Michael Floyd still available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I say go for it....what do we have to lose?

Come on man. You don't see anything positive happening on this team? You don't want to give this staff a chance to build things there way. You want to bring in the same as we let go. He is the wr version of Grob for cryin out loud. Wow. What do we have to lose? I know last season was bad, but you really think we got nothing to lose!!!

You know, I picture a guy sitting over his keyboard laughing his ass off when you click Post.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Hmmm
http://arizonasports.com/story/9676...-michael-floyd-inactive-new-england-patriots/

Arizona Cardinals team president Michael Bidwill said Michael Floyd had a chance to remain with the team following his Monday morning arrest for a DUI.

Visiting with the Sunday pregame show on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, Bidwill said Floyd showed no remorse and did not inform the team of his arrest before the Cardinals found out through their own sources and then the media.

“Their story changed, there was no remorse, we ask him to be proactive in terms of his approach to this — (he was) unapologetic,” Bidwill said of the two days before Arizona cut Floyd on Wednesday. “I was not satisfied with how he handled it.

“He certainly could’ve played it a lot differently,” Bidwill added. “We wanted to give him an opportunity to address his issues. How this whole set of circumstances (unfolded), I was just disappointed about how it played out.”

Bidwill said that the Cardinals asked Floyd to address some of the issues but the response was not what they were looking for.

“We asked him to proactively address this, we had multiple conversations with him, with his agent, they just didn’t want to do that,” Bidwill said. “We decided, you know what, we’re moving on.

“I hope he gets healthy. I like him personally. He’s a great kid. I was really disappointed with how he handled this and you know, how he was handling his approach to the game, his approach to conditioning and approach to things, and I think it was affecting him, some of his issues were affecting him on the field.”

Asked if the cutting of Floyd has a larger message that the current Cardinals should look at, Bidwill said, “Make smarter decisions and when you’re in the National Football League, pay attention to your profession seven days a week.”

Floyd will have to wait at least another week before he makes his former team regret cutting him.

The New England Patriots listed Floyd as inactive for the team’s Week 15 showdown with the Denver Broncos.

New England picked him up off waivers on Thursday.

Floyd had 33 receptions for 446 yards and four touchdowns with the Cardinals this season.

or do you believe

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...oyd-responds-to-critics-apologizes-for-arrest

Well, Floyd responded again, which should hopefully put a bow on this entire situation on ESPN Radio:

“Random people just say the most crazy things, probably most of them were Arizona people,” he said. “They just think I’m not sorry for what I did, or I disrespected Arizona. All I can say is I made a mistake. I’m sorry for what I did. I’m moving forward. I think some people didn’t want me to be successful. I think that’s just life. I think there are a lot of people out there that don’t want people to succeed. You just have to make the best of it. For me, I got on a team that loved me and I was actually successful.”

“I made a dumb decision to drive,” Floyd said. “I thought I was OK and I fell asleep and I think the whole world knows what happened after that. It’s a dumb decision by an individual, you learn from it and move on.”

I get it...I think he had a couple incidents at ND.....Okay...when do we allow a young adult to move on? Not on his terms, but ours???
Is floyd this guy? \/
http://www.flowsports.co/nfl/news/michael-floyd-discusses-lifestyle-changes-since-joining-patriots
Or this guy?
http://www.twincities.com/2012/10/1...-learning-from-larry-fitzgerald-on-off-field/
basically, the guy "acting" like he learned his lesson....learned from fitz, all the while boozing his career away????
As soon as a guy starts saying They don't want me to be successful, he is out of here. None of his failures is his fault. I can't stand that shit. Shit does happen to good people, but more often than not, bad shit happens because you put yourself there. He wasn't successful cause he made choices that made it that way. As the warden in Cool Hand Luke says, "That's the way he wants it. That's the way he get's it."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As soon as a guy starts saying They don't want me to be successful, he is out of here. None of his failures is his fault. I can't stand that crap. crap does happen to good people, but more often than not, bad crap happens because you put yourself there. He wasn't successful cause he made choices that made it that way. As the warden in Cool Hand Luke says, "That's the way he wants it. That's the way he get's it."
This is one of the biggest things I read from Cardinals fans too. After his DUI in Arizona Bidwell went to talk to him and Floyd apparently kept deflecting and blaming his DUI on others and wouldn't and apparently still hasn't taken responsibility for his actions.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think we have enough young talent to be successful this year and I definately don't want a known problem taking targets from woods, tavon, kupp, gurley, or our 2 stud TE s.

Just another name player with alot of baggage who will make his next team regret the move.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Now, I could see fisher signing floyd in the hope that boras could pause from his unwarranted, fraternity like hazing of his franchise qb, to somehow get this blame shifting prick to produce in one of the worst offenses on record, but thank God mcvay knows better. I doubt he entertained the notion even for a moment, and his staff probably knew better than to mention the possibility.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Even when Floyd tells his side of the story he looks bad. 90 days clean only to accidently consume alcohol with five days left on his sentence.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mbucha-tea-contained-alcohol/#comment-5682511

Michael Floyd statement says he was unaware Kombucha tea contains alcohol
Posted by Charean Williams on June 16, 2017, 6:35 PM EDT
482857018-e1482422166655.jpg
Getty Images
Michael Floyd released a statement through his agent, blaming his positive test on Kombucha tea. The statement says the receiver was unaware the drink contains alcohol.

As part of the conditions of his house arrest, Floyd was barred from drinking alcohol. He was arrested for DUI in Arizona in December, when police found him passed out behind the wheel of his car. He was subsequently cut by the Cardinals.

Floyd’s statement reads:

“Michael Floyd started his 96-day home monitoring on March 13, 2017. During this time period, Michael was tested a minimum of six times per day. For the first 90 days, Michael’s blood alcohol content was 0.0 for all of his 500 plus tests.

On June 10, 2017, Michael watched movies at his place of residence until 3:00 a.m. During that time, he drank several bottles of kombucha tea drinks, unaware that the drinks contain alcohol.

On June 11, 2017, at 5:30 a.m., Michael was tested and his blood alcohol content was .055. Michael was tested again at 5:54 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was down to .045. Michael was tested again at 6:23 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was .044. He then went back to sleep and missed a test at 6:33 a.m.

Michael was five days away from the end of his home monitoring. Prior to and after this incident, Michael has not had any alcohol whatsoever since the start of his home monitoring. Unfortunately, the kombucha teas that Michael did drink resulted in a positive blood alcohol content reading. As a result, the Court wishes to hear from Michael on June 26. At that time, Michael will have an opportunity to explain how this unfortunate test result happened.”

tempests

Hall of Fame
As soon as a guy starts saying They don't want me to be successful, he is out of here. None of his failures is his fault. I can't stand that crap. crap does happen to good people, but more often than not, bad crap happens because you put yourself there. He wasn't successful cause he made choices that made it that way. As the warden in Cool Hand Luke says, "That's the way he wants it. That's the way he get's it."
5AZIca6N.jpg

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Maybe we could try out Johnny Football while we're at it. The two of them would be great on and off the field for the new LA Rams. Real salt of the earth type move that would be.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sounds like he thought it was 90 days and he was clear to drink. Timing is too coincidental.

Just such a waste. To be an average NFL player is to be an exceptional athlete with tremendous gifts. Squandering that is inexcusable.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Come on man. You don't see anything positive happening on this team? You don't want to give this staff a chance to build things there way. You want to bring in the same as we let go. He is the wr version of Grob for cryin out loud. Wow. What do we have to lose? I know last season was bad, but you really think we got nothing to lose!!!

You know, I picture a guy sitting over his keyboard laughing his ass off when you click Post.
How can one see positives, and we haven't played ONE GAME? What the hell are you talking about? Every media outlet, scout, and players say we are bereft in wide receiver talent. He is the same as who? Who did we have that had an alcohol problem? Wr version of G-Rob....what does that mean? I see nothing to lose in bringing players in to compete. Especially if they have more talent than what we have. And not just last season was bad, this team hasn't had a winning season in 14 years....Where have you been? Oh, worrying about guys with potential not being coached to succeed. Gotcha.

I do laugh a lot when I come in here...you be surprised at whose comments bring me the most comedy.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How can one see positives, and we haven't played ONE GAME? What the hell are you talking about? Every media outlet, scout, and players say we are bereft in wide receiver talent. He is the same as who? Who did we have that had an alcohol problem? Wr version of G-Rob....what does that mean? I see nothing to lose in bringing players in to compete. Especially if they have more talent than what we have. And not just last season was bad, this team hasn't had a winning season in 14 years....Where have you been? Oh, worrying about guys with potential not being coached to succeed. Gotcha.

I do laugh a lot when I come in here...you be surprised at whose comments bring me the most comedy.

He is the same as who? Who did we have that had an alcohol problem? Wr version of G-Rob....what does that mean?

Grob and Floyd were both 1st round picks. Both dumped by the team that picked them. By the end of their time with the teams that picked them they both were not starting and were disappointments. Under achievers.

I see nothing to lose in bringing players in to compete. Especially if they have more talent than what we have.

I agree with this, but the Rams need to be selective. They can't bring just anyone. Maclin maybe, not Floyd. That would contradict what the staff is preaching.

And not just last season was bad, this team hasn't had a winning season in 14 years....Where have you been? Oh, worrying about guys with potential not being coached to succeed. Gotcha.

I have been here since the late 60s. Can't be more specific cause it was a long time ago. I have seen a lot of coaching changes and a lot of personnel moves. While I have been wrong ( Fisher, I should have seen the signs, winning percentage. Vermeil, thought he was out of coaching to long), this change shows promise. I think on offense there has been talent wasted and I like the moves made so far to fill holes. I see a plan. So while I have experienced similar pains and disappointments following the Rams. I have learned not to paint everything with my past disappointments and I try to view things with an open mind. So, I will give this change time and see if there plan works. In the mean time I will take a more positive outlook during my evaluation. Believe me, if our WRs look like shit, I will be wondering why we didn't try to get Maclin, but for now the staff gets a long rope.

By the way, I would probably consider under the wasted talent heading, Quick and G-Rob. If they had been taught how to be professional out of the gate, maybe things would have been different.

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
First of all, any athlete should research something before they drink it. Kombucha tea is on the cusp with what's considered alcoholic and non-alcoholic. It has less then .05% alcohol. Which means it doesn't have to be printed on the box other then the ingredients. Obviously he didn't read the label on it. Which still makes it his fault. Just drink water man.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First of all, any athlete should research something before they drink it. Kombucha tea is on the cusp with what's considered alcoholic and non-alcoholic. It has less then .05% alcohol. Which means it doesn't have to be printed on the box other then the ingredients. Obviously he didn't read the label on it. Which still makes it his fault. Just drink water man.
In order to blow the alcohol level he did to get this latest suspension he'd have had to drink so much of this tea that he'd have gotten sick and vomited it back up. This Kambucha excuse is as weak as the alcohol content in the tea.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
In order to blow the alcohol level he did to get this latest suspension he'd have had to drink so much of this tea that he'd have gotten sick and vomited it back up. This Kambucha excuse is as weak as the alcohol content in the tea.
I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. But you have a good point. Especially for a person who's a heavy drinker, you know he was downing tall boys and bombers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Zimmer said he also told Floyd: "If I find out you're lying to me, I'm going to cut you""

Zimmer looks foolish here.
Kind of like going home and finding his woman in bed with another guy and believing the dude was just the mattress inspector

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
If Michael Floyd has an alcohol problem, then he has my sympathies, it isn't always in a person's control to just 'stop'. He needs support and advice at all steps. Has he been to rehab? Doesn't his agent think he should be taking better care of his charge?

As @Legatron4 mentioned he should have read the label, but as @OldSchool said the volumes that would have to be consumed would be massive. It does sound like he thought his test period was over and fell off the wagon - thats a shame because going 90 days dry, the 'craving' should have gone. But if he was staying away from alcohol on his own, without the assistance of a trained counsellor then you don't really know what his state of mind was in after 90 days...