McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I think a lot of us see the same thing in McVay.
A guy that has a tough time giving up control and delegating.

He is a brilliant coach, but he needs to let others pick up some of the slack.
Which is something he may be unable to do.
He seems to have that "I'm responsible in the end", so he wants to make sure every facet is covered. That's what gets a guy to "upset with a loss - not happy enough with a win".......because that next game comes so quickly!!

He's got to find that balance where he realizes, no matter how much he prepares them, once the game starts it's on the players (outside of the playcalling and even then Stafford can change it).

Prepare them and then enjoy watching them execute. This BS 'I didn't put them in a good position to win' just compounds it. Sometimes, perhaps 3 - 4 times a year, there's nothing else you can do for them (short of putting on the pads and playing), they just screw up...

They're human and NEWSFLASH --- so is he!

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Someone start a poll and ask "would you leave your job if you were burnt out and someone offered you 2x the $$$ for a 1/4 of the hours"...i wanna see who answers "no".
I have left a company, simply due to the conditions (though I didn't see it as "burn-out" - but could have been). Doing consulting you can end up with an endless line of managers - your own management if you work for a company that pimps you out -- and the clients management. After a few years of those warring factions, I left to go back in house, with a small pay cut.... (which I did not recover for almost 7 years).

But, that doesn't address the issue of 2X the pay.... and 1/4 of the hours... I'd be looking at that offer LOOOOONG and hard... and probably have taken it!! :unsure: :woozy2:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If McVay stays, it sure seems like he needs (for his health & sanity) someone with HC experience who is strong offensively and that mcvay is confident in enough to not be so overly focused on every little thing. Reich seems like a good option to help him potentially.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it seems weird that so many coaches can last for many years without burning out
Like all of them?
Dick Vermeil was an emotional basket case in Philly and is pretty much the only comparison, and its not a flattering comparison at all.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
It was a tough and challenging season after we sold out (we did do just that) to win a Super Bowl at home. It was hard on our coach, you could see it.
This conversation happens every year it seems.
I think our coach will stay and will do it right investing in the O line. Bad O line play is what got his star quarterback beat up and hurt.
He traded a young talented quarterback who won games and got us to a Super Bowl, There is no time left to mess around with a sub par O line with a quarterback of Staffords age and stature.
McVay knows down deep inside how good he has it. The RAMS are one of the best, if not the best organization in the NFL. He has the best stadium and a owner with deep pockets who will let him do what it takes to win. That is all a coach can ask.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I mentioned two years ago when every year coaches were leaving or being promoted etc. That maybe just maybe not all were going for that reason some may have felt a certain way like he was to controlling hands-on intense whatever. I think it's a lot of things rolled into this I don't think he is tired he has time to workout and keep in shape I think it's he knows he needs to find a way to delegate and take the burden off for a better quality of life or it could be that same control gone to far the other end of the spectrum as good a guy as he seems to be he may want total control on everything.

I love the guy I tend to believe he is honest and wants to look inside himself to find that balance but I could be wrong and it could be complete opposite if I don't get my way I will go. This is getting so big so strange just WOW.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
it seems weird that so many coaches can last for many years without burning out

now in the case of vermiel if i remember correctly he put a cot in his office and slept there so i can see him burning out
I wonder if he has OCD and when he gets home football is all that he thinks about and in turn its affecting his marriage or other aspects of his life. (sorry if this has been posted already didn't read all 39 pages)

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
1st... Those who are diagnosing McVay medically through their screens are the real wonders of the universe. Maybe astro projection is real... but I still need to verify their medical degrees. Wowza

I remember an article from years ago on the Sarcophagus known as Jerry Jones and his unique way of marketing his franchise. He believed that getting his franchise in the headlines for anything possible was how to maintain the ridiculous America's Team title. He created "stories" to make sure that his team didn't get outshined by others... especially when his cowgirls were no longer riding Jimmy Johnson's coattails with winning. The truth of the "stories" wasn't important and bad news type stories actually created more excitement than good news. Anyway... he plays the media like fiddle. Purposely created headlines to make sure his now losing team stayed in the spotlight as much as possible. He built a monster of a franchise getting free advertising like this and he still does it today. Remember... the truth of the story isn't important and bad news stories draw more attention than positive ones do. This is the strategy he sticks to... and you simply cannot deny it's effectiveness.

This drama "story" surrounding McVay makes me think that our Rams are employing some of the Sarcophagus' marketing strategies with a more modern and LA kind of Kardashian reality TV spin. It certainly is keeping our current Super Bowl Champion status franchise in the headlines everywhere even though we are not in the playoffs and have been basically irrelevant most of this season. Right up in the headlines with real meaningful playoff games that are about to go down. It's the "bad news" kind of drama too so it's even that much more effective.

I'm starting to strongly believe that this unreal speculation that is flying in from every direction may have been put out there on purpose... but is it really McVay waffling about his coaching future???... Well, it doesn't matter if the goal was to create as much buzz as possible for the defending Super Bowl Champion with the worst ever record for their followup season. Everything on the Kardashians is real right.

I'm just gonna stick to that belief until I hear something other than the unending speculation, click bait, and bullshit that is currently all we have to work with.
I had to google "sarcophagus" and chuckled.

Mr Kroneke doesn't seem the type to try and emulate anything the Dallas Hayseeds do.

This situation stinks to high Heaven and the smell just gets worse the longer it drags on.

Vermeil got a "wake up call" about how things were going to be moving forward (Martz brought in) after a lousy season and prior to the Ram's 1st SB.

Perhaps McVay needs one as well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I had to google "sarcophagus" and chuckled.

Mr Kroneke doesn't seem the type to try and emulate anything the Dallas Hayseeds do.

This situation stinks to high Heaven and the smell just gets worse the longer it drags on.

Vermeil got a "wake up call" about how things were going to be moving forward (Martz brought in) after a lousy season and prior to the Ram's 1st SB.

Perhaps McVay needs one as well.

I wouldn't be too confident that the 2 owners in the league who own the 2 largest stadiums on the planet don't share notes with each other. Sarcophagus certainly was Stan's biggest supporter and cheerleader when Stan was trying to get the OK to move the team back to LA. Like him or not, Sarcophagus is clearly a brilliant businessman. There's nothing wrong with using successful strategies that you've learned from your enemies.

I don't like the idea of doing anything that the cowgirls do... but if it works... you would be crazy not to.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Everyone need to realize "Perception is 9/10th of the law."

In other words the truth matters less than what the general perception is.
Regardless of why Sean McVay's reasons, the perception seems to be falling in the category of leaving for the rebuild.

For example, if you're a married heterosexual male, you don't take women co-workers to one on one meetings or dinners.
Always have a witness co-worker or group setting, so that no "perception" of impropriety can be even considered.

Regardless of reality, if he leaves, it will probably be very difficult for organizations or players to trust him, because it does really look like he's bailing because the going got rough.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Everyone need to realize "Perception is 9/10th of the law."

In other words the truth matters less than what the general perception is.
Regardless of why Sean McVay's reasons, the perception seems to be falling in the category of leaving for the rebuild.

For example, if you're a married heterosexual male, you don't take women co-workers to one on one meetings or dinners.
Always have a witness co-worker or group setting, so that no "perception" of impropriety can be even considered.

Regardless of reality, if he leaves, it will probably be very difficult for organizations or players to trust him, because it does really look like he's bailing because the going got rough.
So I can't have a girlfriend with the wife on the side? Dammit lol

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
So I can't have a girlfriend with the wife on the side? Dammit lol
Being divorced with a wife that cheated... go ahead she might even be okay with it.
I turned down a few opportunities when I was married.
But that's me, I made a commitment (covenant) and stuck with it.

But if you don't want to be judged then don't give them anything to judge you on.
It's not what actually happened, what people think or see what happened actually counts more.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Being divorced with a wife that cheated... go ahead she might even be okay with it.

But if you don't want to be judged then don't give them anything to judge you on.
It's not what actually happened, what people think or see what happened actually counts more.
Sorry man I was too lazy to use blue font as I was only joking hahaha

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

Bruh, you missed the sarcasm/joke completely :laugh4:

Status
Not open for further replies.