Memento's Final Shot at a 2015 NFL Draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hayes and Sims were both third day picks as well. Fourth and sixth round respectively. Just like Trail and Delaire. Fourth and sixth round respectively. Plus we have Ethan Westbrooks to pick up some left end snaps while Trail acclimates to the NFL. Delaire can play special teams (taking Sims' spot).

Sambrailo has a soft body, yeah. He can still start at left guard while getting a year in an NFL weight room. Dawson's speed isn't the question, unless you're talking Combine times (and Burflict was worse, so...yeah). Greene is easily an improvement over Quick. I wouldn't make an Isaac Bruce comparison lightly. And that's why I traded down to take Peat. He's the rare guy in the top of this class who has a high floor. Probably the only tackle in this class with a high floor. And I always had a good feeling about Peat.

And I know you don't mean to offend. I appreciate what you're saying, I honestly do. It would be a very dull world if everyone agreed on everything, you know. :)

The thing that bothers me though is that Hayes and Simms are very good at what they do. I could see trading them if their was signs of them dropping off but I don't see it. With Rookies they are best to see how they play before ditching proven producers. I don't like giving up the sure thing....a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

With Trail, teams won't even be certain where to play him until they get him in camp. My bet is he is a TE right now.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The thing that bothers me though is that Hayes and Simms are very good at what they do. I could see trading them if their was signs of them dropping off but I don't see it. With Rookies they are best to see how they play before ditching proven producers. I don't like giving up the sure thing....a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

With Trail, teams won't even be certain where to play him until they get him in camp. My bet is he is a TE right now.

They are good players right now. They're also on the wrong side of thirty by the time the season starts, they're free agents in 2016, and they're in line to receive quite a bit of cash from other teams who will be willing to overpay to get a potential starter and a number three end. Add that to Chris Long becoming a cap casualty at the end of 2016 (age, salary, cap room being the primary reasons), and all of a sudden, you're down three defensive ends with many more needs other than that. So it's two rookies who are going to be the fourth and fifth defensive ends in 2015 or three rookies at defensive end - including one who will start - in 2016. That's my reasoning.

I'll be honest: Trail's best position is at defensive end. He has much better potential there. He could be a nice number two tight end, an All-Pro starter at left end with Willie McGinest's skillset, or he could bust at either position. High risk, but for a fourth round pick, that's what you're probably going to get. Might as well shoot for the moon.

lockdnram21

Legend
The draft is ok. But if Quick is healthy he will start over Bailey. He was better in t he slot. He might take some of Austin snaps

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The draft is ok. But if Quick is healthy he will start over Bailey. He was better in t he slot. He might take some of Austin snaps

That's the million dollar question, though. Quick's shoulder was apparently like "spaghetti" when they opened it. He was fantastic in limited time, but counting on him to be healthy is a longshot at best. And honestly? I think that Bailey's earned that starting spot more than Quick at this point.

lockdnram21

Legend
That's the million dollar question, though. Quick's shoulder was apparently like "spaghetti" when they opened it. He was fantastic in limited time, but counting on him to be healthy is a longshot at best. And honestly? I think that Bailey's earned that starting spot more than Quick at this point.
I don't think so Bailey had 1 good game and was covered most of the time. Imo he's more of a Welker Amendola slot receiver. If they feel Quick want be back in time. Think they pick Parker or Dgb or Breshad P to be opposite Britt