McVay said he was suprised by all the cheering when the packers scored.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Caveat My son plays competitive traveling sports and his schedule comes out after I have to commit to the seaon tix.
Completely different than the fan who has no onstacles to going to the game, but decides to sell their ticket because they can make a killing.

It results in crowds like Sunday. BTW... driving home last night listening to the local sports station here in DAL (The Ticket). They reviewed the game and got into the crowd. Of course, having no dog in the hunt, all three of the hosts said the same thing...sad that the Rams had to play an away game in their own stadium.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's because New York is a cold-weather city and people from the midwest don't flock there every winter like they do the west and southwest. Without the waves of pasty-thighed midwesterners there's no $$$, and if there's no $$$ then there isn't any reason to sell out, is there? Way to go out on a limb!
Think NY fans wouldn't outnumber GB fans if the Giants were 8 - 0 and the game was in September? No limb necessary... pretty sure it wouldn't go down like Sunday.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the go pack go thing sounded like an unorganized smattering of fans.
I don't know what to say other than... I heard what I heard.

Very subjective... quality of sound system... quality of subject's hearing... amount of adult beverage consumed...

I'll say:
I have a very good sound system
My hearing is pretty good.. but I am old :LOL:
OK, this might be where you get me... :ROFLMAO:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I was a kid like you in ‘68 but in Arkansas.

My Dad went to college with Eddie Meador...that’s how it happened for me.

Best post I’ve read in this thread.

Attendance must be up 40% over last year...good atmosphere and better than a ghost town.

Good job, SS!

I was 7 years old in 1974, living in Chicago (born in Chicago).
My dad went to Lane Tech High School in Chicago. Maybe some of you know of it? He played against Dick Butkus a couple times. My Dad was a TE (flanker) as they were called.
He also played for a year at Purdue (football scholarship) with Bob Griese as his QB. Broke collar bone. Called it quits because mom was pregnant.

I happened to see a game on TV where the Rams came back and won at the end. Loved their helmets. Loved their uniforms. Chose them as my team and never looked back.

BriansRams

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I dunno... what's it gonna take?

They orchestrate one of the biggest turn-arounds in NFL history last year and make the playoffs.

They start off 2018-2019 at 8 - 0.

What's it gonna take to "forget"? What do they have to do? Comments like those really confound me.
They are on the right track. Super bowl or bust.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I dunno... what's it gonna take?

They orchestrate one of the biggest turn-arounds in NFL history last year and make the playoffs.

They start off 2018-2019 at 8 - 0.

What's it gonna take to "forget"? What do they have to do? Comments like those really confound me.
They are doing all the right things, but remember, big percentage of season ticket holders were probably making business decisions. Now as the rams win over the locals, more season ticket holders will want to go to games. The Coliseum is still a piece of shit. So look for the biggest difference when they move in. It's not like Lakers and dodgers here yet. Not much of the, "how bout those rams"when I'm at the grocery or liquor store. More hats and t-shirts though. It will get there though if they keep going all in.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't know what to say other than... I heard what I heard.

Very subjective... quality of sound system... quality of subject's hearing... amount of adult beverage consumed...

I'll say:
I have a very good sound system
My hearing is pretty good.. but I am old :LOL:
OK, this might be where you get me... :ROFLMAO:
And I was stone cold sober so.....

Regardless, it is a touchy subject. I just got irritated with as the GB fans started to get overpowered by the Rams fans - coincidentally as the Rams started to come on - the announcers mentioned it again. By that time I was keying in on it and thought it was BS at that point. Early on? Yeah - I'd say they were louder. They had a great turn out. I think it's kind of expected. I'm not taking anything from it though as LA is going to attract fans from other cities more than almost anywhere and now with SD no longer an NFL city, probably anywhere until Vegas comes in.

Last edited:

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
I knew there would be a lot of packer fans since their fanbase travels well and there are a lot of Packer fans in LA BUT I never thought they would take over the place as they did though.that sucked. I guess when you think about it its not TOO surprising though i guess.

Used to be the cowboys were my most hated team for most my life but the Pukers now have that honor though and thats because everywhere i go here in kansas city.I see packer licence plates EVERYWHERE and see people wearing packer uniforms as well. I would expect that if this was the Bears since it is the midwest but not the freaking packers.:mad:

what REALLY pisses me off though is when i was growing up in the 80's and 90's you NEVER saw packer stuff anywhere.Only after Favre came along and turned their franchise around did they start turning up and multipling.:mad:

I guarantee if they went back to their losing ways and were as bad as the raiders or browns,those packer fans here in kc would disapear in a heartbeat.freaking fair weather fans. Man these fair weather fans here in kc,if they want root for the freaking pukers,go move to freaking green bay,get the hell out of kansas city for god sakes!!!!:mad: Im serious,there is probably as many packer fans here as there are chief fans.:mad:

Remember LA has a lot of packer fans there so it will take a while before they give them up to root for the Rams unfortunately. LA has packer fans and Cowboy fans everywhere.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
That being said,at least THIS week that wont be a problem. as you all remember,the Rams first regular season game back in LA was against the Seahawks and it was mostly Ram fans that turned out for that game.Matter of fact,what made me happy about that game is the crowd noise was a factor in them winning that game because the Hawks had a delay of penalty because of the crowd noise late in the game and the penaltly resulted in a turnover by the seahawks preserving a Rams victory for them.so at least they wont have to worry about that this week. Will be just like the Vikings game when the majority were Ram fans there.:)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The fact that the Rams played in the Midwest for 21 years has something to do with it. When the team left SoCal (based in Anaheim) the vast majority of Rams fans stopped cheering for the team (I was not one of them) and you can't blame them. This allowed for the fans to adopt other teams and the Packers were a popular choice. Also, Los Angeles is a city of transplants--people don't pack up and move back east but come out west for the great weather, the beaches, the eateries, and the million things to do Go West young man. Isn't that what Horace Greeley famously uttered in the 19th century. I grew up going to the Coliseum as my dad had season tickets since 1951. You would find Niner fans when their club came in to play but other teams including GB--absolutely not. Of course I remember when tickets were only $5.50 for the best seat in the house and in 1994 they were $35.00 apiece. Big difference even considering inflation. But I am ever so glad--thrilled we beat those Packers and that Rodgers couldn't get back on the field because of Ramik Wilson's strip and recovery. That shut up those Packer fans for good. Now fly back to the frozen tundra disappointed as all get out.

Some good points. No football in LA for a whole generation of fans. If you don't live in an NFL city and you're looking for a team to follow, are you gonna pick the Rams in a smaller market midwest city when they've had the worst record for so long? Not likely.

It will take time to build a true Rams fan base. Winning a Superbowl will go a long way towards that. Building a new stadium will too. I have a feeling we will see a much higher percentage of Rams fans in Inglewood. I also think it will be the new place to be for celebrities who want to be seen. Like the Laker games.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Rewatching the game.
That piece of shit ref was right there on the Gurley catch - 2 fucking feet away - and called it incomplete. Looking right at his feet.

Does make you wonder. Seriously.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
what REALLY pisses me off though is when i was growing up in the 80's and 90's you NEVER saw packer stuff anywhere.Only after Favre came along and turned their franchise around did they start turning up and multipling.:mad:
Like I've mentioned with regards to this subject in this and other threads. I remember VIVIDLY the staggering amount of Pack fans there were at the 1 or 2 games I saw them at the Big A in the 80's. And they sucked at that time!!! The southland is, and has been full of cheeseheads for a Looooooong time. Now... it's just worse cause they've raised little cheeseheads here who had no local team and latched onto their folks and families team.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I had season tickets in 2016 and gave them up after 1 year. I was hyped for the tailgating experience, but I had to go through a 3rd party ticket broker and that cost $700 bucks for the year. Not much less than a good seat all year! Also I echo the sentiment that the Coliseum is awful. Add in traffic time, set up, clean up and it's 8-10 hour days that get expensive. I can watch at home on HD or go to a bar and have a better experience for a much cheaper price and save time. I spend enough time in traffic M-F personally.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I get it that the PACK fans travel well and they will have a good following anywhere they play but I always feel that too many fans let making a profit on their tickets overrides their fandom. I too would like to see the Rams have a home field advantage. I wonder how it affects the team's mojo sometimes. Maybe that is why we are so good on the road????:bueller:
I'm looking as the Packers fans made a vacation out of it before they freeze their ass off .

But yes , very disappointed .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I had season tickets in 2016 and gave them up after 1 year. I was hyped for the tailgating experience, but I had to go through a 3rd party ticket broker and that cost $700 bucks for the year. Not much less than a good seat all year! Also I echo the sentiment that the Coliseum is awful. Add in traffic time, set up, clean up and it's 8-10 hour days that get expensive. I can watch at home on HD or go to a bar and have a better experience for a much cheaper price and save time. I spend enough time in traffic M-F personally.

You are a casual fan for attendance, but maybe more active offline so to speak.

And you are part of the HUGE amount of fans that are turning away because of the cost.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
You are a casual fan for attendance, but maybe more active offline so to speak.

And you are part of the HUGE amount of fans that are turning away because of the cost.

Cost to value is a big part of it for me. I could use that money to save for a home or even just a nice vacation. The cost of living in LA is really high and forces some hard choices to me made.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
I live in Florida. Each team here has two issues with attendance. The number of transplants buying tickets that are fans of the opposing teams and the number of fans from out of town that will fly in for a 3 or 4 day trip that includes beach time, nightlife and a game with their team. Every sport. Every game. For fucks sake it even happens for spring training games in the two stadiums here in SWFL.

Sounds like a Florida thing. I don't see it happening to the Lakers, Kings, Dodgers, etc.

Once again, based on the history of other teams in Los Angeles I'd suggest the Rams' home field advantage will get better with with time, not worse. Hope the teams in Florida have better luck in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.