Mike Sando-LA Rams, 3 wins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"
Vegas over/under: 6

Wins: Colts, Texans, 49ers

Losses: at 49ers, Cardinals, at Cardinals, at Cowboys, Eagles, at Giants, at Jaguars, Redskins, Saints, Seahawks, at Seahawks, at Titans, at Vikings

Analysis: The poor first impression Jared Goff made as a rookie might not reflect what lies ahead, but it's defining perceptions for him and the Rams. QB tiers voting has the Rams playing at a QB deficit in 15 games, with the only advantage (a small one) coming against Houston. On the positive side, the Rams face only one Tier 1 QB (Drew Brees), and they also draw Indy without Andrew Luck."

SO we are worse than the last year of Fisher? Put your money down, boys!

TexasRam

Legend
As Mcvay said... he hasn't proven anything yet.

My coworkers are laughing at me when I say the Rams might be good this year.

A lot of mouths will get slapped if Rams are who we think they are.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Until the Rams prove they can win, they are going to continue to communicate this type of stuff.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I haven't seen enough of the starting offense/defense to make any counter arguments to this. The Rams are what they have been......until they're not.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't seen enough of the starting offense/defense to make any counter arguments to this. The Rams are what they have been......until they're not.

C'mon man..You have eyes!. Can you honestly tell me that Fisher's offense is better than this one? THAT disgusting, putrid offense was able to manage 4 wins, with the defense's help. We have an INFINITELY better WR group. We have a REAL honest to motherf$%^& LT in Andrew Whitworth. Hell, just NOT having GRob the penalty machine at LT is a positive by subtraction. Who was our Kupp or Robert Woods last year to give a release valve for Goff? At least running left, Gurley will be a beast. Goff is the wild card....For you to believe in Sando's BS, you have to also believe that Goff is an absolute bust after 7 NFL games last year.

Defense? All I have to say is Wade Phillips.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The only media types whose opinions I respect are the four Around the NFL podcast members. They all think we're gonna get at least 7 wins with Chris Wesseling predicting a winning season on the last podcast (by proxy as he's recovering from surgery) and, on twitter, he said he felt this way due to post-Fisher "upswing" and a real NFL offense.

But regardless of whether we agree or not, none of it matters because the real games start this week so we'll see what happens over the next 17 weeks (or more? :cool:)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Until the Rams prove they can win, they are going to continue to communicate this type of stuff.
It shows a fundamental lack of understanding. If cynicism is a positive trait in analysis, then I don't know what to say.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It is what it is. Super Bowl runs often begin just like this, with much cynicism. It makes it more exciting for us. We feel we know something they don't.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It shows a fundamental lack of understanding. If cynicism is a positive trait in analysis, then I don't know what to say.

It's just being lazy and it's been done for centuries, it takes a team to win consistently before getting others to communicate differently and a couple of down years for other teams in order for the prognosticators to stipulate otherwise. Yes the good ones will predict good things from the Buccaneers this year in the NFC and the Titans in the AFC, but it's easier to predict the Patriots will be unbeatable and the Browns, Rams & Jets will suck to coin a better phrase.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
The only media types whose opinions I respect are the four Around the NFL podcast members. They all think we're gonna get at least 7 wins with Chris Wesseling predicting a winning season on the last podcast (by proxy as he's recovering from surgery) and, on twitter, he said he felt this way due to post-Fisher "upswing" and a real NFL offense.

But regardless of whether we agree or not, none of it matters because the real games start this week so we'll see what happens over the next 17 weeks (or more? :cool:)

Dude your avatar is badass. Is that Eddie wearing a Rams helmet????

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Dude your avatar is badass. Is that Eddie wearing a Rams helmet????

Yes it is!

It was done on request ages ago by a poster here named Codemonkey. He was a good dude who we lost in the move from St Louis to LA.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Sean mcvay, Wade Phillips, Andrew whitworth, Sammy Watkins, and a schedule where we only play 4 playoff teams will amount to one LESS win than last year? If this happens I may need a football detox

fearsomefour

Legend
"
Vegas over/under: 6

Wins: Colts, Texans, 49ers

Losses: at 49ers, Cardinals, at Cardinals, at Cowboys, Eagles, at Giants, at Jaguars, Redskins, Saints, Seahawks, at Seahawks, at Titans, at Vikings

Analysis: The poor first impression Jared Goff made as a rookie might not reflect what lies ahead, but it's defining perceptions for him and the Rams. QB tiers voting has the Rams playing at a QB deficit in 15 games, with the only advantage (a small one) coming against Houston. On the positive side, the Rams face only one Tier 1 QB (Drew Brees), and they also draw Indy without Andrew Luck."

SO we are worse than the last year of Fisher? Put your money down, boys!
I already did.
Put $100 down at the local sports book on the over.

threesox84

Name
Greg
Yes it is!

My man. I'm more of a Megadeth man myself but I appreciate a good metal mascot when I see one. Vic Rattlehead would look pretty good in horns.
It was done on request ages ago by a poster here named Codemonkey. He was a good dude who we lost in the move from St Louis to LA.

That's too bad. I imagine the Rams' nomadic existence has probably cost them quite a few good people over the years.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Lets be realistic. The Rams have been offensively offensive for a number of years. That's the basic fact of the matter.

However, lets look at what happened this offseason;

1. Coaching - the Rams Offensive back office has been totally re-vamped and upgraded. We'll have an OC and HC that knows O play, they should have a much less vanilla approach to the attacking ball play this year.
2. O-line - again, upgraded, we now boast one of the best LTs in the league, we have a Ram VET (pray for health) at guard, and very football minded solid C VET (pray for health) and a young pair on the right side that should grow together, don't forget Hav's rookie season was outstanding. I'd say our line has gone from a D to a B+ with the new talent.
3. WR's - long have we been the laughing stock at this position, we now boast one of the strongest rooms in the league IMO, Watkins, Woods, Austin and new-boys Kupp and Reynolds. Look out opposing DBs.
4. RB - Gurley III has something to prove, this is the year to do it, or he will be history, he knows it. Also, I'd like to see what damage Justin Davis can do in a proper game, he seems to spark through holes at speed.
5. TE's - McVay is the master of getting TE's the ball, thats not going to change now that he's here with the Rams, watch him turn Everett (his 1st draft pick as a HC) into one of the leagues best pass catching TE's
6. QB - This is the only position which I have doubts at personally. But you can't deny the fact that Goff has improved since last year, he has benefitted from proper QB coaching. Everything has been done this offseason to make Goff succeed, it's up to the man himself now to make it happen.

All of the above should, should at least double our wins from last season.

Psycho_X

Legend
McVay has a huge chance to be the next big thing in the NFL. He's got a 100% healthy football team and less than zero expectations from everyone not a Rams fan. If he can get this offense scoring points again his star meter will fly off the charts.

threesox84

Name
Greg
I imagine the Rams' nomadic existence has probably cost them quite a few good people over the years.

Quoting my own post here (isn't that kind of a faux pas?). One of those good people was my dad, a loyal fan since he can remember that was so angry about the move in '95 that he swore off his childhood team "forever." Then "forever" ended the moment I called him on the evening of 1/12/16 and he's been yelling at the TV during Rams games ever since.

Here he is in his Rams helmet some time in the early '50s in Inglewood (of all places):

21462358_10105561194129215_4122039786090220773_n.jpg

2016-01-18%2022.29.31.jpg