GAME DAY MNF - Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Tampa gave up 25 a game in 2009, 19.9 a game in 2010, and 30.9 a game in 2011. Staley hasn't produced good defenses as a HC, but he produced an elite one as our coordinator. I'd happily take him back if the Chargers fired him.

Still only four games. The 2018 playoffs didn't save Wade Phillips after his defense produced average results in 2019.

Or you're wrong and refuse to see it.

I told you why. It's not rocket science or brain surgery. I don't know how to spell it out any clearer. Sean McVay has a long track record of success that makes me confident he'll fix things. Raheem Morris has a long track record of mediocrity that doesn't make me confident he'll fix things.
Okay, Jer.

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on the small sample size because it's bullshit. It's not some random fucking four game stretch in a regular season.. it's the four games to win the fucking Super Bowl.

You won't use the same standards, because it's too uncomfortable.

You also keep bringing up Wade... as if Sean didn't get rid of Wade and chose Rah to replace Staley and run the defense that Sean wants to be run.

You must have missed that part of Sean's growth. He found a defensive system he liked and brought Staley in to bring it to life.

You also are happy to do your "track record" thing with Rah, but not apply it to Staley.. whose defense is giving up more points than the Rams this year... again.

Track records are track records until they're not track records.

Oh. and performing at the most important time of the season is weighted less than the regular season, is what I'm learning here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, Jer.

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on the small sample size because it's bullshit. It's not some random fucking four game stretch in a regular season.. it's the four games to win the fucking Super Bowl.
Call bullshit as many times as you like. The 2018 playoffs didn't save Wade, and the 2021 playoffs shouldn't save Morris. We're heading towards 34 games of mediocre defense during the regular season under him. This isn't a sentimental business. We want to win another Super Bowl, not talk about the last one.
You won't use the same standards, because it's too uncomfortable.
Whine about this all you want. Not a single person is going to take you seriously when you are trying to claim that Sean McVay and Raheem Morris are equals as football coaches. McVay has a long track record of success. Morris doesn't. You're clinging to four games like it's one of the Titanic's life rafts.
You also keep bringing up Wade... as if Sean didn't get rid of Wade and chose Rah to replace Staley and run the defense that Sean wants to be run.
Raheem is running his own system now. We're not still running Staley's system. Staley loved C-2, C-4, and C-6 shells. Raheem is more of a C-3 guy, and our defensive scheming shows that. I'm bringing up Wade because he's the perfect evidence that a strong playoff run won't save you when you are underperforming otherwise.
You must have missed that part of Sean's growth. He found a defensive system he liked and brought Staley in to bring it to life.
And Staley did a phenomenal job with it. I'd love for us to get Staley's mentor, Vic Fangio.
You also are happy to do your "track record" thing with Rah, but not apply it to Staley.. whose defense is giving up more points than the Rams this year... again.
I'm not advocating for Staley to be our HC. He was outstanding as our DC. The track record is there for him.
Oh. and performing at the most important time of the season is weighted less than the regular season, is what I'm learning here.
What you're learning is three games of Aaron Donald, Von Miller, and the rest of the star-studded defense wrecking the opposition in the playoffs doesn't save a DC who has consistently underperformed in the regular season. It didn't save Wade. It shouldn't save Raheem. It's a business. It ain't personal. No reason for you to feel some type of way.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
It's complete ownership of you.

Because all you ever do is follow me around.

Thanks for being such a loyal sub.
Isn’t that exactly what you do when you see a negative post about Morris?

Isn’t it ironic (Don’t you think).

But then again, anything is possible when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Only broken record is the sound of you sucking off Morris every chance you get.

Nobody wants you here.

Just saying, guys, keep the argument clean: if you don't like what the other person is saying, there is an ignore button. Things like the above go against site policy - attack the post, not the poster. If you feel like you can't argue the point without insulting the poster, it's a simple matter to put them on ignore, and it doesn't cost a thing.

I know this has been a tough season for us as fans, maybe even more as people. It doesn't mean that we can insult each other with impunity.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yes, I did. On a third and short, specifically that I noted.

I'm not going to be sarcastic.. I'm just going to repeat.. the Rams don't have the personnel on D this year.

When they did, in last year's playoff and stretch run, they mixed coverages more.

You either saw it and acknowledge it or pretend that it didn't happen. It's up to you.
I meant did you see a Rams defensive back SUCCESSFULLY challenge a Green Bay receiver tonight?

Their attempts at pressing or slowing a wide receiver or even knocking them off their route was a complete failure.

Some of the GB receivers were so open it was embarrassing.

Tano

Legend
Just saying, guys, keep the argument clean: if you don't like what the other person is saying, there is an ignore button. Things like the above go against site policy - attack the post, not the poster. If you feel like you can't argue the point without insulting the poster, it's a simple matter to put them on ignore, and it doesn't cost a thing.

I know this has been a tough season for us as fans, maybe even more as people. It doesn't mean that we can insult each other with impunity.
That's why I got Kupp on ignore.

He has gotten just repetitive in his nonsense.

Oh and I still like A Christmas Story and Home Alone

Sorry I just couldn't help myself

Tano

Legend
I meant did you see a Rams defensive back SUCCESSFULLY challenge a Green Bay receiver tonight?

Their attempts at pressing or slowing a wide receiver or even knocking them off their route was a complete failure.

When your open by 5 to 10 yards, even Wolford would complete those passes.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Agreed.. and the Offensive line isn't new anymore so there's no excuse. McVay is to blame and his offense put on a shit show tonight. His scheme put them in a position to lose every play.
The talent level between the two isn’t close. You’re in the wrong side of this argument and going down with a sinking ship, get over it.

Tano

Legend
Call bullshit as many times as you like. The 2018 playoffs didn't save Wade, and the 2021 playoffs shouldn't save Morris. We're heading towards 34 games of mediocre defense during the regular season under him. This isn't a sentimental business. We want to win another Super Bowl, not talk about the last one.

Whine about this all you want. Not a single person is going to take you seriously when you are trying to claim that Sean McVay and Raheem Morris are equals as football coaches. McVay has a long track record of success. Morris doesn't. You're clinging to four games like it's one of the Titanic's life rafts.

Raheem is running his own system now. We're not still running Staley's system. Staley loved C-2, C-4, and C-6 shells. Raheem is more of a C-3 guy, and our defensive scheming shows that. I'm bringing up Wade because he's the perfect evidence that a strong playoff run won't save you when you are underperforming otherwise.

And Staley did a phenomenal job with it. I'd love for us to get Staley's mentor, Vic Fangio.

I'm not advocating for Staley to be our HC. He was outstanding as our DC. The track record is there for him.

What you're learning is three games of Aaron Donald, Von Miller, and the rest of the star-studded defense wrecking the opposition in the playoffs doesn't save a DC who has consistently underperformed in the regular season. It didn't save Wade. It shouldn't save Raheem. It's a business. It ain't personal. No reason for you to feel some type of way.
Plus they had Weddle in the playoffs where he played at his HOF level for those 3 games

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Mayfield had too much time to prepare
Maybe they shouldnt share the game plan with him until 36 hours before the game. Change all the plays, line calls etc

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The talent level between the two isn’t close. You’re in the wrong side of this argument and going down with a sinking ship, get over it.
Hate to tell you, but I'm on the right side.

Morris isn't going to get fired this year. Get over it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Lol...
Yeah.. because the Rams don't have good corners.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

You keep bringing up Wade.
Do you know why Wade was let go?
And in 2019... Wade had a more talented unit.

And as for "saving" Raheem? I don't have any expectation that he'll be fired. McVay handpicked Morris and pushed the scheme on him. I don't know what/if scheme conflicts there were with McVay and Wade.. but if there were, those don't exist with Morris.

I have said that if Eviro was available, I'd make the move for him and move Rah into an assistant HC position, but one with some real responsibility to allow McVay to focus more attention on the offense.

My last point is that the defense has not underperformed. It's performed where I would expect a roster with the holes it has on it to perform. Middle of the pack.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Isn’t that exactly what you do when you see a negative post about Morris?

Isn’t it ironic (Don’t you think).

But then again, anything is possible when you don’t know what you’re talking about.
My sub is singing Alanis to me.. how sweet.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hate to tell you, but I'm on the right side.

Morris isn't going to get fired this year. Get over it.
Well if you think the street free agents playing along the OL are on the same level of talent as the guys in our DB room, we’ll just have to disagree.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well if you think the street free agents playing along the OL are on the same level of talent as the guys in our DB room, we’ll just have to disagree.
If you go player by player... it's interesting.
First off.. the defensive backs have not been as bad as the offensive line.. we should start with that.

I can only really use a third party to grade this, right? Because they're not apples to apples.
What I do know is that Kendrick grades out significantly lower than both Skura and Aboushi. Nick Scott grades out about the same as Skura and lower than Oboushi.
Durant has graded out about the same as Oboushi.

The secondary has looked even worse in the last few weeks because of the decline of the line. Fortunately, the line came up with some big plays last night.. and the secondary produced two turnovers.. which were turned into three points.

I'm not excited, at this point, about any of the returning defensive backs next year, other than Ramsey. There's a whole lot of nothing there right now. We'll see if year two for Durant shows a real leap.. and if Rochell can find his way on the field.
Yeast looks like he will earn snaps.. though I don't know how good he can be.

Other than Ramsey.. which one of those guys is starting on any of the defensive backfields in the NFC West?

Status
Not open for further replies.