McVay was more upset after this game than...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he doesn't look so comfortable....not nervous, but not finding where to go....only opinion, I am not sure.

Good defenses usually do that to qbs.

I'm sure he'll be better against the cards. Look at what Harvard did to them.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
tough crowd...

The Jags are a top 10 D, top 3 D on allowing passing plays. We did ok, we won, yes I wish we'd have scored more on O - but correct me if I'm wrong - it was a WIN!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without those special teams scores though, we lose that game.

You never know about that, because all of the variables change (Butterfly Effect)...Our team is a tough out, no matter what, and who knows what plays would have been called differently involving Kupp and Wood in trying to get scores? (without the special teams TD's). We are a good team bro, no matter if we struggle in certain areas against good teams like JAX, we can beat anybody.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
I think the game plan and approach to the Jags defense was perfect.

As someone stated, once we got the lead there was a huge commitment to running the ball and only making safe throws. It was the correct approach.

This is a game where you say stats be damned. They are not scoring on defense. Bortles must beat us.

The approach proved true.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
tough crowd...

The Jags are a top 10 D, top 3 D on allowing passing plays. We did ok, we won, yes I wish we'd have scored more on O - but correct me if I'm wrong - it was a WIN!
To you, and a few others:
Well, last year people were very happy to be 3-1. Some others saw something different, and they were 1-11 right. I am not a casual fan, but near addict level. I actually study the others teams...yes, study. So, my input is based on that thinking. You are more relaxed, cool, I honor you---don't go changing....and honor me by not saying "you are so ungrateful, they are 4-2, relax" ---I ain't the relaxin' type :)
with love mon frere

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, last year people were very happy to be 3-1. Some others saw something different, and they were 1-11 right. I am not a casual fan, but near addict level. I actually study the others teams...yes, study. So, my input is based on that thinking. You are more relaxed, cool, I honor you---don't go changing....and honor me by not saying "you are so ungrateful, they are 4-2, relax" ---I ain't the relaxin' type :)
with love mon frere

I remember that. I kept saying last year's 3-1 start was an unsustainable Emirates and many here didn't like it. Gotta read between the lines.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
with love mon frere

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a casual fan, as your message seemed to insinuate - haven't been since I was a kid - which is a long time ago. I have books and books of stats that I collected in the 80's, pre nfl.com ;)

My message was to the masses, not just to you. A win is a win, be it by 1 point, or a blow out by 40. My point was that the Jaguars were no slouches, and to win a tough road game isn't anything to be too critical of. I do look on the positive in things, our ST won this game with outstanding play, Our D can win games, our O can win games - imagine what this team COULD be if and when all 3 phases of the game click.

In regards to the 3 and 1 start last year, I think a lot of fans were expecting the wheels to come off at some point - we just didn't have an O / OC that could deliver.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
To be perfectly honest, I'm not a casual fan, as your message seemed to insinuate - haven't been since I was a kid - which is a long time ago. I have books and books of stats that I collected in the 80's, pre nfl.com ;)

My message was to the masses, not just to you. r.
Gotcha...ya, I know you said it for all.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just because certain people want to actually...ya know...enjoy a win and a 4-2 start, doesn't make them any more "casual" of a fan than someone who wants to pace the floor and bite their nails worrying about it. I have been a borderline psycho for this team since the late 70's, and while I realize this team is not necessarily ready to make a playoff run yet (I think I predicted 7 wins), I am damn sure seeing the improvement over last year...and I am enjoying every win like a mofo. We all should. This team has been hot garbage for the last ten years, and if we are being honest...the better part of 30 years, yeah?

Let the coaches and FO do the worrying. As a fan, I just want to continue to see improvement in all phases of the game. I want to see a competitive team every week. I have seen both of those things through week 6, so no tears here. I expect the Rams to have setbacks, and for some reason, I get the feeling they will lose this week in London. Even if they do, if someone told me this team would be 4-3 after 7 games, with all new coaches, and new schemes on BOTH sides of the ball, I would have been pleased. I can't wait to see what this team is capable of with consistent play from the QB. I like that he has protected the ball thus far, but I want to see him once he is more comfortable with his line and scheme. Kid can deal when he has time...that much is fo sho.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it the fact that the Seahawks and Jags bot have top ten defenses, or is there just enough film out there to let opposing defenses learn more about McVay's scheme? I'm interested to see how the Cardinal's D looks against our offense. I am also eager to watch McVay's gameplan change after the bye.