MEDIA FALLOUT: Rams beat Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
—some of those OL scores are surprising. I thought Avila played much better than his score and certainly better than Havs, whose numbers are nearly identical.
—the Browns need to play better next week. Those are awful numbers (if correct).
You’re not wrong. I’ll give you an example run play where Wag came up 7 gap and hit our RB for a loss.

Play was designed for Avila to block the LB in 4 yards behind center and didn’t notice the run blitz filling the area he just vacated. PFF may see that as a whiff by Avila. I think that wasn’t a great scheme call by McVay/LaFleur especially against a savvy vet that plays into his strengths.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
—some of those OL scores are surprising. I thought Avila played much better than his score and certainly better than Havs, whose numbers are nearly identical.
—the Browns need to play better next week. Those are awful numbers (if correct).
Agreed on Avila. But PFF scores are always a bit all over the place. What really matters is they played well enough for Stafford to get into his groove. They were potent enough in the run game to make Seattle play the run. They were consistent enough in pass sets for the QB to sustain a ton of drives. Those truths are far greater than any score someone is going to attach to a player. Or whether any of us didn't like one or more of their performances.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If they win next week I will be right with you. If they don't though, I won't be throwing them under the bus either.
I certainly won’t either. I look at it this way:
Going 0-2 is one thing, but opening the season with two divisional losses, well… that’s why I’ve been saying since the schedule came out the Rams needed to steal one of the first 2 games. Having done that, they’re playing with house $$ next week.

As much as I kept envisioning ways the Rams would upset the seahawks , I admit I didn’t see this one coming. They didn’t even get a turnover.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven't watched the all 22 yet but dude looked ACTIVE. Yes he's still raw, but 5 pressures tied AD for most on the team. Very impressive NFL debut.
Agreed. Talented + Coachable + Good Work Ethic should equate into good things.

Also and btw while watching the McVay show it occurred to me that all these leader types they brought in was a good plan in building a resilient group. Because these guys didn't flinch in a hostile division environment. It was really nice to see what almost looked like a veteran team. Crazy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Petie looked butt hurt during his press conference, after the game. I loved it! Like I have said in the past put a skirt on his arse and let him run up and down the sideline.
He looked more dumbfounded imo
Pete was classy in his postgame and gave the Rams and McVay plenty of props.
Yes he did. I still loved the bewildered look on his face while he did it.
Never had a problem with Peter. Other than normal hate for anything to do with the Shecocks.
I really dislike the guy. Not a Belichick or Shanahan dislike but I think Pete is really fake.