Micheal Hoecht over looked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ll continue to like these kinds of players.Being able to see him before or after the pandemic.I guess it had to be Super Bowl year for sure.He has always trained like a veteran & helped mentor & or work after practice with players really wanting to make the team.

Troy Reeder is another guy & he was brought back last season,because The Rams never really filled the MLB spot right.

I do believe The Rams need a OLB/DE & WLB/Inside to help & play with Ernst Jones.

Jones is not that fast,but he is a really smart player who does well inside the box. I want a Peyton Wilson who The Rams could lineup anywhere.

Latu would be a perfect RDE/Olb. The spot The Rams do well with that piece.Von Miller type & guy who also helped The Rams in 2018(19).

Hoecht is only going to get better,but B. Young could fill his spot on the LDE/OLB that Floyd/Mattews /Hoecht have played.

Verse would be RDE. If Turner was around then maybe the Lolb/DE.
Wondering if a trade back is what The Rams need to do ?

There was to be a DT in top 100.

oldnotdead

Legend

Geeez I guess I'm not the only one who thought he was misused.

I've been lurking but not invested here anymore. I have my own circle of friends where we are free to have our own open honest discussions. Maggie still comes on this board to read posts.

Michael is a good rotational edge if used properly.

Tano

Legend

I've been lurking but not invested here anymore. I have my own circle of friends where we are free to have our own open honest discussions. Maggie still comes on this board to read posts.

I completely agreed with you on how they used Hoecht.

You shouldn't stay away.

But I recommend when you say something - just say it a couple times not the same thing over and over again.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53

So, Morris did something you didn't like?
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Sort of funny - I miss your crazy post honestly.

Hoecht is back & spoke to the media. It’s cool to see all The Rams players that are coming back & the leadership & mindset.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ll continue to like these kinds of players.Being able to see him before or after the pandemic.I guess it had to be Super Bowl year for sure.He has always trained like a veteran & helped mentor & or work after practice with players really wanting to make the team.

Troy Reeder is another guy & he was brought back last season,because The Rams never really filled the MLB spot right.

I do believe The Rams need a OLB/DE & WLB/Inside to help & play with Ernst Jones.

Jones is not that fast,but he is a really smart player who does well inside the box. I want a Peyton Wilson who The Rams could lineup anywhere.

Latu would be a perfect RDE/Olb. The spot The Rams do well with that piece.Von Miller type & guy who also helped The Rams in 2018(19).

Hoecht is only going to get better,but B. Young could fill his spot on the LDE/OLB that Floyd/Mattews /Hoecht have played.

Verse would be RDE. If Turner was around then maybe the Lolb/DE.
Wondering if a trade back is what The Rams need to do ?

There was to be a DT in top 100.

This is my VISION & GLAD it came TRUE !!! I really want a sideline to sideline WIll or Inside LBer type.

If you look around The NFL today & The Best Defenses they ALL have that DUO of Inside LBERS -

That is going to be awesome for The Rams new DC(Shula) & LBers coach Greg Williams.

Jared Verse was The SAFE pick out of The THREE !!! Rams were ready to Trade Back until the Draft Board went the way it did !!

IMO Turner would have been a HUGE RISK !! The way he handled himself walking into the stage with attitude ??? He isn’t(wasn’t) that WE FIRST guy !!!

Latu was my guy !!! He was everything you want from a player.He has The Best step coming around the Edge.His injury issue was(is) a risk.

Hoecht is going to be a nice piece on The Rams defense.Shula is going to use a rotation more in line to what WADE did as DC.

Pencil in Verse as Right DE. He is actually going to be a True END/Edge !! If you look at last year in the preseason you saw against Denver of what that looks like without Run Support & holding the Edge.

Byron Young did an EXCELLENT job at R-End,but was moving around more from the Left & will play more in coverage in place of Hoecht.
— Go Rams - really LOVE the Off season moves & how The Rams are building this team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BTW - every year I have picked The Rams first pick(needs) , draft.

This year it was Easy, last year was Easy !!! The 1 year was Tutu Atwell pick I had to question ??? Especially when Creed there.
Bruss was a reach,but a NEED!!

Johan Jackson was such a nice pick up & moving Avila to Center really suckers the middle(pocket).
Noteboom - A. Jackson & Big Rob
really hold The Edge—- add the depth of building a foundation with in The Practice squad & 53 is HUGE !! Don’t think RAM FANS appreciate The Process & Development. We can look within & see since 2017 that this is BY FAR THE BEST & DEEPEST the O’LINE has been under SEAN MCVAY !!!
I love Les’s draft analysis on what The Rams are doing as a Team !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Look forward to tonight. Saw The Draft board unfolding & made all the predictions as good as anyone of the analyst. That said -
I’ll just enjoy & hope the Draft continues to go The Rams way.
—Raheem got The QB I liked in the Draft & O’connel got his guy. Worked out well. It’s sort of a PERFECT start. Best player by position !!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I like Hoecht's motor. And he's got some skill as an edge rusher. But he's probably at his ceiling. He's just too big to be on the outside. Can he be moved inside now that we have two bonafide edge rushers? At 300 pounds he's certainly got the size. I just don't know if his skill set fits for it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Hoecht's motor. And he's got some skill as an edge rusher. But he's probably at his ceiling. He's just too big to be on the outside. Can he be moved inside now that we have two bonafide edge rushers? At 300 pounds he's certainly got the size. I just don't know if his skill set fits for it.

My answer would be YES!! I don’t think we have seen a ceiling with Hoecht.What I see I see is a guy that will do all The Little things.

I’ve seen him come up & it will be interesting how The Rams use him.
He has played all across The Front.
My vision hopefully is The Right One of what SHULA wants to do.I go back to 2019 in Wades last season as DC.Was that Greg Gaines first season??(yes ??) Having him & moving Fox back inside after his injury worked out well for that group.
—Go back & look at why LES SNEAD(Kevin Demoff) were so upset at who The Rams season ended losing to The Miners.That will be forever a memory that I think still last in The Rams minds.
Shula was a Wade Phillips guys.He saw what Staley did one season & how Raheem adapted to that system under Sean Mcvay.

The Rams are going to keep the same concepts,but Shula understands The Rotations.

AD99 isn’t going to be with The Rams ,but if you go back to Jimmy G beating The Rams in 2019(demember-Xmas). I think you can see the good & the bad of the rotations. Smart ? Tanizalysing -lmao - I leave it there 4now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Getting shit for your views is message board 101 my man. Gotta be strong enough to endure it.

I agree with you on Hoecht but as I have mentioned before I think the holes on this defensive roster made the DC like the dutch boy plugging his fingers in the dike. So going forward we now have two legit young edge rushers. We have a good 3T in Turner. One or more DL pieces in this draft and then a safety and maybe an ILB and this defense should be much more fundamentally sound.

And that fundamental soundness should lead to better calls. Only real wildcard here is Shula but I think when you work with a guy like McVay you're going to be well prepared whether you like it or not as a DC. Because I suspect he's all in that shit.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
. Only real wildcard here is Shula but I think when you work with a guy like McVay you're going to be well prepared whether you like it or not as a DC. Because I suspect he's all in that shit.
Do you think Morris was on board with that or got a pass because he was a head coach, long time in league?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Do you think Morris was on board with that or got a pass because he was a head coach, long time in league?
Well of course we are guessing here since nobody knows how it really is, outside of some rumors that McVay is far more involved with the defense than people realize. But he worked for McVay. McVay was successful before Morris came onboard. So to me it's not about whether Morris was on board with it. I think it is how McVay is, for better or worse.