Mike Martz on Wentz/Goff: "Both are worthy of #1/#2 in this draft"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both are worthy of #1/#2 in this draft

Means they will be at worst, competent starters but not franchise altering QBs that you give up 4 and 5 picks for.

Franchise altering qbs weren't gonna be available to the Rams. Do you think if luck was there that the Titans would have moved down to 15? No chance. They would have got more for moving just a few spots.

The Rams saw the opportunity to move up this year and took it.

How do you think they were gonna get their hands on a franchise altering qb? Either of these two qbs this year will make the Rams better.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Just watched nfl live. They were talking about goff and Wentz.

Mark may said these two wouldn't have been in 1st round in last year's draft. His reasoning - Wentz lost 2 games this season before getting injured and his back up won the 8 he played in, goff didn't win any big games. Great analysis there.

Bill polian then agreed with him. Said neither qb should play a snap this season.

And that's what you get from espn.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Mark may said these two wouldn't have been in 1st round in last year's draft. His reasoning - Wentz lost 2 games this season before getting injured and his back up won the 8 he played in, goff didn't win any big games. Great analysis there.

Bill polian then agreed with him. Said neither qb should play a snap this season.

Mark May is the most opinionated know nothing douche bag in sports media. He thinks he is an authority on college football but, he got should up by Bolts all the time and Mark would get visibly pissed off on the show. He didn't get an offer to attend PSU and to this day has a grudge against Paterno for it. Real professional when viewers can pick up on the hate.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Good to hear Martz's voice again. It's puzzling that he's not working as a coach in the NFL.[/QUOTE

I was sitting here thinking the same damn thing. Someone who changed the game the way he did. He should be in the coaching room somewhere

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison

The problem with the Media in general is that they are not experts. Anyone who takes this type of projection seriously needs to understand that.

1. I do agree with Polian, Sorta... I believe all rookie QB's should sit. How long should be determined by the staff. Far too often pressure is placed on staff and rookies to perform before they are ready. I think it hurts the true development of many QB's.
2. May might be correct, but his rationale is way off base. An uneducated and reaching statement to say the least.

He reads a teleprompter, and adlibs. He is neither scout nore NFL Coach.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't every new qb be coached the best qb he ever coached? He said the same thing at the whiners.

And every offensive minded coach says great things about a new QB. Criticizing Martz for those comments are a little disingenuous.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And every offensive minded coach says great things about a new QB. Criticizing Martz for those comments are a little disingenuous.

i'm not criticising him, i'm laughing at him.

there's a difference between saying great things and saying he's the best qb he's ever coached when he plainly wasn't.

nighttrain

Legend
what was MM supposed to say, this guy is the worst QB i've ever seen, that would work! :mrburnsevil:
train

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier

If I half-assed my job like some of these media guys,I would be jobless.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sometimes I think being in the media, the way to succeed is by being Frank Burns.

Be a screw up and get promoted...