Mike Martz on Shaun Hill: “I underestimated his ability” --Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Martz talking about QBs = worth listening to

tahoe

Pro Bowler
A winner, a leader, tough, and underrated. Ill take that praise from Martz

I'm fine with Hill at QB, best case scenario he's a good game manager, and he's better than Clemens, we'll be competitive in most games. Worst case we get a higher pick to get our next QB with.

Or it could just be that he's an NFL Europe guy, and I'll always have a weakness for NFL Europe guys.

ViperLjs

Rookie
Hill is 6' 5"? I didn't know he was that tall. He looks small out there.
NFL.com and ESPN have him listed at 6-3, 220; not sure where they got 6-5, 210. In any case, if you look through his record as a starter, he is plenty capable. The more I learn about him, the better I feel about the season.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I like Shaun Hill has a football player, but hyping him is setting up for disappointment.

What Mike Martz was saying happened 4 years ago, when Shaun was 28. He's now 34 in a totally different offensive style.

I believe as long as he keeps the TOs down, the Rams will be fine at QB for this year.

NFL.com and ESPN have him listed at 6-3, 220; not sure where they got 6-5, 210. In any case, if you look through his record as a starter, he is plenty capable. The more I learn about him, the better I feel about the season.

ProFootballReference.com:
Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 20.17.05.png

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I like what Martz said about not having to limit the playbook. I felt last year the Rams really had to limit the play calling due to Clemens limited ability. If Hill can stretch the field vertically on occasion it will really help the run game that looked pretty good last year. Plus it looks like the WR corp is starting to show real promise so if Hill can take advantage of the added talent the Rams can still be a formidable opponent every week.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I like Shaun Hill has a football player, but hyping him is setting up for disappointment.

What Mike Martz was saying happened 4 years ago, when Shaun was 28. He's now 34 in a totally different offensive style.

I believe as long as he keeps the TOs down, the Rams will be fine at QB for this year.
Wait a minute! He must be incredibly fast...he aged 6 years in 4 years! :LOL:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Trust Martz's analysis, I think everyone should listen to it. It sure made me feel even better about Hill!

Sum1

Hall of Fame

the-count-o.gif