the way it looks to me. But if Arnold or Mitchell are on the board when we're up it means we're gonna have a great start to the draft.

And if there's a run on QBs... :part:

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Great now I'm having an internal debate about why I even follow a sports team or watch football.View attachment 64620
In watching a NFL game, something actually happens. At least we have that.
Sort of, this NFL scripted deal is at least somewhat interesting. How true ? Who knows at this point. But I am paying attention.
With AI, especially with this latest Google AI debacle showing founding fathers, George Washington ect as not white dudes is a fraud.
Garbage in-garbage out, someone programed it.
So, if someone, a human wants to do a mock draft, fine. Not my thing but whatever floats your boat. Rock on as they say.
IMO doing a full AI mock draft IMO is a complete waste of time.
You know what, all those white corner backs just might make the first round in this AI deal.
But that would make a computer "racist" !

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
You really have to wonder how some of these "experts" get a job.

Kinchens at 19, with JPJ, Mitchell, DeJean and Turner all still available? Really?

Usain Bolt wouldn't be able to keep up with me handing in the card if Turner is somehow still on the board at 19.

dang

Legend

Kinchens at 19, with JPJ, Mitchell, DeJean and Turner all still available? Really?

Usain Bolt wouldn't be able to keep up with me handing in the card if Turner is somehow still on the board at 19.
Yeah. I guess he didn’t get the memo that the Bengals tagged Higgins.
I would guess the Rams had Mitchell, Dejuan and Turner on their list of players they would pick at R1.19. With Turner being a top 10 they would either run to the podium to pick him or be open to trade back only a couple spots to get one of the remaining 4 player and get another R3 pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Jared Verse not being drafted in the 1st round?? Did I miss something?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
inchens at 19, with JPJ, Mitchell, DeJean and Turner all still available? Really?
Most annoying is then Nubin goes to GB. I would be very frustrated by that draft.