Mike Martz on Shaun Hill: “I underestimated his ability” --Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
I'm fine with Hill at QB, best case scenario he's a good game manager, and he's better than Clemens, we'll be competitive in most games. Worst case we get a higher pick to get our next QB with.

Or it could just be that he's an NFL Europe guy, and I'll always have a weakness for NFL Europe guys.
i don't know, i think "game manager" is selling him a bit short. he's not going to be the new kurt warner, but i think he'll do a bit more than just game manager. jmho.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Shaun Hill has never played on team this good before.
Let's see what he can really do. I'll root.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I like Shaun Hill has a football player, but hyping him is setting up for disappointment.

What Mike Martz was saying happened 4 years ago, when Shaun was 28. He's now 34 in a totally different offensive style.

I believe as long as he keeps the TOs down, the Rams will be fine at QB for this year.
Dog years

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL.com and ESPN have him listed at 6-3, 220; not sure where they got 6-5, 210. In any case, if you look through his record as a starter, he is plenty capable. The more I learn about him, the better I feel about the season.

see that kids ?? those STRETCHING exercises do make a difference in your workout. ;)

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I like Shaun Hill has a football player, but hyping him is setting up for disappointment.

What Mike Martz was saying happened 4 years ago, when Shaun was 28. He's now 34 in a totally different offensive style.

I believe as long as he keeps the TOs down, the Rams will be fine at QB for this year.

Fine, perhaps, but for how long?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
One of the things he said that was very encouraging was that since it was Bradford's left knee if he is less concerned. He basically said that if it was his right knee that would be more worrisome, but does not believe it is as bad because it's his left. So maybe he can come back next year and light it up

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
He's 34 but really hasn't got that much mileage on him. I guess that is a plus of holding the clipboard all those years. He's more willing to throw it into a crowd than Sam was, but I also think he has better pocket awareness than Sam. It may be a wash in the end.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I still say we need to tank this season to get Brett Hundley.
I never say tank a season! What if the 99 team had decided to tank the season? Hundley isnt even worth tanking for! In the NFL you never know what could happen each season.

fearsomefour

Legend
I still say we need to tank this season to get Brett Hundley.
There is no way to tank a season really, other than organically. The coaches calling bad plays or set up defensive schemes knowing they will fail....and look like fools? Not likely. Asking Quinn to not rush the passer? Ask WRs to drop passes or RBs to not pick up a first down? No.
To tank a season on purpose you would have to ask coaches or players to intentionally impact their careers in a negative way and that wont fly at all. When the Rams have had 3 or 4 win season it is because they were really that bad. Even if you were to convince coaches and or enough players that this was the way to go the odds of being able to resign a player like Quinn would go to zero.

fearsomefour

Legend
He's 34 but really hasn't got that much mileage on him. I guess that is a plus of holding the clipboard all those years. He's more willing to throw it into a crowd than Sam was, but I also think he has better pocket awareness than Sam. It may be a wash in the end.
Im not worried about 34....34 is the new 30 for NFL QBs.