McVay’s future as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Why? Assuming his plan all along was to coach two more seasons, why go through a tear down/rebuild if you can't see yourself getting back to the promised land?

Maybe he knows that he'd be a short-timer without the burn-the-candle-at-both-ends drive that took him this far, or worse, in a very unhealthy place working ridiculously long hours to just to hold back the erosion of his legacy.

I'm just guessing he's wired to try to coach and build a team to win SB's, and if you remove that possibility he knows that his motivation will suffer and the losses will feel a lot worse than the wins feel good.
I'm not referring to the burn out portion at all. I'm simply saying if he's like, I'm bailing because this team needs to be rebuilt and that's the ONLY reason, thats weak as fuck. I even said I don't think that's the reason but I guess I gotta repeat myself lol

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sean coulda kept his mouth shut until he made a decision, but no, he's gotta air it out to the media. Now rumors galore, players quitting if he's quitting players are retiring, he's taking a sabaticitcal, he has dementia, he's being admitted to a sanitarim, the Rams are being disbanded, yada yada, yada.

Sure wished he would have kept his mouth shut to the media til he and his family figured out what he's doing.

Of course everyone here at ROD would have to find something else to do.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Your personal opinion of him doesn't change what he does. Your dislike for his comments doesn't change what he does. He hates the Rams with a passion but that doesn't change what he does.
My dislike of him has zero impact on what his job is. Zero.

But, he's not a reporter, and there's a difference.

Media literacy is important and understanding the differences between the characters in the landscape and what they do is important.

It allows us to weigh information, based on where it comes from, and contextualize it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have a question for my Rams brethren: what is it that Demoff and Snead see in Morris?
I don't get it, what am I missing here?
Thanks for your answers..

~ArkyRamsFan~
Continuity. Teams seem to always make this mistake when they go in that direction.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I have a question for my Rams brethren: what is it that Demoff and Snead see in Morris?
I don't get it, what am I missing here?
Thanks for your answers..

~ArkyRamsFan~
What are the possible Scenarios?
1. McVay remains the Head Coach in 2023.
2. McVay steps aside, with no expectation to return to the Rams.
3. McVay steps aside, with the real possibility he returns in 2024.

Most of us probably agree that the Rams' Organization wants #1.

However, if that does not happen, what does the Rams' Organization prefer (#2 or #3)?

If it's #3, they almost have to promote from within. Who is a better option ... Morris, Brown, Henderson, DeCamillis?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
What are the possible Scenarios?
1. McVay remains the Head Coach in 2023.
2. McVay steps aside, with no expectation to return to the Rams.
3. McVay steps aside, with the real possibility he returns in 2024.

Most of us probably agree that the Rams' organization wants #1.

However, if that does not happen, what does the Rams' Organization prefer (#2 or #3)?

If it's #3, they almost have to promote from within. Who is a better option ... Morris, Brown, Henderson, DeCamillis?
I'd rather have Brown. He's inexperienced as a HC but seems like McVay was grooming him. Morris doesn't have a successful track record.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd rather have Brown. He's inexperienced as a HC but seems like McVay was grooming him. Morris doesn't have a successful track record.
I concur if the choice I between Brown & Morris, I would go with Thomas Brown too.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'd go with Shane Steichen.
He's shown the creativity and adaptability on offense that I think is critical for an organization, big picture.
Sure.. it helps that his front office absolutely stacked that roster.

I'm not giving up draft picks, so Payton is out... and none of the other candidates thrill me.

My second choice would probably be Frank Reich.

I don't want Morris, simply because this board would be overwhelmed with nonsense.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That's fine.

My focus is more on an internal vs. external hiring (should McVay step-away) because my guess is that the Rams' Organization wants him to eventually return (again, should he choose to step-away).

It's a choice of Shit-options. Kind of like going out-to-dinner, and the menu is all Vegan ... UGH.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta stop reading this thread. I get more and more disheartened every post. Nothing against you guys. Just feels like a kick in the nuts every time i read about the options.

Ellard80

Legend
Part of what is going on might be them seeing what happens with Raheem

If Raheem is going to take the reins while McVay takes time away - then it depends on Raheem's options.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I gotta stop reading this thread. I get more and more disheartened every post. Nothing against you guys. Just feels like a kick in the nuts every time i read about the options.
I don't recommend a Vegan dinner to lift your spirits.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My Preference would be Sean Patrick Payton as Head Coach, Vic Fangio as Defensive Coordinator, which Payton has communicated is on board to be his DC on his next staff.

As to the draft pick Rams give up, 2nd round pick 2024. There hopefully your gonads don't hurt too bad with this post.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My Preference would be Sean Patrick Payton as Head Coach, Vic Fangio as Defensive Coordinator, which Payton has communicated is on board to be his DC on his next staff.

As to the draft pick Rams give up, 2nd round pick 2024. There hopefully your gonads don't hurt too bad with this post.
Could we ask that Payton wear a paper bag over his head, or some other type of mask?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Could we ask that Payton wear a paper bag over his head, or some other type of mask?
Michael Myers Halloween GIF

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just thinking how "Friday the 13th" it would be for us Rams fans for coach McVay to announce he's calling it quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.