Merits of Cook and Possibilities Questions/Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Cook is a perfect example of why you do not base a guys second contract off of "potential".

1. He is a TE so I will only compare him to TE's. He is one of those 2nd/3rd tier guys, flashes talent but always ends the year with the same stats (As discussed above). He also is one of those painful to replace guys - statistically most guys you draft will be worse (even if they have high potential), but he is never going to be great.... (similar to the condrum Dallas has had for years with Romo).

2. I assume Kendrick - you have to use a TE weapon or else those defenders go elsewhere - the fact is he draws LB coverage, without the "threat" (real or not) our run game will face more pressure. you can only really draw those defenders by still having that type of weapon out there.

3. TE - but the offensive sort which is similar to a slot receiver...just the way the game has evolved...

4. Everyone performs better with an elite QB, but cook would still be what he is...would he see a bump in #'s likely, he might even try harder on a top tier team, but when that is the case those guys burn out, the drive isn't natural for them, and they eventually slide back to normal personality - which would drive the coach/QB nuts...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Question 1 - Would another player with the same opportunities given Cook have performed at a similar level, since he is currently our 2nd-leading receiver (TOTAL OPINION QUESTION)?
No. they would have out-performed him. If you give say, Bailey the opportunity that Cook has had, we'll be talking way different statistics. Less drops, more yards, more TDs.

Question 2 - Who would you like to see get his targets, as he has the most on the team this year?
I'd say, any of our receivers, but I'd like to see Stedman Bailey used more in the slot, as I've said on other threads, I think he is Danny Amendola 2.0, the same 110% effort, more speed, better hands, and better durability.

Question 3 - Do you think of Cook as a TE or a big slot receiver?
I'd say he's an underachieving TE.

Question 4 - Do you think Cook could perform better in a different system/with a different coach/with a different QB/etc?Possibly, but I'm more inclined to say NO, his attitude is his biggest weakness, he needs a coach that can fire him up, and I don't think thats Fisher. As others have eluded I hate his side line attitude - I lost all respect for him after this: