Mike Martz on Wentz/Goff: "Both are worthy of #1/#2 in this draft"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mad Mike knows wtf he's talking about when it comes to QBs. I remember him talking QBs prior to the 2004 draft and saying Big Ben was his favorite from among a good class and as good as Manning and Rivers have been there's no doubt who the top gun was from that class.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Good to hear Martz's voice again. It's puzzling that he's not working as a coach in the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not a lot there; but it sounds like a stronger endorsement of Goff

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've been thinking that Wentz will turn out to be a High IQ Big Ben... but not as fat.... and faster.

Mad Mike confirmed my thinking.

Sign me up.

Last edited:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Both are worthy of #1/#2 in this draft

Means they will be at worst, competent starters but not franchise altering QBs that you give up 4 and 5 picks for.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You mean the guy who said Jon Kitna was the best QB he ever coached.

You mean that guy?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

You mean that guy?

Martz got 4,208 yds out of him in 2006 and 4,068 yds out of him in 2007. Kitna did this when he was between 34 and 35 years old. Yeah he threw far too many interceptions and got sacked too often but this was the Detroit Lions we're talking about here.

Martz probably said that to tick off Kurt Warner and his wife. Love MM but he has made some bizarre statements. My favorite is the oft repeated "Shoot, we'll fix that" followed by nothing getting fixed.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Martz got 4,208 yds out of him in 2006 and 4,068 yds out of him in 2007. Kitna did this when he was between 34 and 35 years old. Yeah he threw far too many interceptions and got sacked too often but this was the Detroit Lions we're talking about here.

Martz probably said that to tick off Kurt Warner and his wife. Love MM but he has made some bizarre statements. My favorite is the oft repeated "Shoot, we'll fix that" followed by nothing getting fixed.

Oh, I think Martz was a very good QB coach/OC. Getting that production out of Kitna showed that it wasn't all luck in finding the right guy or guys. Martz got production.

Still, I wouldn't trust what he says for anything...not after what he did to Warner.

Sorry, after that betrayal, Martz is dead to me.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I've been thinking that Wentz will turn out to be a High IQ Big Ben... but not as fat.... and faster.

Mad Mike confirmed my thinking.

Sign me up.
Yea but I heard Wentz isn't near the sexual predator that Big Ben is,so he's got that going against him.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yea but I heard Wentz isn't near the sexual predator that Big Ben is,so he's got that going against him.

1353677126150.jpg

jap

Legend
Mad Mike has bestowed his divine approval. All who have ears & eyes, let him|her hear & see.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You mean that guy?

Wasn't every new qb be coached the best qb he ever coached? He said the same thing at the whiners.