Media Fallout: Rams Positioned for Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think we're stronger underneath. But we don't have anyone with Gibbs' threat, just in terms of raw speed. LaPorta is a bigger Kupp basically. And despite Kupp & Nacua's excellence neither are field stretchers. Speed is our achilles heel with our pass game weapons.
Nacua ran by a 4.36 corner and they have Tutu.

I think they have enough to stretch the D… now that they have a line and run game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I think Colin has it right. We are a good team, but we have flaws. But we are also very well coached. McVay is doing great work this year. And I have to say, I've been one of Raheem's harshest critics around here, but when you look what he lost in the offseason and was given to work with in this one, it's undeniable that he's doing his best work with the Rams this season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

His vids are always great. One note is that Robinson does a lot of subtle shit in a good way and it's part of the reason why Stafford clearly trusts him.

Scramble drill has been there consistently since he's gotten more snaps. The guy has a great feel for that, straight good instincts. Also the hands. That contested catch underneath was superb and important in that drive. And the out pattern where Stafford sort of winged it out there he did not hesitate to attack the ball the very instant he sees it, which let me tell you if that had been let's say Jefferson he would have waited on it and the DB likely picks it. Call it great coaching over time maybe but Robinson has excellent instincts.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nacua ran by a 4.36 corner and they have Tutu.

I think they have enough to stretch the D… now that they have a line and run game.
I'm not going to position myself where I have to argue against our boys. But I think, once again, that speed out there would be something that would greatly boost this offense. And it's not gonna happen until the offseason, but I am confident they'll go get it either in FA or the draft.

If Robinson can stick around on the cheap that would be great. But if they plan to take a shot on a WR in FA then they'll let him leave. Plus I think Robinson deserves to get paid by someone and I wish him well in that. I don't want to see the Rams paying him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

douche - not even going to go there.It’s funny how the bandwagon around here steps in.

I saw a lot of potential & The Rams have always had the core players.You could look at last season & tell the possible talent.I can’t tell anyone I told you so,but I drink the Kool-aide pretty good.

Sort of upset at how Sean Mcvay has been in game & his 2nd half’s.Until last season his track record was AMAZING!!!

I wanted to go to Vegas to play the season total & would have thrown down HUGE!! What I couldn’t tell anyone was that The moves The Rams made were going to be so Drastic early.

Cam Akers as a Rams RB ends up being a bust.Just like Humpries I’d have drafted a Johnathan Taylor & even Hurts. Yeah the trade up for Taylor & his injuries would have been scary ?

I did & posted about the KID at training camp saying Kyren Williams was going to be The Rams starting RB over Cam Akers his rookie year.Seeing Willliams like say Halen Ramsey rehabbing.His rabbit like moves is in a box 10 yards by 15 yards & coaches playing like Inside LBers was & will always be impressive to me.

Once the season started we as Rams Fans could see Kyren Williams was The Man !! Cam Akers showed like he in 2022 that he was a ME PLAYER!! Van Jefferson showed that as well.He actually showed that his rookie season when he couldn’t started over Josh Reynolds & sat the bench.

Impressive has been Robinson waiting his turn.He has been the Ultimate professional!! I could go down the list!!

This 2023 DRAFT Class is something I couldn’t have predicted! In away you could,but not at this extent & Dotson.

Anyways with all said & done & still a little PISSED The Rams aren’t 1 game more over .500.This team has played above & beyond there record.
I’ve been reflecting back though to The NINER’s in 2021 when The Rams could have eliminated them.That lossing to them at SOFI was a blessing in disguise.

I wanted to go back to NY a couple times.Just didn’t plan it right & that will be The Rams biggest game of the season once again the next game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haven't seen these apologies if they were posted already.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Holy shit! I knew the offense was firing on all cylinders but wouldn't have imagined these numbers.
Yes,I agree. That’s the best she’s looked in a long time. But when it comes to make-up, I’ve always been a less is more guy. She usually looks overdone. She got it right on that video.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not going to position myself where I have to argue against our boys. But I think, once again, that speed out there would be something that would greatly boost this offense. And it's not gonna happen until the offseason, but I am confident they'll go get it either in FA or the draft.

If Robinson can stick around on the cheap that would be great. But if they plan to take a shot on a WR in FA then they'll let him leave. Plus I think Robinson deserves to get paid by someone and I wish him well in that. I don't want to see the Rams paying him.
Do you think Robinson will get some big offers this offseason? He wasn’t in high demand last year. I guess some coach may think they need to jump all over him, but I hope not. Like you said, his experience has been invaluable to this offense. He’s awesome as a number three receiver and this team has lacked that since Brandon Cooks left. I don’t think Demarcus could be a one or two anywhere, so I don’t see anyone paying him big money. I hope that the Rams can keep him.

I also think they need a speed element. A first round receiver is a possibility. I’m still hoping for DT Newton but they’ve likely played themselves out of that range. There are a lot of good receivers in this draft. Someone who can really stretch the field would open this offense up even more.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams look back in a big way. Here's how they've done it​

Charles McDonald

Charles McDonald
NFL writer
Sat, Dec 23, 2023, 6:05 AM GMT+11·4 min read

The Los Angeles Rams might have attained the vaunted title that people in sports media love to throw around this time of year: the team that nobody wants to play.

After a 30-22 win over the New Orleans Saints, which didn’t feel as close as the final score indicates, the Rams put a firm grasp on their playoff chances, moving to the sixth seed in the NFC with a red-hot offense and a defense that’s coming into its own. The Rams were a wild card coming into the year, considering Matthew Stafford’s health and Sean McVay’s near retirement, and now they could be the most dangerous team in the wild-card round.

Once again, McVay has found the next evolution of what his offense is going to look like, from the super-heavy play-action days with Jared Goff and Todd Gurley to a unit that relies less on play-action but still takes hacks down the field with in-breakers and sideline shots thanks to Stafford’s arm talent. Kyren Williams has turned into the kind of workhorse back that McVay likes to have in his offenses, and the Rams have moved to a more gap-heavy run game instead of one that’s outside zone-based. McVay’s willingness to tinker and play around with his offense instead of staying steadfast in one philosophy has put the Rams in position to evolve.

Matthew Stafford headshot
Matthew Stafford
QB - LAR - #9

2023 - 2024 SEASON
Yds
Y/G
Comp Pct
TD
QBRat

Of course, the singular force that is Stafford’s right arm allows for the Rams to run one of the most high-difficulty passing games in the league. Just go back and watch some of the throws Stafford made against the Ravens to keep his team in the game while Lamar Jackson toyed with their defense. Stafford is damn near a one-of-one arm talent in a league that features a ton of talented passers right now. His expertise and physical ability allow the Rams to run one of the more unique passing games in a league that has embraced shorter passing concepts.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Rams love to throw to the middle of the field on deeper passing concepts when they need to pick up yards in bunches. According to RBSDM.com, Stafford ranks 12th in average depth of target (8.0 yards), and his willingness to make tough throws has allowed an unlikely star to be born on their offense.
Rookie wide receiver Puka Nacua has immediately become one of the best receivers, on pace to break Jaylen Waddle’s record for receptions by a rookie. His 1,327 receiving yards rank second in the entire league going into the rest of Week 16, and his mark of 88.5 yards per game ranks seventh in the league.

Fifth-round pick Puka Nacua has been a major steal at wide receiver, one of a number of good Rams draft picks on Days 2 and 3 the past few years. (AP Photo/Ashley Landis)

Fifth-round pick Puka Nacua has been a major steal at wide receiver, one of a number of good Rams draft picks on Days 2 and 3 the past few years. (AP Photo/Ashley Landis)More
It isn’t just Nacua with whom the Rams have had success with younger players. Williams, offensive lineman Steve Avila, linebacker Byron Young, defensive lineman Kobie Turner, tight end Davis Allen, safety Jordan Fuller and others represent the success they've had drafting outside the first round. (The Rams have also not picked in the first round since their selection of Goff in 2016.) Their draft strategy of “let’s take a million swings on Day 2 and Day 3” has actually worked out in a big way. They made 14 selections in the 2023 draft alone! It gives legitimacy to their plan of being a top-heavy roster that fills in the blanks with cheaper talent through the latter portions of the draft.

All in all, the Rams are back — in a big way. It turns out that last season was just a blip on the radar for them, and they have a renewed sense of hope for the future. Stafford looks like he can play for a long time, they’ve restocked their young talent, and McVay has the offense floating. They probably don’t have the horses to take down the 49ers this season, but with a strong offseason in 2024 (one that might finally feature one of their own first-round draft picks), the Rams can get back to being title contenders in the NFC.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That old woman with Foolio is a dipshit. "imagine if MAHOMES had this offensive talent!!"???? Wtf is she even talking about??? Stafford is playing at a higher lever than Kermit is these days and Kermit has the best TE in the league.
She’s a dipshit. Who ever thought anyone would want to listen to here. Gregg Cossell picked up on Mahomes troubles through film study. He’s not comfortable in the pocket because of his offensive line, especially at tackle. He has some legitimate weapons. This woman doesn’t have a clue.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think Robinson will get some big offers this offseason? He wasn’t in high demand last year. I guess some coach may think they need to jump all over him, but I hope not. Like you said, his experience has been invaluable to this offense. He’s awesome as a number three receiver and this team has lacked that since Brandon Cooks left. I don’t think Demarcus could be a one or two anywhere, so I don’t see anyone paying him big money. I hope that the Rams can keep him.

I also think they need a speed element. A first round receiver is a possibility. I’m still hoping for DT Newton but they’ve likely played themselves out of that range. There are a lot of good receivers in this draft. Someone who can really stretch the field would open this offense up even more.
No not big offers. But maybe big enough to where we don't want to waste the cap space on him. I'm excited about how he is playing. But there is a difference in that and thinking he needs to be around for the longer term. Way I see it is Stafford has a year or two after this run. So the better potency we can build around him the better. And currently we have to drive the field which is a tough way to win. They're good at it. He's playing lights out too. But why not add speed to take the top off and push this offense into that rarity range.

Also the Rams are always very tough to figure. And this year they can go different ways. So the different ways they can do it is fun to consider.