Mikell offers Panthers inside look at his former team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

EastRam said:
See that falls on Fish. Kinda shook me that Fish would bring in a hire and let him fix something that wasn't broke.

ah come on though - players have to learn a new defense like the dc has to learn his players. I mean look at Lovie's Smith defense - that's zone all the way (paid dividends for us when he was here too).

Now if the defense is performing terrible after the bye week,i'm with ya....but not this early into the season, especially with injuries and new safeties... biggest difference in run d has been the safety play..we went from a vet and a below average player to what we have now...which is injured guys with 2nd stringers and other team's cast offs starting (giodano)

EastRam

Pro Bowler
iced said:
EastRam said:
See that falls on Fish. Kinda shook me that Fish would bring in a hire and let him fix something that wasn't broke.

ah come on though - players have to learn a new defense like the dc has to learn his players. I mean look at Lovie's Smith defense - that's zone all the way (paid dividends for us when he was here too).

Now if the defense is performing terrible after the bye week,i'm with ya....but not this early into the season, especially with injuries and new safeties... biggest difference in run d has been the safety play..we went from a vet and a below average player to what we have now...which is injured guys with 2nd stringers and other team's cast offs starting (giodano)

I'll give ya the safeties. Even Finny, either hurt or just playing like crap. But Lovie stepped in and fixed the D from the get go.

Alot of experience on the Rams D staff. Just seemed to take a step back. Dunno. Like you said we'll see after the Bye. But I'll give them 8 games not 11 before I really think Walton is the issue.

Thats all of training camp, pre-season and half the reg. season.