McVay's 4th and 1 call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
play call and cajones aside, lets give mad props to Brcyen Hopkins for sealing the edge on this play. Phenomenal!!
He lost his block. That play was going outside all the way but Hubbard beat him on the outside and forced Kupp to turn it up field. Fortunately it worked out. The DBs were leaning to the outside edge too allowing Kupp enough room to get the first and more.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
He lost his block. That play was going outside all the way but Hubbard beat him on the outside and forced Kupp to turn it up field. Fortunately it worked out. The DBs were leaning to the outside edge too allowing Kupp enough room to get the first and more.
Ahh, well, either way. If he doesn’t put himself between the defender and Kupp that was going no where. Still good on his part imo

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was a great call because he tried something different that nobody was expecting.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
It was a great call because it worked. It would've been stupid if it didn't work. But that is the darkest timeline. We SuperBowl champs babbyyyyy!

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I said go for it from the beginning. I also was yelling for jet sweeps all game. I'm just glad mcvay listened to me....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was classic McVay, a conservative play call that was incredibly aggressive at the same time
Thank god it worked.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
What a play call! Kupp always somehow gets a few yards after contact, so it really was just a great call. That said, jet sweeps have been very productive for us, but we have seemingly stopped calling them. I'm wondering if this play might have been the reasoning behind that. If a team rarely jet sweeps, but we know we are very effective at it, leave it out of the gameplan at end of season and use it when you absolutely have to have those yards to surprise the opponent. Hats off McVay

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I get so tired of people bitching about the play call every time a play doesn't work. Not every failed play is because of the play call. It is such an easy, lazy thing to do to just yell, "What a terrible play call" after a play doesn't work. Sometimes it is failed execution by just one offensive player. Sometimes it is a great play by one defensive player. Sometimes it is just the right defensive alignment or change to a rolled coverage. There are so many things that can cause a play to fail.

And another thing. Those Game Day threads are awful. I always go back and read them after the games (never during the game). But man, the same bunch of Chicken Littles every game. Fuck, it is exhausting listening to the whining, bitching, and the "Game Over" posts every time the other team makes a play. People saying things like, Quit Running the ball, it isn't working; but you CAN NOT pass the ball for every play for 3 quarters. You have to keep the linebacker honest. If you give up on the run DLs just pin their ears back in pass rush mode, and the LBs drop in to coverage or blitz every play. It is so much harder to move the ball through the air if you give up on the run. But EVERY game day thread if we aren't running the ball well, we get "QUIT RUNNING THE BALL."

God damn people, stay positive and have just a touch of faith in YOUR team. I don't know how people get through life as such pessimists. It has to be miserable. Like an old friend of mine used to say, "Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about."

OK, getting off my Soap Box...

What a game, and what an amazing call by McVey. Saved the Jet Sweep until it was absolutely necessary. Running to the middle was not going to get us that first down. Running a wide zone run, wasn't going to get us that first down. Perfect call, and a God Damn AMAZING Drive to win the Super Bowl. One of the great, clutch drives in the history of the NFL. Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Play of the game.

As soon as he handed it off to Kupp I was so relieved. 1st down all the way.

My only concern there was that we were gonna get a sneak.

Out loud to the TV: "Please don't run a QB sneak!"