Mike Thomas, Tyler Higbee look to move up Rams' depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think I remember reading that was the real knock on Thomas coming out of college, could make the highlight grab but had concentration lapses that led to dropping what should be easy passes. It seems to me that he's got everything else you need in a WR aside from maybe just cleaning up his route tree.

WestCoastRam

Legend
And if Higbee and Thomas become just above-average contributors and Goff works out, that draft class will be considered amazing even with lack of picks.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
And if Higbee and Thomas become just above-average contributors and Goff works out, that draft class will be considered amazing even with lack of picks.
I don't think we had lack of picks in 2016.

And yes, I know I'm nitpicking. :D

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I'm really starting to get hyped up about Thomas this year. He's probably the most physically gifted WR on the roster if he got the rookie jitters out of the way he may lock up a spot behind Woods and Austin.

PFF loved Thomas coming out of the draft and said he had the ability to replace Britt as a deep play threat.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't trust him....How many rookie WR's with suspect hands ever develop into something special? Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce, Flipper Anderson...these guys immediately flashed as wr's out of the gate. For this reason, I don't really trust any of the guys from last year, including gadget guy Austin.

You're comparing a Top 10 draft pick and two 2nd rounders who were all very polished coming out, and are also boarderline hall of famers to a raw 5th round receiver. Not ever single player comes in as polished or as pro ready as those guys. Julio dropped a lot of passes in college and had some drops his rookie year, now he makes ridiculous catches with ease. The reason Thomas' drops stand out so much is due to his lack of targets. If he had 5 drops all season but had 50 catches, this wouldn't even be a discussion. We need need him to be Antonio Brown. We just need him to be solid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
of course it was. but the argument here is that the article stated it was a well placed ball and @LACHAMP46 said it was a decent placed ball. i have to side with champ here.

While that's true it wasn't the best placed ball, not unheard of for a rookie in one of his first starts, any old WR will tell you that if you put your hands on the ball you should catch it. Can't remember how many times I've heard Ike or Torry say that exact thing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're comparing a Top 10 draft pick and two 2nd rounders who were all very polished coming out, and are also boarderline hall of famers to a raw 5th round receiver. Not ever single player comes in as polished or as pro ready as those guys. Julio dropped a lot of passes in college and had some drops his rookie year, now he makes ridiculous catches with ease. The reason Thomas' drops stand out so much is due to his lack of targets. If he had 5 drops all season but had 50 catches, this wouldn't even be a discussion. We need need him to be Antonio Brown. We just need him to be solid.
That's somewhat of a fair point. Yet in the end, he had a year to show what he could do, even the though his "touches" were limited, he did not impress me at all. I'm just saying is that when everything gets cut down to the 53 and it comes down to a rookie playing similarly to Thomas, I pick the rookie.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess I don't see the point. We all know Champ's view of Goff.

Not sure how many rookies would have placed that ball any different. That missed opportunity is on the receiver - not the placement of the pass.

I don't think it shows the talent level of either player. But that same pass in that same situation gets caught probably 90% of the time.

You seem to think I'm trying to diss Goff like champ always does every chance he gets. Nothing of the sort.

Let's leave it there because you seem to be focusing on who to blame while i was just commenting on the article stating it was a well placed ball.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You seem to think I'm trying to diss Goff like champ always does every chance he gets. Nothing of the sort.

Let's leave it there because you seem to be focusing on who to blame while i was just commenting on the article stating it was a well placed ball.

Nah. Just that you were apparently agreeing with what he said. No biggie and I don't really have a problem with Champ. I don't agree with his take on Goff but Goff hasn't proved me right either. I'm sure he hopes he does just as you and I no doubt hope he does.

Cheers.