McVay Presser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
McVay cant answer the question honestly with out throwing his oline under the bus. I think this is pretty obvious about now.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
5 carries today for 16 yards.

13 came on one run.

He has not been good. He's been terrible.

He had a good game versus the Panthers to open the season but hasn't been even able to get to 4 per carry since then. And the last several games he has been playing poorly.

This is a fact. He's no longer what he was and they will have to cut bait sometime this season or right after this season.

He's not going to get better, he's going to get worse. Something is clearly wrong and that's just a fact.

5 carries? wow that many? shit your totally right he's freaking done! if you can't get 100 yards in 5 carries there is no point to try again. let's just cut him now. Good thing your here to set us straight.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
When you’re behind 21 points in the first half and get to within 8 but that jumps quickly back to 15, it’s hard to run the ball when the clock is against you.

If we were the ones up by 8 or 21, I’d say Gurley would be more involved.

Ad Sean said repeatedly, there are many things to address.

The media acts like Jared threw 150 yards...not over 400. Yeah, he’s the problem.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes yes yes, the offense could be better, but the offense still managed to score 33 points despite giving the ball away 4 times. Goff didn’t quit, and for that I respect him. The defense never could get it right. Did Tampa punt even once? That means we didn’t get ONE three and out. I don’t care how good your offense is, if you can’t get 1 three and out, you’re not going to win.

oldnotdead

Legend
They aren't running Gurley because they simply can't run against the defenses they have faced. All the stupid media is just that.....stupid. They don't understand the sport they are covering.

The problem with McVay's offense is that it relies on a single blocking scheme for almost all of their running plays. That blocking scheme was exposed by the Bears last year. McVay's problem and also Kromer's problem since he's the run attack coordinator is that now they have to redesign a whole new run offense to use a different blocking scheme. This is exactly why a whole lot of offenses, including the SeaHawks and possibly the 49ers have moved to or are moving to gap blocking. It can be used inside or outside and against most fronts defenses will play. I think we will begin to see a change after Thursday's game when they have time to install it. I think McVay will begin to design gap blocked plays to use when facing that extended front.

The stupid media doesn't get it. The problem isn't Gurley, it's DC's have taken away his running plays. He also needs to play Brown more, not as a runner but as a pass blocker as he's much better at it than Gurley.

McVay needs to tell Goff to audible to a gap blocked inside run whenever they defense shows a 6 man front. After they keep getting gashed for 6-10 yds each time those 6 man fronts will disappear. So yeah a lot of the problem is in the design of McVay's run attack and his play calling.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm losing faith here.

Same mistakes over and over.

Same answers to the same questions.

He's lost his way.
Les no coach is a genius when his players get owned in the trenches. When that happens a coach goes from genius to idiot in a heartbeat. And we got whipped, not beat, in the trenches. It's actually impressive that we scored 40 points, that the team fought back on offense and didn't pack it in.

Kromer has to answer the bell here IMO. For a guy who's batted a thousand before this season, he's like a hitter on a hitless streak of late. He's watched McVay take the heat for a quarter of the season now on how the offense isn't the same unit, while both his veteran tackles have struggled. He's put a subpar backup in there when Blythe was down who created all manner of BS for McVay to gloss over and take the blame for. I don't blame him for some of the up and down play you see with Boom & Allen, because at some point an org has to decide to go with young players, but that also is going to potentially factor in for him with the Head Coach particularly if he was behind the decision. These are blows to the guy's prestige in that room and the OL is a position that can cost the HC his own prestige and erode his ability to do his job.

I guarantee Kromer has some 'splainin to do tomorrow.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Yes yes yes, the offense could be better, but the offense still managed to score 33 points despite giving the ball away 4 times. Goff didn’t quit, and for that I respect him. The defense never could get it right. Did Tampa punt even once? That means we didn’t get ONE three and out. I don’t care how good your offense is, if you can’t get 1 three and out, you’re not going to win.

They did punt at least once. Jojo muffed the ball but was interfered by TB so we retained it.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
5 carries today for 16 yards.

13 came on one run.

He has not been good. He's been terrible.

He had a good game versus the Panthers to open the season but hasn't been even able to get to 4 per carry since then. And the last several games he has been playing poorly.

This is a fact. He's no longer what he was and they will have to cut bait sometime this season or right after this season.

He's not going to get better, he's going to get worse. Something is clearly wrong and that's just a fact.
Gurley wasnt the problem today. It was the lack of defense and no adjustments at halftime. We win thursday and then beat the whiners and all is well.

TexasRam

Legend
Gurley is done. It's pretty clear he is trying to help but he is not the same. The TD celebrations show it all. He cant jump up and HI five and the whole team is instructed to be carefull and congratulate him by a simple helmet tap.

But for those of you who think we needed to run more I don't get it.

When you are down multiple scores and playing the best run defense its suicidal to run the ball. Oh and when we did we were going backwards. We gave a valiant effort to get back in the game and came a few plays from coming all the way back, but the Oline couldn't hold the dam anymore and it broke.

oldnotdead

Legend
The starter at RG is the one that's substandard. Did you watch how much pressure Blythe allowed. His blown blocks and non-blocks allowed the sack and blewup the 4th down play. On the first series of the 2nd half he must have missed or blown 3-4 blocks, all allowing pressure. People point to Rob at RT but Austin was equally bad, just harder to see because he's on the interior. Blythe missed more blocks in one game than Demby did in 2 games and yeah he should have been called for a false start but that was missed too. Both Rob and Austin need to lose their starting positions but in Havenstein's case I'd move him to RG.

Kromer's fault lies in thinking Blythe is a quality starter and not giving Rob help on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.