McVay said he was suprised by all the cheering when the packers scored.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Think NY fans wouldn't outnumber GB fans if the Giants were 8 - 0 and the game was in September? No limb necessary... pretty sure it wouldn't go down like Sunday.

What part of "That's because New York is a cold-weather city and people from the midwest don't flock there every winter like they do the west and southwest" did you not understand?

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Well, roll your eyes all you want but I also heard it loud and clear and going on pretty much the whole game.

I guess you had a different feed with close mics on all the Whacker fans, then. I've heard denser chants at UCSB vs. Utah State basketball games.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO, there were a bunch of other sporting activities going on Sunday, which doesn't help, especially the World Series. I really hope this talk goes away once the Rams start playing in their own stadium. Can't come too soon to playing in their permanent home.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
You are a casual fan for attendance, but maybe more active offline so to speak.

And you are part of the HUGE amount of fans that are turning away because of the cost.

Hey Les - you’ve made your point.
Over and over and over again.
You don’t like Stan.
We get it.
Get over it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hey Les - you’ve made your point.
Over and over and over again.
You don’t like Stan.
We get it.
Get over it.

I don't need to get over anything. Not one damn thing.

That comment you quoted wasn't aimed at Kroenke specifically, it was aimed at the NFL overall. There are a few converging drivers that are hurting attendance at NFL games and one of the big reasons is the cost. It's too expensive for too many people that used to be able to afford to go to a game.

At some stadiums with average priced tickets, not premium, it costs over 600 bucks for a family of 4. The Bears may have already crossed the $700 barrier. Casual fans or middle income people can't justify that for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Cost to value is a big part of it for me. I could use that money to save for a home or even just a nice vacation. The cost of living in LA is really high and forces some hard choices to me made.

I'm totally with you and I can understand 100%. A home or vacation is a better idea LOL.

Hope the teams in Florida have better luck in the future.

Actually the opposite is likely to happen LOL.

People move to Florida at the rate of nearly 1,000 people a day (for a lot of different reasons) so it won't change.....ever.

And I would guess that fans of other teams don't show up to Lakers or Dodgers games in large numbers because they have multiple opportunities to see their favorite team. Using the Packers for example..........those fans may not have more than one chance in 3-5 years, so more people will want to take advantage of that, versus say 2-5 chances each and every year to see their favorite baseball or basketball team.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are doing all the right things, but remember, big percentage of season ticket holders were probably making business decisions. Now as the rams win over the locals, more season ticket holders will want to go to games. The Coliseum is still a piece of crap. So look for the biggest difference when they move in. It's not like Lakers and dodgers here yet. Not much of the, "how bout those rams"when I'm at the grocery or liquor store. More hats and t-shirts though. It will get there though if they keep going all in.
All I can say is... if 8 - 0 doesn't for it for you, tough crowd! ;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What part of "That's because New York is a cold-weather city and people from the midwest don't flock there every winter like they do the west and southwest" did you not understand?
# 1: Stop with the combative attitude.

#2: I wrote SEPTEMBER. Maybe you've never been in the northeast in September. It's actually very moderate.

#3: I'm done with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.