GAME DAY MNF - Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
Only broken record is the sound of you sucking off Morris every chance you get.

Nobody wants you here.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We were in the playoffs against the 13-3 Packers. We had the #1 defense in the NFL that year. Don't even try to compare Staley and Morris. They're night and day. We should have promoted Ejiro Evero. He's better than Raheem. It's too bad nobody hired Raheem away last year. Hopefully, somebody will this year.
Lol.

The Rams #1 D gave up almost 500 yards that game and eviscerated Staley by doing the same motion with an RB out of the backfield the entire game. He made zero adjustments.

Morris performance in the playoffs last year, with a real defensive roster, speaks for itself. Morris, you'll remember.. DID make adjustments in the playoffs.. which is one reason why they won the Super Bowl.

He does not have the personnel to run what people want this year.. and some fans have lost all perspective.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah, got to hand it to Glenn he has adjusted the D in Detroit to play to the strengths of the personnel and it has turned things around
Yup.
Went from running press more than 40% to under 22% and have been much more successful.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Remember how good Darious Williams was under Pleasant? And how he sucked after Pleasant left?
One thing's for sure: the Chris Shula to secondary experiment has gone about as good as the Thomas Brown to TE experiment. Both have blown up in McVay's face.

Raheem shares in that with Shula just like McVay does with Brown. From that perspective of did they get enough support in their respective moves I think both are in question.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sums up the calls tonight....

Screenshot_20221219_232422.jpg

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is irritating is the Packers defense can be beat with two plays, runs and play action. No need to get all cute.

But honestly I didn't expect to win. Lafleur also seems to have an edge on McVay schematically.. It is starting to look like a trend.
Ya, he just calls Shanny and says, inside screens and slants right?

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I thought last year we won the SB in spite of Morris.

When you have the talent we have (had) I may have been able to have called the defense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ya, he just calls Shanny and says, inside screens and slants right?
All of McVay's WCO counterparts have their defenses prepare all week for the gimmicky ass short passes and misdirection plays in his playbook and every time he plays one of them they get blown up.

This is why he needs to quit fighting it and hire someone who can put a great run game together. Overall too it just feels like this staff is tired. Sometimes the message from coaches can get old over time and when that happens fresh blood is required.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish Sean would have let Akers or Williams feast a little. Akers had 65 yards on what 12-13 runs? Sean is going to continue to get his quarterbacks killed by not keeping the defense honest. Too many jailbreaks tonight against Mayfield…need to redirect that to some slants and inside screens or just plain powerball…Cam looked really good tonight, wish we had seen more of him in this game. The Pack knew to keep running

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Well - I guess we are exactly where we thought we would be after last week. Packers may be bad but we aren’t a good match-up at the best of times.

Just Rams

UDFA
I know Stafford
is aging….but when he threw those 60 yard tds to our guys…….teams were scared. Need him to go 2 more years !!!….If
I’m wrong let me know.

oldnotdead

Legend
I've been saying forever that Havenstein is overrated and the past two games have proved it beyond all doubt. I've pointed out hes fucking slow so the book on him is to line up your fastest edge in wide 9 against Rob and just run to the QB. Rob is too slow to stop anyone. Now they are locked into this slug until at least 2024. He's turned into a turnstile. Old man Nsekhe plays far better than him. Next year Rob should be a high priced backup. With Noteboom and Jackson, they don't need a turnstile at RT.

Skura sucks eggs and he has always sucked. Aboushi is maybe half a step above Skura. Both are subpar even as backups.

I've got no problem with the way Mayfield played. He played as well as anyone could behind this sucky OL.

Morris has got to go. His fucking prevent is beyond stupid. When every analyst in the booth can see how fucking soft the secondary is playing the QBs see it also. There is no disguising of his scheme. The way the QB sees it presnap is the way it's played. Too fucking easy, any college QB could beat this secondary. He allows so many long possessions by the opposing offense it limits the possessions for the Ram offense. On the first TD it looked like he lined up Gaines 0T with no LB support, exactly what I said and only Rapp in support. WTF? Morris isn't the genius that McVay and people say he is.

Yeast shouldn't see the field again the rest of the season. The kid isn't ready to play and he may never be. WTF was that facemask??? He plays like a 7th rounder.

It's one thing to lose it's another to give the game away via ineptitude.

But like I've said the important thing is how well Mayfield played and I was satisfied. That INT was on you guessed it lead-foot Havenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.