MNF - Rams at 49’ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We certainly weren't going to stop the run with Morris being unwilling to put Rapp up in the box where he belongs. The defensive scheme wasn't the right one to stop the run. Nothing was right about the defensive scheme tonight.

The first time I saw him go to a 2-3-1-5 (two DT, 3 LBs (2xOLB rushing, 1 ILB, 1 x off the ball Star and 5 DBs) when they were showing not just a run package, but a HEAVY run package, I couldn't believe my eyes.

He's running this defense like a 4-3 more and more and it just doesn't work. We have the personnel for a 3-4 team and I wish I knew more from a coaching perspective because I SEE how what Morris is trying simply cannot work the way he wants to do it.. and that's with HoF players at all 3 levels.

Morris is squandering our defensive talent with a shitty scheme that's doomed to fail.

Either he can fix the scheme and actually coach a 3-4 hybrid or he can watch us have to rely on Stafford to play hero ball and we've seen how that's not our recipe for success because the D can't hold up.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Does anyone remember when we used to win the TOP???

That has to be a focus for McVay. It has to be.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'm no defensive genius but the whiner's man in motion almost always created the running lane and the Rams couldn't stop it. Von Miller disrupted it a few times but it didn't seem like rocket science for the coaches watching from the booth.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'm no defensive genius but the whiner's man in motion almost always created the running lane and the Rams couldn't stop it. Von Miller disrupted it a few times but it didn't seem like rocket science for the coaches watching from the booth.

Even more consistently, Kyle specifically gave JimmyG two running plays and he was to call whichever ran away from AD.

I was calling each run and I don't think I missed a single call the entire game. Now, if I can see it as a viewer, what are the coaches missing? I realize it's entirely different, but I dunno exactly how or how much.

oldnotdead

Legend
The bottom line is that neither McVay or Morris know how to adjust during a game. They come into a game with one scheme and then just wing it if it doesn't work. Niner DBs read and anticipated passes, and contested the reception. Ram DBs not named Ramsey waited until the pass was thrown to react....that is coached behavior. As Merlin called it playing flat footed. This is why I've been calling for Morris' head for the past couple of weeks. He showed he can come off that and it works like Staley's scheme used to. But I've only seen it in a couple of games and not all game long. This is coached behavior.

Morris is sabotaging everything Snead is trying to do by flushing all that talent down the toilet because he doesn't care about stats. He's blind if he can't see his failures. So he keeps playing the same exact way each game. What a total idiot. Fire the damn guy before he costs a Lombardi. He's wasting this whole season.

Snead should fire him and let him walk back to LA.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
What exactly did he do lol
He is a distraction. He is pretending to pour shots with Kupp in the pre-game acting like this game is a cake walk. Then, during the game, he obviously doesnt know the plays and arguing with the WR coach. The guy thinks he can do no wrong.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea Faulk was even better for sure. But when you have a TD machine like that you have to win the big game because its hard to get back. At that time McVay was out-scheming everyone. Thats not the case anymore. And we are far worse on defense. I would take Wade x10 over Morris. Its not even close to me. Our ability to adjust in game has to be among the worst in the league. If we start off bad or are getting beat in one area we rarely reverse that trend mid game.
We're pretty much saying the same thing. I just am starting to believe that it wasnt so much offense scheme as much as it was Gurley playing on a ridiculous level and teams had to scheme to stop him which opened the door for the passing game

David Ray

Rookie
Name
Randall
This might be the most overrated team in history. If we make the playoffs we could very likely lose in the first round. We're not better than AZ, TB, or GB. And if we played Dallas next week I think we lose. This feels nothing close to 2018. Soft ass team and McVay gets out-coached on the regular now.
Remember the speculation from a lot of naysayers in 2018 when Peters, Talib and Cooks were acquired? There were people comparing them to an Eagles team from years prior that busted. Well, THAT RAMS team won an NFC title. THIS Rams team is gonna be the one that busts.